Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 16 Nov 2011, 16:44 (Ref:2987293)   #2676
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Yes just watched it, thats the race, if he has any footage of Cliffs car I am sure he would appreciate it if he could post it up.
Old 16 Nov 2011, 16:46 (Ref:2987295)   #2677
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Yes just watched it, thats the race, if he has any footage of Cliffs car I am sure he would appreciate it if he could post it up. As an aside from that I actually prefer my video angles without showing the driver as requested by Delta as you get to see the important bit, whats happening on the race track.
Old 16 Nov 2011, 17:23 (Ref:2987312)   #2678
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Austin Cambridge
I am not big into these things, but my Dad had one when I was a child. I think they ran a 1500 engine. The later model had slightly lower rear wings and I think a 1622 engine?
We had a long driveway and my old man used to reverse the whole way to the road. One day while reversing with the door open he caught his hand and the door on the hedge. It was all a bit nasty IIRC. Probably why he bought a new chain saw this year.
Old 16 Nov 2011, 17:36 (Ref:2987319)   #2679
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Yes just watched it, thats the race, if he has any footage of Cliffs car I am sure he would appreciate it if he could post it up. As an aside from that I actually prefer my video angles without showing the driver as requested by Delta as you get to see the important bit, whats happening on the race track.
Prefer my angles Its halfway between the 2. Can see the wheel movement, whats going on in front and in the mirror whats happening behind.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ8BAyeKg_A
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 16 Nov 2011, 19:58 (Ref:2987392)   #2680
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
If you watch the last video of Cliff's race part 2 you will see that the white Cobra car (Mustang GT350) has flat spotted the front nearside (their nearside) tyre and eventually it punctures when he locked up on it just once too often. This gave Olly the chance to slip by with respect he was gifted the win as the white GT350's are mega quick. The guy who runs the team commented on Cliff's time in the race and said for the spec of the car that was very respectable and probably the fastest the old girl had been pedalled. They have spent many many more thousands of dollars on just the engines alone and had power steering which incidently I chatted to them about and they both agreed it made a hell of a lot of diffence to the car and lap times and they would never go back to manual steering, as I have always said.
Old 16 Nov 2011, 20:54 (Ref:2987414)   #2681
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Ops just realised what you meant by angles you mean the camera I thought you were talking about racing lines duh! Yes I see what you mean is halfway and would have been even better with a wide screen camera unfortunately the mount in Cliffs car was too low really and couldnt be adjusted higher.

Hey guys look at this little gem I just found on youtube, an International Race Of Champions round from Daytona! The beige car that the great Richard Petty is driving is the very car I have in my garage and is currently undergoing a full restoration. This baby has to return to its spiritual home of Daytona! Unfortunately Richard gets taken out in part 2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLr93...eature=related

Last edited by Al Weyman; 16 Nov 2011 at 21:00.
Old 16 Nov 2011, 21:30 (Ref:2987428)   #2682
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hey Al, can I come with you next year then?
Old 16 Nov 2011, 21:37 (Ref:2987429)   #2683
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Ha ha of course.
Old 16 Nov 2011, 21:40 (Ref:2987430)   #2684
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Ha ha of course. You can see why I am so excited about getting this car done. Its a great bonus to actually find some footage of Richard Petty racing the car even though he does a Daniel, BTW wish him happy birthday from me and tell him he and the great Petty now have something in common also wasnt it the Richard Petty race school that got you hooked on all this nonscense?

Just saw your comment re the cooler Moose, Cliff was extremelly lucky not to damage the cooler which is also right up the front and the sheet metal was actually pressed against it. Lucky indeed.
Old 16 Nov 2011, 21:44 (Ref:2987431)   #2685
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwills View Post
Olly Bryant has also posted some video on youtube - I guess it is the same race:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZZsi5SSw_g

I think he said over 190mph on the banking!
Yeah that's the same race - my car was geared to 190mph @ 8,000rpm max, so I was pulling about 175
Old 16 Nov 2011, 21:59 (Ref:2987435)   #2686
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
The gearing choice was perfect Cliff. Wayn
Old 16 Nov 2011, 22:00 (Ref:2987434)   #2687
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
The gearing choice was perfect Cliff. Waynes was way out he was red-lining less than a third of the way round the banking and would easy have beat the Jag.
Old 16 Nov 2011, 22:18 (Ref:2987439)   #2688
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Al I can't get the YouTube link to work- it won't download the movie but it maybe just me??

I will pass on your birthday wishes to Daniel but for some strange reason he's gone out celebrating his birthday with his mates rather than his parents as I'm sure you did @ 22
Old 17 Nov 2011, 08:41 (Ref:2987597)   #2689
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I remember my 22nd birthday well. I was desperatley trying to finnish building the GT6 Modsports car.Three jobs, working day and night on the car"getting no where".Think my girfriend had just dumped me as we never went out any where. Never mind following year I enjoyed my 23rd bithday as we had finnished the car and were getting ready to race. 1976." I am still only 39
BTW happy Birthday Daniel
Another BTW Florida now booked 2012.Look's like you will have another mechanic Cliff.
Old 17 Nov 2011, 09:21 (Ref:2987610)   #2690
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Ok and Rob Compton wants to come and so does IROC Camaro No. 11 so lets do it!
Old 17 Nov 2011, 09:44 (Ref:2987622)   #2691
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Can I come and make the tea?
Old 17 Nov 2011, 09:53 (Ref:2987627)   #2692
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Iced tea Tim
Old 17 Nov 2011, 12:13 (Ref:2987677)   #2693
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Just managed a quick flick thorugh important bit of Autosport and seen who won the Victor Meldrew Trophy at Brands.........

Well done Gordon!
Old 17 Nov 2011, 13:08 (Ref:2987715)   #2694
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Just managed a quick flick thorugh important bit of Autosport and seen who won the Victor Meldrew Trophy at Brands.........

Well done Gordon!
+1
Old 17 Nov 2011, 13:29 (Ref:2987722)   #2695
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Congratulations Gordon. Definitely an appropriate winner!
Old 17 Nov 2011, 13:45 (Ref:2987730)   #2696
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
He must have scored maximum decrepidation points!
Old 17 Nov 2011, 14:47 (Ref:2987754)   #2697
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It ocurred to me today that I had not posted the pics from Delta's Silverstone Classic 2011 Marshals and hangers-on party at the Classic. They are here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4098191...7628024599207/
Old 17 Nov 2011, 14:53 (Ref:2987759)   #2698
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

Well done Gordon!
Hang on I thought Gordon won that every year. Well done mate.
Old 17 Nov 2011, 15:52 (Ref:2987786)   #2699
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
It ocurred to me today that I had not posted the pics from Delta's Silverstone Classic 2011 Marshals and hangers-on party at the Classic. They are here:

Some old guy's knicked my sweatshirt!
Old 17 Nov 2011, 16:18 (Ref:2987797)   #2700
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post

Great photo's Peter.Happy days
Closed Thread