Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 27 Oct 2008, 21:21 (Ref:2322119)   #76
Dasher
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
Dasher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfacors
Let's wait til the Spanish Series is over and if she wins, then the debate is concluded
Then the discussion will then turn to,"What has she got or did differently that all the others in the past didn't have or do?"
Old 27 Oct 2008, 23:47 (Ref:2322207)   #77
speedreader
Racer

Australia
speedreader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You seem to have some real issues with females not performing well enough for you dont you Dasher...

I agree there are physical & mental challenges involved in motorsport and that to a lot of females these challenges may seem greater but I still refer back to the basic law of averages too. When you have 1000's of male drivers versus a few female drivers it is easy to see why you have a better chance of finding the males are more successful overall. It's like buying raffle tickets, if you buy 1 ticket in a draw of 100 you have 1 chance in 100 of winning but if you buy 99 tickets, you increase your chances of having the winning ticket...

It would be interesting to find a cashed up 'Ron Dennis' to go & select 3 male & 3 female genuine karting stars (& not just the pretty ones...) and give them all an equal chance to progress through the ranks & see what happens - might surprise a few people
Old 28 Oct 2008, 07:07 (Ref:2322317)   #78
Dasher
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedreader
You seem to have some real issues with females not performing well enough for you dont you Dasher...

I agree there are physical & mental challenges involved in motorsport and that to a lot of females these challenges may seem greater but I still refer back to the basic law of averages too. When you have 1000's of male drivers versus a few female drivers it is easy to see why you have a better chance of finding the males are more successful overall. It's like buying raffle tickets, if you buy 1 ticket in a draw of 100 you have 1 chance in 100 of winning but if you buy 99 tickets, you increase your chances of having the winning ticket...

It would be interesting to find a cashed up 'Ron Dennis' to go & select 3 male & 3 female genuine karting stars (& not just the pretty ones...) and give them all an equal chance to progress through the ranks & see what happens - might surprise a few people
I have an issue with under performing drivers of any gender in top shelf motor sport,given that they have fairly equal equipment.

In particular, it has always puzzled me why a female has never been able to perform or produce consistently enough at the top of the pole to win a championship.

Regarding the Ron Dennis line, Yes it would be a very interesting project.
Old 28 Oct 2008, 08:47 (Ref:2322352)   #79
Nero
Racer

Nero should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've been lead to believe that some women perform very well with a pole...

...*boom tish*
Old 29 Oct 2008, 12:20 (Ref:2323431)   #80
Nero
Racer

Nero should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and I did mean dancing...
Old 29 Oct 2008, 17:18 (Ref:2323652)   #81
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero
and I did mean dancing...
Thought you meant pole vaulting-australian women seem to be good at that
Old 29 Oct 2008, 18:37 (Ref:2323707)   #82
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
Maybe I am not.

Tell us more,don't keep it to yourself,what else is there?

Millions, millions..

Any other daft questions?
Old 29 Oct 2008, 22:08 (Ref:2323870)   #83
Dasher
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslak Vind
Millions, millions..

Any other daft questions?
Is that the best you can come up with,millions & millions of what?

Everybody knows that money is involved in all forms of motorsport in varying amounts depending on the level you are racing at, so that is taken out of the equation.
Even if you have squillions it dosent mean that you will win.

Give us your insight into what may help a female win a championship in the future which is what the original intention of this thread was.
Old 31 Oct 2008, 06:22 (Ref:2324584)   #84
stoned pony
Veteran

Vanuatu
Chained to my desk
stoned pony should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's genetic. men can't have babies, women can't race cars. end of argument.
Old 31 Oct 2008, 22:37 (Ref:2325130)   #85
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoned pony
Nice. That's likley to go down well
Old 2 Nov 2008, 06:10 (Ref:2325688)   #86
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tander

Just watched Symmons Plain Tasmania, Congratulations to Leanne Tander for winning the F3 race and coming second(?) in the Championship.
Old 2 Nov 2008, 08:36 (Ref:2325707)   #87
TCR-028
Racer

TCR-028 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoned pony
So you want to be the pin up boy for the "Women who hate men" club huh ?

Leanne Tander is a hell of a steerer. I've watched her (and raced against her) in Improved Production and she certainly doesn't lack skill or "balls". And i mean that in the nicest possible way, when the helmet goes on she doesn't take crap from the guys...

There are probably a handful of guys in I.P who i'd rate higher than Leanne, but so what ? It's a fact of life that given the numbers of guys out there turning laps the odds are well and truly in favour of the people born with meat and potatoes...

And another thing to consider - she has proved herself in a few different classes and always been at the pointy end. Many shine in one class but can't repeat that when they tackle a different category...

I hope Leanne gets a run in the development series and does well. Be great for the sport to see her win...
Old 2 Nov 2008, 10:31 (Ref:2325758)   #88
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Delving into ancient history but does anyone else remenber the drive by a lady named Mary Seed in the TT at Bathurst (1956 I think). Ran a 2ltr AC Bristol andabsoloutley monstered the C&D Jags, DB3s's etc across the top of the mountain. And they were being driven by a pretty impressive bunch of steerers like Gardner, Whiteford, Pitt, McKay, Phillips etc.
Old 4 Nov 2008, 12:05 (Ref:2327820)   #89
Dasher
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfacors
Let's wait til the Spanish Series is over and if she wins, then the debate is concluded
Didn't win,ran third, had her chances but not very good in the wet it seems but a lot of males are just the same.

NEXT
Old 4 Nov 2008, 16:28 (Ref:2328016)   #90
Mak
Veteran

Mak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that women generally may have a more sensible attitude (and competetive)to life and what is important.. I think that young men tend to focus on one goal which can take over their life, and that becomes the most important thing in life ( more than life). With men it takes decades for them to realise that there is more important things in life than being the fastest around a circuit. You therefore get more men competing seriously and hence the dominence. Physically there is no disadvantage to being female
Old 4 Nov 2008, 21:22 (Ref:2328224)   #91
Dasher
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak
I think that women generally may have a more sensible attitude (and competetive)to life and what is important.. I think that young men tend to focus on one goal which can take over their life, and that becomes the most important thing in life ( more than life). With men it takes decades for them to realise that there is more important things in life than being the fastest around a circuit. You therefore get more men competing seriously and hence the dominence. Physically there is no disadvantage to being female
Rubbish, sorry Mak you have no idea what you are talking about.
Old 4 Nov 2008, 22:37 (Ref:2328292)   #92
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
Rubbish, sorry Mak you have no idea what you are talking about.
Can't beat a carefully thought out, well reasoned argument.

Could I just draw your attention to 'Attack the post, not the poster"?
Old 5 Nov 2008, 07:12 (Ref:2328430)   #93
bazil
Veteran

bazil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

This is easily fixed...

Simply name the last Nascar, BTCC, Japanese GT, V8SC, Indy, F1, WRC, GP Bike, etc etc Champion that was of the Miss or Mrs side of the fence???

Not to say it wont ever happen but to now it never has.
Old 5 Nov 2008, 23:46 (Ref:2329127)   #94
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My opinion is that woman make better endurance drivers than sprint racers.

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 6 Nov 2008, 06:14 (Ref:2329221)   #95
Dasher
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan
That may be so, but why has none of them ever won a championship?
Old 6 Nov 2008, 06:32 (Ref:2329224)   #96
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan
And you base this theory on ??
Old 6 Nov 2008, 16:56 (Ref:2329544)   #97
Mak
Veteran

Sorry dasher, my 30 years engineering and running cars in international, british, european and Australian competitive championships successfully is obviously below your credential level. I may not have put my opinion very clearly (as I was rushed) but it is not rubbish. I have run both boys and girls..( a couple going on to greater things including F1) winning several championships. Until last week there had never been a colored world champion... in fact I remember discussing that fact in the late 80's,
Old 6 Nov 2008, 17:00 (Ref:2329545)   #98
Mak
Veteran

Also had Ron Dennis not backed Lewis from an early age there probably still would not be... I wonder if Ron had backed a Girl??????
Old 6 Nov 2008, 21:43 (Ref:2329715)   #99
Dasher
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak
Sorry dasher, my 30 years engineering and running cars in international, british, european and Australian competitive championships successfully is obviously below your credential level. I may not have put my opinion very clearly (as I was rushed) but it is not rubbish. I have run both boys and girls..( a couple going on to greater things including F1) winning several championships. Until last week there had never been a colored world champion... in fact I remember discussing that fact in the late 80's,
Mak,with all due respect,I also have been involved for over 30 years and if you admit that you didnt put your opinion very clearly then you cannot blame me for calling it rubbish.

Your comment that there is no physical disadvantage between females & males astounds me as in a lot of cases the female have a more slim, lightweight frame than most males which is an advantage but they dont seem to have the special something that drives them to the top which most males seem to have.

Your comment about a colored F1 champion and Ron Dennis taking on a female was covered by myself and others earlier in the thread, it would be an interesting exercise.

You said that you have run both boys and girls..( a couple going on to greater things including F1) winning several championships.

Have any of the girls that you have run gone on to win any championships of note,which is the point of this thread?
Old 6 Nov 2008, 21:48 (Ref:2329718)   #100
Dasher
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazil
This is easily fixed...

Simply name the last Nascar, BTCC, Japanese GT, V8SC, Indy, F1, WRC, GP Bike, etc etc Champion that was of the Miss or Mrs side of the fence???

Not to say it wont ever happen but to now it never has.
The question is WHY?