Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 Jun 2021, 18:03 (Ref:4054492)   #301
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I shall very shortly be cycling home on my overhauled Specialized bike. Thank you Alan." Cirrus Cycles "
Click image for larger version

Name:	5000 mile service from Cirrus Cycles. Tob job Thankyou Alan..jpg
Views:	8
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	68927
Old 3 Jun 2021, 18:15 (Ref:4054494)   #302
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's an uphill ride.
Old 3 Jun 2021, 18:15 (Ref:4054495)   #303
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Steep climb ahead.....
Old 3 Jun 2021, 21:20 (Ref:4054516)   #304
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Funny on my way home got caught up in a group ride from local club" Reading Bike Club ". We spoke about cycling in groups a while back and its not for me. Some bloke was shouting "pot hole" !!!!. Then there all pointing towards the tarmac as if I do not know that road having cycled the route for over 30 years. Any way after a few miles we parted company with a cheery wave.
I shall continue cycling on my own unless we are out on a tenths ride this summer.
Old 4 Jun 2021, 04:00 (Ref:4054537)   #305
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Funny on my way home got caught up in a group ride from local club" Reading Bike Club ". We spoke about cycling in groups a while back and its not for me. Some bloke was shouting "pot hole" !!!!. Then there all pointing towards the tarmac as if I do not know that road having cycled the route for over 30 years. Any way after a few miles we parted company with a cheery wave.
I shall continue cycling on my own unless we are out on a tenths ride this summer.
Hehehe.... I still remember when you were at Phillip Island and I bought my bike down for you to use to ride between track and hotel plus use while here. The next morning asked you how you got on with the bike. Apparently you took a wrong turn and the 7klms from track to hotel turned into a marathon. I think you did a couple of laps of Phillip Island. Yes, a couple of laps of the Island as opposed to a couple of laps of the circuit!
Happy days!

Oh and the geese on the apex!
Old 4 Jun 2021, 07:16 (Ref:4054545)   #306
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Hehehe.... I still remember when you were at Phillip Island and I bought my bike down for you to use to ride between track and hotel plus use while here. The next morning asked you how you got on with the bike. Apparently you took a wrong turn and the 7klms from track to hotel turned into a marathon. I think you did a couple of laps of Phillip Island. Yes, a couple of laps of the Island as opposed to a couple of laps of the circuit!
Happy days!

Yes Chris " Dave " very very happy days. And I had a race with a kangarooooo.
Old 29 Jun 2021, 15:54 (Ref:4058864)   #307
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow! What a stage at Le Tour today. Not a dry eye in the house.
Old 29 Jun 2021, 17:31 (Ref:4058882)   #308
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Great job from Cav' and his team indeed. Van Moer must be bitter…
Old 29 Jun 2021, 19:03 (Ref:4058895)   #309
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Passed a bloke on mountain bike on the way home, guess its a bit late for me to be called into GB team.
Old 29 Jun 2021, 21:28 (Ref:4058931)   #310
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Great job from Cav' and his team indeed. Van Moer must be bitter…
Van Moer gave it a great shot and with a few more riders in the breakaway might just have made it.
Old 29 Jun 2021, 23:41 (Ref:4058947)   #311
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Cav!
Old 30 Jun 2021, 07:20 (Ref:4058974)   #312
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Cav!
A great sprint from the 'Manx Missile', but Van Moer, rode all day at the front. Cav gets the prize, but Van Moer is way down the bunch at the finish.
Life and cycling do no seem fair sometimes.

When you see the fuss people and the media make over a load of overpaid footballers, prancing around for 90 minutes (?), and compare what they do with the likes of Rogic and Thomas, to name but two, I wonder about the values people have when it comes to 'sport'.
Old 30 Jun 2021, 08:19 (Ref:4058984)   #313
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
I agree Bob but I am sure Mr Cavendish is not short of a few Bob. Get it "Bob".
Old 30 Jun 2021, 08:52 (Ref:4058986)   #314
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Yes! iai'n I got that one.

When you think about it Moer lost the race in the time Cav won it! About the last hundred yards.
Old 30 Jun 2021, 09:15 (Ref:4058988)   #315
Will Nuthall
Racer

Will Nuthall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Happy days!

Enjoyed a few rides around Phillip Island - Island that is!
Plus down the coast from Melbourne to Frankston and back.

Hired a bike in Melbourne
Old 30 Jun 2021, 15:04 (Ref:4059037)   #316
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
When you see the fuss people and the media make over a load of overpaid footballers, prancing around for 90 minutes (?), and compare what they do with the likes of Rogic and Thomas, to name but two, I wonder about the values people have when it comes to 'sport'.
We can discuss this endlessly I think. Taking in count that cycling is probably the most demanding sport, and very dangerous when you see the speed achieved, all those riders should receive loads of money. But…
Old 30 Jun 2021, 15:26 (Ref:4059044)   #317
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Quote:
I recently saw some of the prize monies awarded at the TdF. The King of the Mountains, for example, wins £22,500. The same goes for all the other jerseys apart from the yellow. The overall winner gets (from memory) £430,000. I'm led to believe that Gareth Bale earns more than that every week, even if he doesn't play.

The singles winners at Wimbledon get £1,700,000. Cav may be comfortable but he's not super-rich.

Last edited by Alan Morgan; 30 Jun 2021 at 15:41.
Old 30 Jun 2021, 15:50 (Ref:4059050)   #318
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Oh dear - you've got me started now.

Geraint Thomas crashed a couple of days ago and dislocated his shoulder. The medics popped it back in and he rode another 100K to finish the stage. He did a time trial today which must have been very uncomfortable on a TT bike.

Footballers are elite athletes and are used to enduring the inevitable pain and injury which comes with their sport. What I don't like is the play-acting during a match. It's basically cheating as far as I'm concerned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IInwxgWaRq4
Old 1 Jul 2021, 15:52 (Ref:4059195)   #319
jcdeleted
Rookie

jcdeleted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ageing cycling heroes

Cav and his reception was wonderful on Tuesday, and now the Manx midget and Quickstep do it again. Unbelievably impressive. Is he almost as famous as the sainted Bob yet?
Old 1 Jul 2021, 16:15 (Ref:4059199)   #320
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Great Cav' again today.
Old 1 Jul 2021, 16:49 (Ref:4059209)   #321
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
Footballers are elite athletes and are used to enduring the inevitable pain and injury which comes with their sport. What I don't like is the play-acting during a match. It's basically cheating as far as I'm concerned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IInwxgWaRq4
Indeed, it is blatant cheating as you say. I can more easily forgive a dirty tackle, as that isn’t always malicious, whereas a dive is. Makes them look like wimps too. Terry Butcher and Paul Ince wouldn’t even let a proper head injury stop them playing!
Old 1 Jul 2021, 19:55 (Ref:4059246)   #322
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Mathieu van der Poel
Old 1 Jul 2021, 20:29 (Ref:4059255)   #323
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Mathieu van der Poel
Quite right, everyone is ignoring him, and he is in the Yellow Jersey. A great rider..
Old 2 Jul 2021, 16:32 (Ref:4059380)   #324
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Mohoric, seul sur terre! Did you see the average speed? 45,5 kph! Average, not maximum.
Old 2 Jul 2021, 16:42 (Ref:4059382)   #325
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Fascinating stage today. It could be a very interesting weekend...

Shame about Roglic but the other two Slovenians are making up for it. Good to see Matej Mohoric come back from this horrific crash on the Giro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17qtRLCIHZo&t=31s