Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 3 Jun 2009, 06:43 (Ref:2474462)   #1
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What Drivers should hang up their helmet in 2010? (merged x2)

From the Blue side

1. BPB, aka Mr Steven Richards.
Suggested / Potential Replacement - Mr Fabian Coulthard

Seriously, is this guy ever going to achieve anything? Apart from embarassment.

2. Mr Michael Patrizi.
Suggested / Potential Replacement - Mrs Leanne Tander

Here is a guy who is causing grief to many. It doesn't matter if he hasn't got an FG to play with, the car isn't responsible for stupidity. There are some poeple who seem to have potential, and those who don't.

From the Red side

1. Mr Jack Perkins.
Suggested / Potential Replacement - No-one?

This guy has had teammates in the past who outshine him. A famous last name shouldn't be enough. He is just making up the numbers and taking up the dough. Once again, tThere are some poeple who seem to have potential, and those who don't.

2. Mr Tim Slade.
Suggested / Potential Replacement - Mr Steve Owen

I'm sure this car has more potential than Mr Slade is showing. Mr Owen would surely be a better chance of realising this potential, if nothing more.

So why haven't the following drivers been named?

Mr James Courtney - He is marketable. he brings the spotlight, and sponsors like that. You'd want a good insurance policy for your team if you hire him, if that is possible.

Mr Alex Davison - I don't know why. Perhaps this guy has potential and he just needs time to show it.

Mr Greg Murphy - Like Mr Courtney, he is marketable. He can also drive. He needs to start showing it though. It is becoming like an HRT of former years at Sprint Gas, so the car should be nearing completion to a level worthy of better performances.

Mr Cameron McConville - I don't know. I do think he has ability. Borderline.

Mr Paul Dumbrell - He can go quick. You have to discount the sillyness of Tassie and look at his performances in previous rounds. If he can get in the right headspace, he could be dangerous.

So what do you think? Thoughts on the candidates, and their replacements? Could be a precursor to the driver movements for '10.
Old 3 Jun 2009, 06:48 (Ref:2474466)   #2
Gaslight
Rookie

Australia
Australia
Gaslight should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tim Slade
Dale Wood
Michael Patrizi
Marcus Marshall
Mr P Dumbrell
Jack Perkins
Alex Davison
Fiore

All should get their asses out of the seat, zero talent, zero excitement and makes me think any fool can drive a V8 supercar oh sorry if only my daddy had a cheque book
Im sorry but Dumbrell should start thinking new career, maybe he can wave the chequered flag, since he hasnt won anything in 10 years!!!!
Old 3 Jun 2009, 07:03 (Ref:2474478)   #3
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos View Post
From the Blue side

What about two Bathurst wins? Oh yeah, he's already done that. What have you done?
Old 3 Jun 2009, 07:48 (Ref:2474501)   #4
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
lets see michale patrazzi, appaarntly he was good enough to beat Craig lowndes and Garth tander in his last race, certainly showed up Greg Murphy, rick Kelly, james courtney and steve Richards as well. and wait in an old BF in just his 2nd season.

Tim slade well he did the same also, (just a shame he had a silly contact with mc conville).

I think everyone there deserves a drive, except maybe dumbrell who in many years of racing and achieved little and greg murphy who is still trading on his results from the early 90's and the fact that he knows how to steer around bathurst ( would make a good co driver then)
Old 3 Jun 2009, 08:29 (Ref:2474522)   #5
Rob Bailey
Veteran

Rob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Flick the whole lot and start again with no driver over 25,once over 25 flick 'em.
And pay 'em jack all.
Old 3 Jun 2009, 09:17 (Ref:2474553)   #6
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are alot of drivers in the list of 30 that deserve to be there, and alot who may be able to be "beaten" in a straight drive by some guys not in the list.

Seriously though, even though I am not high on them, I am not one to dictate who should go or stay.

Just like any sports, guys have hard times and slumps... And some guys get lucky and get into a team on one or two great games/rounds - However, unlike other sports, it's alot harder in this game to replace guys - especially when money may be bound to someone.

Rather than slag some guys, i'd like to say that I'd happily like to see Holdsworth and Coulthard take a more "prime" seat, and would LOVE to see Adam Macrow and Steve Owen come into the main game. I am also glad that Will Davison found a top seat and that Slade has been given an opportunity - If given a full 12 months, I see some nice things occuring there.

As for the Murphy's, Richo's, Johnson's and (it pains me to say it) Bright's, their day to step down will come, but the decision is theirs and theirs only. All of that said... I am not overly fussed on Patrizi.....
Old 3 Jun 2009, 11:06 (Ref:2474604)   #7
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos View Post

In his younger days, he had the speed, but not championship quick, even though he did win Bathurst twice. When he came back to Australia full time, all of his speed was gone and my liking of him waned. Lately I have despised Steve and he hasn't got any speed what so ever. He needs to have a good look at how he is going before the start of the next season.

Quote:
2. Mr Michael Patrizi.
Suggested / Potential Replacement - Mrs Leanne Tander

Here is a guy who is causing grief to many. It doesn't matter if he hasn't got an FG to play with, the car isn't responsible for stupidity. There are some poeple who seem to have potential, and those who don't.
This guy should have gone to the Development Series in 2008 instead of going with the main series with a brand new single car team. Having a fairly good single seater record doesn't mean a darn thing in touring cars. I think he has potential, but he needs to show it in the Development Series before jumping into the deep end.

Quote:
1. Mr Jack Perkins.
Suggested / Potential Replacement - No-one?

This guy has had teammates in the past who outshine him. A famous last name shouldn't be enough. He is just making up the numbers and taking up the dough. Once again, there are some poeple who seem to have potential, and those who don't.
As a personal friend of mine, I'm a bit biased to Perkins. I think he has potential, he just needs to find his feet. If we had to choose a replacement, what about Steve Owen?

Quote:
2. Mr Tim Slade.
Suggested / Potential Replacement - Mr Steve Owen

I'm sure this driver has more potential than Mr Slade is showing. Mr Owen would surely be a better chance of realising this potential, if nothing more.
I think that Tim is starting to show his speed. Like you, I belive that Steve Owen is a better pick but let's wait until the end of the year to see if Slade is made of the stern stuff

Quote:
So why haven't the following drivers been named?

Mr James Courtney - He is marketable. He brings the spotlight, and sponsors like that. You'd want a good insurance policy for your team if you hire him, if that is possible.
Personally, I can't stand this guy. I think his personality is suited for Formula One, bit of "look at me, I'm a snob." The only real thing he has shown is that he can bend and break more machines than a demolition derby. I think Jim is more suited to single seaters, so he needs to go back to the UK.

Quote:
Mr Alex Davison - I don't know why. Perhaps this guy has potential and he just needs time to show it.
I have to agree with you 100%

Quote:
Mr Greg Murphy - Like Mr Courtney, he is marketable. He can also drive. He needs to start showing it though. It is becoming like an HRT of former years at Sprint Gas, so the car should be nearing completion to a level worthy of better performances.
Even though he is showing his age, he does have the driveablity. The Tasman Motorsport cars have never been nowhere as good as Dencar or Triple Eight chassis. If Tasman can build the car on the pace as THRT and TeamVodafone Murphy will be up there in the top five

Quote:
Mr Cameron McConville - I don't know. I do think he has ability. Borderline.
His time has passed. He showed promise when he was with Tander at Garry Rodgers Motorsport, even getting a round win back in 2004. But when he left for Paul Weel Racing, all of that promise went out the window. Even with the best of Holden gear on hand, he is still struggling with only some flashes of brillance. I think his duel role as racer and expert commentry with Channel Ten is starting to show for the worst. Either it's the speaking role or the driving, just look at Neil Crompton.

Quote:
Mr Paul Dumbrell - He can go quick. You have to discount the sillyness of Tassie and look at his performances in previous rounds. If he can get in the right headspace, he could be dangerous.
After many years in the wilderness and bad luck, he has got a nice home and by golly he is showing fine form and quick pace. Sure he's been in the game for a very long time and still have a fair few critics but now he's giving them the answers. I think if he didn't have personal problems late last year and nearly giving up the sport, I think Dumbrell would have been in championship contention.
Old 3 Jun 2009, 13:05 (Ref:2474688)   #8
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it's just like a football team there are superstars and there are your average players, can't afford to have a grid of 30 superstars.
Old 3 Jun 2009, 13:07 (Ref:2474691)   #9
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Did I read somewhere that Patrizi finished 9th on Sunday? Maybe the FRSR car was actually a pig? Hrmmmm....
Old 3 Jun 2009, 13:12 (Ref:2474698)   #10
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
the soft tyres among a few other incidents namly Murph, Richo & Jase Richards beaching it on the bank worked in his favour. level playing field and he isn't getting anywhere near the performances Fabian was getting out of that car last year.
Old 3 Jun 2009, 13:34 (Ref:2474709)   #11
motofan
Racer

motofan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that being said pro michaels times where equal that of fabian in race 2 he generally shows good race pace but lacks qualifying ability at the moment much like a bunch of the young guys and it would only be fair to compare his and fabians results if they where in the same car aswell as the opposition being in the same cars id take a stab and say all bar the guys in the old bf's would be in new cars , personally i dont think you should be pointing the finger at any of the young blokes who have had 2 years or less in the category paul dumbrell, steve richards i can understand but you have to give the 'rookies' a bit of time to hit there stride, that being said i think slade, patrizi, and reynolds will all improve they just need luck to fall there way
Old 3 Jun 2009, 16:29 (Ref:2474803)   #12
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
i rate Reynolds, i hope Patrizi proves me wrong. Mick Caruso i have big wraps on this year he has improved heaps and good on him, definatly a star of the future like his teammate.
Old 4 Jun 2009, 02:44 (Ref:2475079)   #13
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
I think everyone there deserves a drive, except greg murphy who is still trading on his results from the early 90's and the fact that he knows how to steer around bathurst ( would make a good co driver then)
Murphy won Bathurst in '96, '99, '03 & '04.
Old 4 Jun 2009, 03:54 (Ref:2475092)   #14
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer View Post
it's just like a football team there are superstars and there are your average players, can't afford to have a grid of 30 superstars.
What? Are you serious? 'You can't afford to have a grid of 30 superstars'? Seriously, explain that logic...
Old 4 Jun 2009, 04:33 (Ref:2475097)   #15
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
What? Are you serious? 'You can't afford to have a grid of 30 superstars'? Seriously, explain that logic...
i mean the teams, someone like a Kelly racing can't afford a Whincup, Lowndes or Tander in the #16 car they need a pay driver to boost the funds. PCR can't afford someone on the clibre of the above in the Patrizi car. talant has slipped through the fingers because to top teams that can afford to pay for it a already filled and the others need the SORF's to make up the numbers.
Old 4 Jun 2009, 05:02 (Ref:2475104)   #16
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer View Post
the soft tyres among a few other incidents namly Murph, Richo & Jase Richards beaching it on the bank worked in his favour. level playing field and he isn't getting anywhere near the performances Fabian was getting out of that car last year.
Didn't Fabian Coulthard also use the soft tyres to his advantage, and people were lauding his performance.

It's not a level playing if he is in an old car now with all the attention going to the FG, when Patrizi gets one thats when comparisons can be made
Old 4 Jun 2009, 07:27 (Ref:2475150)   #17
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
opinion8head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON View Post
Yep...
Good Co Driver P'star...?
Old 4 Jun 2009, 07:36 (Ref:2475158)   #18
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON View Post
woops sorry, meant early 00's (assuming thats how you type it) he wasnt racing v8s back in the early 90's (too young really)

and yes i also realise he was the top holden finisher at bathurst the last two years. thats my point he knows how to steer around bathurst, he would be a great co driver there, just like jim richards was in 2001, and mark skaife would be this year if he gets a driver.
Old 4 Jun 2009, 08:28 (Ref:2475185)   #19
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
Quote:
woops sorry, meant early 00's (assuming thats how you type it) he wasnt racing v8s back in the early 90's (too young really)

and yes i also realise he was the top holden finisher at bathurst the last two years. thats my point he knows how to steer around bathurst, he would be a great co driver there, just like jim richards was in 2001, and mark skaife would be this year if he gets a driver.
Yeah... I agree ...Like Jimmy R, Who's achievements starting in the 70's run through to Bathurst 2001 and on.
Why not the same for Murph ? I'd be stoked, along with many others to see Murph racing at Bathurst as "Senior" as the Great Denny Hulme.
In the meantime... Murph as a driver is "doing the buisness",
Nothings gunna stop that...until he decides !
Old 4 Jun 2009, 08:38 (Ref:2475190)   #20
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
is he doing the business, 20th in the championship is not really doing the business, it means there are 19 blokes doing the business better
Old 4 Jun 2009, 08:58 (Ref:2475201)   #21
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
Quote:
is he doing the business, 20th in the championship is not really doing the business, it means there are 19 blokes doing the business better
He's actually... 21st of 30...with 10 rounds to race...plenty of mayhem for all before the final flag falls...you know how rough racing can be...
We will see how it works out this year............
Old 4 Jun 2009, 09:05 (Ref:2475205)   #22
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
recent history suggests he is in about the right place (16th in 2008)

on a seperat note , im looking forward to seeing a bit more of tim slade. its good to see hime get some results, yes maybe he has moved up a year early, but im not convinced steve owen would be a better choice, if steve was any good, why doesnt he have a drive, 34 years old this year, well past the point where he can really put a claim to a drive
Old 4 Jun 2009, 09:22 (Ref:2475219)   #23
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
Quote:
recent history suggests he is in about the right place (16th in 2008)

on a seperat note , im looking forward to seeing a bit more of tim slade. its good to see hime get some results, yes maybe he has moved up a year early, but im not convinced steve owen would be a better choice, if steve was any good, why doesnt he have a drive, 34 years old this year, well past the point where he can really put a claim to a drive
Didn't Steve Owen climb into TKR's Falcon last year and gain them their best result to date at that time ?
Young Slade ...Have to agree...Stepping up to the main game, he'll be fine...
Old 4 Jun 2009, 09:26 (Ref:2475222)   #24
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
while owen did, his competition had hardlys et the world on fire, both effectively rookies in the series
Old 4 Jun 2009, 09:52 (Ref:2475235)   #25
DJJ
Racer

DJJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I am sick of you peckadick

I am not the biggist fan of Murph.

But lets be realistic, he brings in dollars, been with a team that has never set the world on fire.

With out him or the pay drivers you would have stuff all cars on the grid, hey lets watch 15 cars trot around. Bathurst would look great.

PS: Slade has money to buy a drive Owen does not.