Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 29 Aug 2021, 10:23 (Ref:4070866)   #51
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sounds like a contingency action plan, in the event that one or more tests from one or more of the travelling party produce a positive result, would also be a good idea.
Old 29 Aug 2021, 12:00 (Ref:4070885)   #52
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
At Brands yesterday for Continental GT, garage #1 had become a Covid test centre, don't see why Spa couldn't do similar?
Not Belgium but at Copenhagen Historic meeting 3 weeks ago we found test centre 5 minutes from circuit, open 8 til 8 seven days a week. On-demand LFT with result and a certificate printed in English produced in 20 minutes, all done FOC! I believe EU have capped charge at €29 in any case.
Re race cars if it looks roadgoing and has number plates nobody is in the least interested.
Old 29 Aug 2021, 15:02 (Ref:4070947)   #53
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's a good rate. One of my customers has been abroad and the test prices doubled the cost of his holiday!

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 29 Aug 2021, 19:38 (Ref:4071026)   #54
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hang on.... wasnt the Spa 6 hours today? What was I watching?

I'll get my coat.
Old 29 Aug 2021, 21:23 (Ref:4071061)   #55
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Hang on.... wasnt the Spa 6 hours today? What was I watching?

I'll get my coat.
Good one!
Old 29 Aug 2021, 21:26 (Ref:4071062)   #56
Wriggley Monkey
Rookie

Wriggley Monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is more information here. There will be testing available in the vicinity of the circuit with 20 minute response time.

https://www.spasixhours.com/en/covid19-2/

Anyone have any recommendations for assistance with carnet requirements, I don't think I need one for the car as it is my car travelling with me and road legal but I probably need a carnet for the spares and tools I believe.

Many thanks Brian
Old 1 Sep 2021, 14:39 (Ref:4071511)   #57
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
That's a good rate. One of my customers has been abroad and the test prices doubled the cost of his holiday!
When Sue and I came back from Spain the other week it cost us about £400 more. What bugs me is that the tests that we "had" to sign up for before we returned where all self tests that you had to send away to these money making labs !! They are all ridiculous as how do they know "who or what" has supplied the specimen ? I could have poked it up the cats arse
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 1 Sep 2021, 15:39 (Ref:4071517)   #58
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Also your E111 will not be valid anymore. I have just applied for GHIC card. That's " Global Health Insurance Card."
Old 1 Sep 2021, 16:39 (Ref:4071522)   #59
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Us too
Old 1 Sep 2021, 19:37 (Ref:4071542)   #60
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Also your E111 will not be valid anymore. I have just applied for GHIC card. That's " Global Health Insurance Card."
Have you had the excitement of paperwork for your cars yet Iain? Or is each driver taking his/her own across.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 2 Sep 2021, 05:42 (Ref:4071582)   #61
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Next weeks Job Max ?
Old 2 Sep 2021, 08:38 (Ref:4071597)   #62
Robert Farrell
Racer

Robert Farrell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Todays bulletin from Gov.UK
Change made:
From 28 September 2021, you’ll need a UK sticker instead of a GB sticker on your vehicle to drive abroad.

Time updated:
10:49am, 1 September 2021
Old 2 Sep 2021, 11:05 (Ref:4071614)   #63
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
EHICs are valid as long as still in date.
Old 2 Sep 2021, 11:10 (Ref:4071615)   #64
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wriggley Monkey View Post
There is more information here. There will be testing available in the vicinity of the circuit with 20 minute response time.

https://www.spasixhours.com/en/covid19-2/

Anyone have any recommendations for assistance with carnet requirements, I don't think I need one for the car as it is my car travelling with me and road legal but I probably need a carnet for the spares and tools I believe.

Many thanks Brian
Nope - as I've said elsewhere, just been to Copenhagen Historic and nobody is interested in what you are carrying. Nobody asked a single question about car, trailer, tools, spares. They didn't even stop us to look inside the motorhome. I'm at Aarhus Classic in 10 days so will update on my return, but I fully expect it to be the same.
Old 2 Sep 2021, 13:38 (Ref:4071637)   #65
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Farrell View Post
Change made:
From 28 September 2021, you’ll need a UK sticker instead of a GB sticker on your vehicle to drive abroad.

Time updated:
Presumably now the EU can't 'tell us what to do' it's by our own admission that we're no longer great and are currently a Useless Kingdom
Old 2 Sep 2021, 14:02 (Ref:4071642)   #66
eamonn ledwidge
Racer

Ireland
Fyfield, Essex, UK
eamonn ledwidge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Farrell View Post
Change made:

Time updated:
This change just to appease our Great Northern Friends!.
Old 7 Sep 2021, 12:44 (Ref:4072491)   #67
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eamonn ledwidge View Post
This change just to appease our Great Northern Friends!.
Meanwhile Daan saaf. . .
Attached Thumbnails
KSC.jpg  
Old 10 Sep 2021, 20:36 (Ref:4072981)   #68
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see from the HSCC newsletter today that they have cancelled the HSCC closed wheel cars races for this year citing Covid 19 and low entry levels.
Old 11 Sep 2021, 08:59 (Ref:4073047)   #69
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
I see from the HSCC newsletter today that they have cancelled the HSCC closed wheel cars races for this year citing Covid 19 and low entry levels.
A shame, they always offered very good value. But frankly its a ball ache most can't be bothered with at the moment.
Old 14 Sep 2021, 13:24 (Ref:4073827)   #70
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Anyone seen an entry list. Just wondering how many GT40 's are in the 6 hour ?
Old 14 Sep 2021, 13:40 (Ref:4073836)   #71
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Understand from gossip lots of Brits not going
Your apprentice and Michael Birch’s fleet still on way with me tagging along but have pulled my Pre War car as they have moved race from Friday to immediately before 6 hrs which is reason to be there.
Old 14 Sep 2021, 13:41 (Ref:4073837)   #72
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They said it was published a few days ago but I can't find it on the website.
Old 14 Sep 2021, 21:37 (Ref:4073947)   #73
MichaelBirch
Rookie

MichaelBirch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Understand from gossip lots of Brits not going
Your apprentice and Michael Birch’s fleet still on way with me tagging along but have pulled my Pre War car as they have moved race from Friday to immediately before 6 hrs which is reason to be there.
What time do you think we should book the Pizza Restaurant for on Saturday night? ??????
Old 15 Sep 2021, 04:48 (Ref:4073996)   #74
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelBirch View Post
What time do you think we should book the Pizza Restaurant for on Saturday night? ??????
Some of us will make use 9 pm shift and those attached to Ford truck may be later!
Old 16 Sep 2021, 09:18 (Ref:4074185)   #75
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Good news. 110 cars entered and only 7 GT40's. Starting to get excited now.