Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 2 Jul 2017, 07:57 (Ref:3748247)   #26
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Sad remake of an italian job then but this can happen anywhere. Your ladies are tough, burglars are warned now!

As to the 904, its rather strange to change its class or category after a race and during the season. But as already said, its up to any organisation.
Your team was probably pleased to take over a 911 inside the parabolica few yards before the checkered flag!

'Never give up' is the motto....

Funny that of all the trailers the miscreant was discovered in, he picked the one belonging to people you wouldn't want to mess with!
Old 2 Jul 2017, 15:43 (Ref:3748326)   #27
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Mike, some troubles with the B19 it seems? Having a look to the classifications, the rate of dnf is higher than on other circuits. The two long straights may be.
Old 2 Jul 2017, 18:11 (Ref:3748400)   #28
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Yes, fuel pressure issues, possibly due to the extreme temperature. Shame as we could have had a good result......

Just loaded up ready to leave circuit- still scorchio at 8pm!
Old 3 Jul 2017, 16:46 (Ref:3748646)   #29
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
No wifi to do a lengthy post, but will just say it was a pleasure to be parked next to Swedish tenther Lars-Goran Sjoberg and Mrs Sjoberg for the weekend. Very nice neighbours, and hope the long trip home is / was OK! .

(Apologies for not being able to use the Swedish 'O', can't find it on iPad.....)
Old 3 Jul 2017, 17:47 (Ref:3748654)   #30
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mike,

Alt+0248 = ø

Alt+0216 = Ø

assuming that you have Alt on an Ipad.
Old 3 Jul 2017, 18:01 (Ref:3748656)   #31
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post

assuming that you have Alt on an Ipad.
Err.... Thanks Mike but don't think so- not on this antiquated version at least. It's the 'o' with two dots above that I needed, anyway.
Old 3 Jul 2017, 18:23 (Ref:3748666)   #32
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Mike I think I've got the name of the team the Italian miscreant messed up with. Are you sure the English driver could race or did he have to "explain" some details to the Carabinieri before in a safe room …
Old 3 Jul 2017, 18:49 (Ref:3748672)   #33
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
It's the 'o' with two dots above that I needed, anyway.
Something like that may be: Ö or ö . Can help with the spelling but no idea on how to pronounce it (nor in English neither any other language).
Old 4 Jul 2017, 05:41 (Ref:3748803)   #34
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Well, if you know who apprehended the low-life, keep it to yourself please!

Old 4 Jul 2017, 06:11 (Ref:3748814)   #35
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I will because your mechanics speak fluently Italian: with hands!
Old 4 Jul 2017, 12:39 (Ref:3748887)   #36
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
There's a lot to tell about our race Gerard, and other 'goings on', but will have to wait a bit! Just off to the Musee Alfa Romeo.....

How did you enjoy, Museo Storica Alfa Romeo, Mike?

It's somewhere I've long been intending to visit, & was already thinking of the idea of combining it with a trip to Monza next year - two places I've never been & want to visit.

I've heard stories in the past about a wonderful book/model shop within the circuit somewhere that was supposed to be worth a visit. No idea if it still exists though.
Old 4 Jul 2017, 15:10 (Ref:3748905)   #37
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
How did you enjoy, Museo Storica Alfa Romeo, Mike?

It's somewhere I've long been intending to visit, & was already thinking of the idea of combining it with a trip to Monza next year - two places I've never been & want to visit.

I've heard stories in the past about a wonderful book/model shop within the circuit somewhere that was supposed to be worth a visit. No idea if it still exists though.
The Museo has some wonderful cars, and the layout is very simple. Not huge amount though. Each car has plenty of space until you get to the T33s and more modern racers, where they are lined up. There is a glass wall of models that I could have spent ages looking at, but it was getting late and I was 'hank marvin'

There is a model shop inside the circuit, next to the bar / cafe and clothing shops. I looked in but most of the stuff spotted was at 'the lower end' of the market. I didn't get a chance to investigate further.

Just walking through the trees and coming upon the old banking is worth a trip to Monza alone, regardless of anything else. Then trying to climb it....
Old 4 Jul 2017, 16:17 (Ref:3748915)   #38
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The Museo has some wonderful cars, and the layout is very simple. Not huge amount though. Each car has plenty of space until you get to the T33s and more modern racers, where they are lined up. There is a glass wall of models that I could have spent ages looking at, but it was getting late and I was 'hank marvin'

There is a model shop inside the circuit, next to the bar / cafe and clothing shops. I looked in but most of the stuff spotted was at 'the lower end' of the market. I didn't get a chance to investigate further.

Just walking through the trees and coming upon the old banking is worth a trip to Monza alone, regardless of anything else. Then trying to climb it....
Thanks for that, Mike. Maybe next year... as an Alfa owner for the past 36 years, it's something I really have to do. They do at least take their cars out & about. They had several at Techno Classica, & they had cars on Mille Miglia, Targa Florio etc.

I was told about the Monza shop by someone at Team Lotus who was also a serious book & model collector, but that was some years ago so it might well have changed by now!

Sounds like you might be a model collector too...?
Old 5 Jul 2017, 09:14 (Ref:3749045)   #39
L-G Sjöberg
Racer

L-G Sjöberg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mike, we too found it nice to be parked next to you. No late-night partying and no disturbing snoring, at least not what we could hear (two weeks ago at a race at Karlskoga, we were both woken up by the snores from a camper parked next to ours). Finally got home at 9.40 PM on Tuesday, but lots of nail-bitin for the last 900 kms from northern Germany, since a warning light indicating a defect diesel injection system was on, and we clearly had a significant reduction in engine Power.

As for the pronounciation of the letter "Ö", think of how you pronounce the English indefinite article "a" in its unaccented/unstressed form. That's about the same sound.
Old 5 Jul 2017, 09:16 (Ref:3749047)   #40
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
John Elwin - that must have been Mario Acquati's bookstore in one of the track shops. It was one of the best motoring bookstores in the world, but I understand it has had to close now.
Marcus
Old 5 Jul 2017, 09:18 (Ref:3749048)   #41
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://nuovabrianza.it/chiude-librer...vendita-libri/
Old 5 Jul 2017, 10:22 (Ref:3749074)   #42
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Mussa View Post
John Elwin - that must have been Mario Acquati's bookstore in one of the track shops. It was one of the best motoring bookstores in the world, but I understand it has had to close now.
Marcus
Thank you for that Marcus. It was certainly a long time ago that I was told about it - thinking about it, it must have been about 1979!

I'll still try & get to Monza though.
Old 6 Jul 2017, 08:32 (Ref:3749247)   #43
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Mussa View Post
My Italian is no good, but I think I get the drift!

Looks like my kind of shop too...
Old 6 Jul 2017, 09:28 (Ref:3749253)   #44
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
My Italian is no good, but I think I get the drift!

Looks like my kind of shop too...
You could try Google Translate ....

However, writing as someone with a mere few words of Italian that I might be able to call on in any way, the Google translation, though presented in clearly English words, was not a clear translation in my opinion.

I got the gist of a message ... in fact several gists of what might have been several messages ... but clear understanding seemed to have been avoided by the translation process.

If see mean you what I.
Old 6 Jul 2017, 09:37 (Ref:3749254)   #45
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
You could try Google Translate ....

However, writing as someone with a mere few words of Italian that I might be able to call on in any way, the Google translation, though presented in clearly English words, was not a clear translation in my opinion.

I got the gist of a message ... in fact several gists of what might have been several messages ... but clear understanding seemed to have been avoided by the translation process.

If see mean you what I.
I don't think any of the on-line translation things are very good. I have used them on occasion.
Old 6 Jul 2017, 16:06 (Ref:3749300)   #46
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
John, Grant, you can also try "reverso" translator, and avoid the kinda seem me what you if say the yes or no! But perhaps not… Hoo nows!