Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 21 Aug 2016, 09:02 (Ref:3666839)   #176
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone know what Team Manager/Engineer John Bright is doing these days?
Old 21 Aug 2016, 09:13 (Ref:3666840)   #177
Samoan Attorney
Veteran

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman View Post
Anyone know what Team Manager/Engineer John Bright is doing these days?
I saw John a year or so back, he was working with the ROFGO collection. In particular on the Howmet TX Turbine, he appears to be the only one allowed to drive it................HERE

I am pretty sure I also saw him at the Goodwood Revival last year.

Engineers of his quality and experience are always in demand.
Old 21 Aug 2016, 09:22 (Ref:3666841)   #178
Samoan Attorney
Veteran

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa View Post
Sam Li (Veloqx)?
Sam made the headlines for the wrong reasons a while back.

HERE

He was also linked to a potential Audi F1 project with Howden Haynes though that is a dead duck post-Dieselgate.
Old 21 Aug 2016, 17:01 (Ref:3666898)   #179
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
What happened to Jeff Bucknum? Don't remember hearing much about him after '06 or '07.
I worked for him early on.... not the greatest owner in the world TBH... he did some other sporadic events, and a handful of IndyCar rounds... coaching now I think.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 23 Aug 2016, 21:21 (Ref:3667283)   #180
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Bob Baldwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What is the current status of Dyson Racing ?

Any plans for coming back ?

What ever happened to the Bently Deal with them ?
Old 28 Aug 2016, 15:55 (Ref:3668129)   #181
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bit of a recent one, but anyone know what Ludovic Badey is doing this year?
I was surprised when he got bumped from the Thiriet-TDS ELMS squad.

The driver database doesn't have any racing at all listed for him this year.
Old 29 Aug 2016, 02:24 (Ref:3668302)   #182
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Baldwin View Post
What is the current status of Dyson Racing ?

Any plans for coming back ?

What ever happened to the Bently Deal with them ?
They haven't announced any plans as of yet, but Chris Dyson has been doing a bit of dirt track racing.
Old 13 Sep 2016, 22:56 (Ref:3672244)   #183
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Seikel Motorsports
Hugh Chamberlain
Rick Sutherland
Old 14 Sep 2016, 05:53 (Ref:3672267)   #184
Samoan Attorney
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
Seikel Motorsports
Hugh Chamberlain
Rick Sutherland
Peter Seikel retired from racing in 2007 and closed his team as can be seen HERE

He now runs an off road business converting and modifying VWs

Hugh Chamberlain is alive and well. At the very least I see him at Le Mans every year where he advises teams on the logistics etc of the great race. He will have been devastated at the closure of his favourite watering hole in the town,the Corail.

As to Rick, I presume he decided to hang up his helmet.
Old 14 Sep 2016, 06:44 (Ref:3672270)   #185
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoan Attorney View Post
Hugh Chamberlain is alive and well. At the very least I see him at Le Mans every year where he advises teams on the logistics etc of the great race. He will have been devastated at the closure of his favourite watering hole in the town,the Corail.
If I remember correctly from RLM this year, Hugh was involved with Murphy Prototypes at Le Mans in a proper management role.
Old 14 Sep 2016, 12:58 (Ref:3672324)   #186
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoan Attorney View Post
Peter Seikel retired from racing in 2007 and closed his team as can be seen HERE

He now runs an off road business converting and modifying VWs

As to Rick, I presume he decided to hang up his helmet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
If I remember correctly from RLM this year, Hugh was involved with Murphy Prototypes at Le Mans in a proper management role.
Thanks, guys!
Old 14 Sep 2016, 13:41 (Ref:3672332)   #187
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
A bit of Google digging (and LinkedIn) says he is a driving coach for the Porsche Junior program and maybe driving coach/instructing on the side as well?. I assume the info is correct on the Porsche site. Scroll down in the link below...

http://www.porsche.com/international...thdevelopment/

Richard
Sorry for the late answer - an internet acquaintance in Belgium pointed me at this a while back - driver coaching as Richard Casto says above:

http://www.sportfahrerschule.de/spor...truktoren.html
Old 16 Sep 2016, 16:09 (Ref:3672802)   #188
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Michael Ammermüller? I mean, I know he's racing Porsches now but he used to be an F1 tester. Curse of the Red Bull brutality?
Old 16 Sep 2016, 18:01 (Ref:3672829)   #189
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Michael Ammermüller? I mean, I know he's racing Porsches now but he used to be an F1 tester. Curse of the Red Bull brutality?
His results in the GP2 weren´t good enough. In 2 Years only 26 Points.
Old 16 Sep 2016, 19:58 (Ref:3672846)   #190
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Didn't he have injury problems in 2007? I remember when he was quite the coming thing. Still, he's earning a living in motor racing, and not many people can say that. Including several ex-Red Bull juniors...
Old 17 Sep 2016, 11:32 (Ref:3673008)   #191
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I seem to remember him being nicknamed 'the Hammer' in A1GP due to the amount of incidents he had with other drivers in the 07-08 season
Old 25 Sep 2016, 23:24 (Ref:3675157)   #192
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
My bad then. I was sure was but perhaps I mistook him for someone else. Hopefully he returns.
Was lurking through the forum and saw this. Since I abruptly left I've had a new job, country, and family and have also lost a lot of interest in Motorsport. F1 is a bore to me, Indycar is okay but meh overall, and Sports Car Racing right now is just too muddled up for me to invest any real amount of my time and cash in it. Still love watching the big events: Le Mans, Nurburgring 24h, Indy 500 ect, even events like the Bathurst 12 hour but just don't put the time I used to into it.

As much as I belittled the ALMS and blithering Scott Atherton/Don Panoz leadership during it's declining final years I realize just how much I miss it, particularly the glory years before I even started posting on this forum. Nothing has really filled that void, the tracks, cars and personalities, and being able to frequently attend races. FIA WEC on the latest soulless parking lot circuit really does nothing for me despite the racing being a high standard overall. I just hope VAG and Toyota stay in the P1 class for a while and don't run off to Formula 1 like the last time prototype racing was this healthy for top factory teams.

My son likes Football (soccer) and I attend matches regularly here in the UK at my local club so that's filled a bit of my weekend free time although I'm much busier now overall so less online activity. Don't expect to see much more of me although I do rarely lurk on this forum.
Old 26 Sep 2016, 08:19 (Ref:3675213)   #193
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Was lurking through the forum and saw this. Since I abruptly left I've had a new job, country, and family and have also lost a lot of interest in Motorsport. F1 is a bore to me, Indycar is okay but meh overall, and Sports Car Racing right now is just too muddled up for me to invest any real amount of my time and cash in it. Still love watching the big events: Le Mans, Nurburgring 24h, Indy 500 ect, even events like the Bathurst 12 hour but just don't put the time I used to into it.

As much as I belittled the ALMS and blithering Scott Atherton/Don Panoz leadership during it's declining final years I realize just how much I miss it, particularly the glory years before I even started posting on this forum. Nothing has really filled that void, the tracks, cars and personalities, and being able to frequently attend races. FIA WEC on the latest soulless parking lot circuit really does nothing for me despite the racing being a high standard overall. I just hope VAG and Toyota stay in the P1 class for a while and don't run off to Formula 1 like the last time prototype racing was this healthy for top factory teams.

My son likes Football (soccer) and I attend matches regularly here in the UK at my local club so that's filled a bit of my weekend free time although I'm much busier now overall so less online activity. Don't expect to see much more of me although I do rarely lurk on this forum.

Good to hear from you mate, glad to hear you're doing well
Old 30 Oct 2016, 17:36 (Ref:3684058)   #194
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ex-British GT drivers:

Simon Pullen
Tim Mullen
Nathan Kinch
Old 30 Oct 2016, 18:32 (Ref:3684072)   #195
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Don't think has was with Murphy after Silverstone. Suspect he saw the writing in the wall....
Old 30 Oct 2016, 18:33 (Ref:3684073)   #196
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa View Post
Ex-British GT drivers:

Simon Pullen
Tim Mullen
Nathan Kinch
Tim Mullen works for McLaren. Nathan Kinch probably lying on a beach somewhere!
Old 20 Dec 2016, 05:15 (Ref:3697284)   #197
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
RE Amemiya's GT300 chassis; does anyone have it accounted for?
Old 20 Dec 2016, 17:07 (Ref:3697379)   #198
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
It was transferred to Malaysian company Mutiara Motors.
It seems exhibited in Mutiara Motors museum.
Old 16 Feb 2017, 23:30 (Ref:3712695)   #199
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
What happened to:

Andrew Palmer. Injured at PWC practice at Lime Rock in the Bentley Continental last year.
Old 17 Feb 2017, 00:15 (Ref:3712712)   #200
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
What ever happened to....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
What happened to:

Andrew Palmer. Injured at PWC practice at Lime Rock in the Bentley Continental last year.

I have not seen much news regarding his condition for sometime now. They say no news is good news but who knows.

It's wrong to speculate on his condition but all I want is happiness for him and his family.