Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 6 Jan 2011, 09:28 (Ref:2811821)   #76
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Piquet Snr, having one of his calmer moments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SXbGDcMeo8
Old 7 Jan 2011, 05:40 (Ref:2812260)   #77
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Piquet Snr, having one of his calmer moments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SXbGDcMeo8

In this one instance my sympathies lie with Piquet....
Old 7 Jan 2011, 06:37 (Ref:2812271)   #78
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Uhn... the only way I can see it, it's that he's human like anybody else, and if you remember, his daddy was not around, and he felt pressured to perform for his father champion... typical like many youngsters everywhere.
Your probably right mate, but whatever the reason, it was the wrong decision.
Old 7 Jan 2011, 08:45 (Ref:2812318)   #79
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
In this one instance my sympathies lie with Piquet....

As much as we may sympathize with Mr Piquet - violence is never the answer.

But it was entertaining wasn't it.
Old 7 Jan 2011, 12:41 (Ref:2812451)   #80
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Comical!
Old 7 Jan 2011, 13:54 (Ref:2812500)   #81
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Allegedly what we saw on TV was not all of it.... It is said that the drivers set off on foot seperately towards the pits, some distance away. Soon one of the track vehicles, a car based pickup with an open load area in the back quickly picked Piquet up on the circumference road. So Piquet jumps into the load area, as opposed to in the cab. Eliseo is close by so marshall stops again to pick up Eliseo who also jumps in the back. First the raised voices and quickly it is Piquet and De Salazar round 2 in the back, as the truck is moving. The driver stops, leaps out and tries to keep them, now both out of the truck, seperated. The Marshall is more holding De Salazar away from Piquet as they bellow at each other. ....

Piquet, unattended, notes the engine is still running, and now standing by the side of the truck suddenly jumps into the cab of the pickuptruck, just engages first gear, drops the clutch, and drives off at high speed towards the paddock area and pits leaving the Marshall and De Salazar to walk.

Last edited by E.B; 7 Jan 2011 at 14:05.
Old 7 Jan 2011, 14:55 (Ref:2812533)   #82
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cool I never knew about that. I know that sometime after the race they inspected Piquet's Brabham BMW engine and it was found out that it would have blown up! So really De Salazar saved him and BMW an embarrassing show at Hockenheim! I think Piquet later apologised to him as well, after he calmed down and found out about the engine!

I prefer to remember Piquet Snr's drifting moment at Hungary in 1986. If at first you don't succeed, try again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2o1klPy5dU

Old 7 Jan 2011, 15:00 (Ref:2812534)   #83
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
That drift is just *******g awesome...

Selby
Old 17 Jan 2011, 00:17 (Ref:2816577)   #84
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
That drift is just *******g awesome...

Selby
Yeah the drifting is awesome but what is even more awesome is the way F1 cars in the 80's were able to pass each other and run that close without the aero becoming a major problem....

Or is the standard of driving really lower these days....
Old 17 Jan 2011, 13:46 (Ref:2816770)   #85
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
Or is the standard of driving really lower these days....
I'll bet 2 things......

1) If you put the stars of the 80's in todays cars, they wouldn't be able to pass easily.

2) If you put the stars of today in the 80's cars, there would be more overtaking.

That said, we look at overtaking of yesteryear, but there wasn't that much more of it back then than there is today, just watch the season review tapes.
Old 17 Jan 2011, 13:58 (Ref:2816775)   #86
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i feel dirty for having to say this, but i agree with mr v. on all 3 counts.

the idea of some of today's (ok by today i mean the 90s as well) epic overtakers from all formulae getting their grubby little mitts on cars with varying aero and engine characteristics and having a go at each other in a race is quite something.
Old 17 Jan 2011, 16:21 (Ref:2816849)   #87
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I am putting this video in here for pure entertainment value, nothing else. I prefer it with the sound muted because the music's annoying, but some may like it.
Old 17 Jan 2011, 17:27 (Ref:2816897)   #88
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
I am putting this video in here for pure entertainment value, nothing else. I prefer it with the sound muted because the music's annoying, but some may like it.
strider, That was purely entertaining, thanks!
Old 18 Jan 2011, 22:50 (Ref:2817566)   #89
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
I miss Piquet vs Ayrton Senna in Hungary (86 ?) in that list !
Old 18 Jan 2011, 23:22 (Ref:2817578)   #90
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
I miss Piquet vs Ayrton Senna in Hungary (86 ?) in that list !
I agree. It should definitely have been there!
Old 19 Jan 2011, 11:37 (Ref:2817736)   #91
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Where is JV around the outside of Schumacher in the last corner at Barcelona. Can't remember the year.
Or didn't get a run because they only had in car?
Old 19 Jan 2011, 15:23 (Ref:2817825)   #92
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Where is JV around the outside of Schumacher in the last corner at Barcelona. Can't remember the year.
Or didn't get a run because they only had in car?
It was 1996 when JV pulled that mega overtaking move and in Esotril(Portugal). He made the move at the Parabolical curve. You see passing around the outside of corner can happen in F1, although it is rare I accept.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp37R...eature=related

Special mention to Mansell versus Berger for Mexico 1990 for another around the outside overtaking manoeuvre.
Old 19 Jan 2011, 17:33 (Ref:2817863)   #93
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
I seem to remember that the William's team told Villeneuve that he could try the move if he liked, but they would probably have to come and pick him out of the armco barrier if it didn't work. JV was nothing if not gutsy.
Old 19 Jan 2011, 18:44 (Ref:2817903)   #94
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wow, this thread really got lost... what Piquets winning the case has to do with top overtakings ?

Let's do it somewhere else guys...