Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 8 Jun 2017, 06:22 (Ref:3739400)   #1901
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Mike, I dont know about Prenois people, but élections are in many people mind if not mouth. As to the erection of your leg on the roof, just bear in mind that this particular place is known for its bad reception. France ya know … Enjoy your weekend.
Maybe Mike could take part in the elections here instead?
Old 8 Jun 2017, 06:27 (Ref:3739401)   #1902
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Meanwhile in sunny Spain everything is as usual, just going out to put my head in the sand and enjoy life !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 8 Jun 2017, 06:59 (Ref:3739406)   #1903
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I found this rather interesting video of our Mr. Harte on U-tube. Well it's either him of Viva but it probably applies to both.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOgd9hitEAE

Writs should be sent direct to my solicitors; Hunt, Lunt, & Cunningham.
Nope, can't be me, I've never looked good like that, it's not something that's only recently happened.
However, I will be referring this matter to my solicitors, so don't be surprised if you hear from Harass, Hassle, Leggit & Sue (although Sue does a different style of soliciting...)
Old 8 Jun 2017, 07:47 (Ref:3739419)   #1904
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Mike, I dont know about Prenois people, but élections are in many people mind if not mouth. As to the erection of your leg on the roof, just bear in mind that this particular place is known for its bad reception. France ya know … Enjoy your weekend.
Here in England Gerard the phrase would be leg over
Old 8 Jun 2017, 08:56 (Ref:3739429)   #1905
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Here in England Gerard the phrase would be leg over
I do believe you have just created a new posting category! We've often seen barbed baub's comments, not we're seeing another side to you with bawdy baub's comments!
Old 8 Jun 2017, 09:05 (Ref:3739430)   #1906
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I do believe you have just created a new posting category! We've often seen barbed baub's comments, not we're seeing another side to you with bawdy baub's comments!
He might just be talking about his push 'bike...
Old 8 Jun 2017, 09:23 (Ref:3739435)   #1907
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
He might just be talking about his push 'bike...
Come on! It was Gerard who started all of this salacious gossip, with his talk of erections on the roof. Typical Frenchie I suppose.
Old 8 Jun 2017, 16:52 (Ref:3739498)   #1908
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Dont you have any roof in your wonderful country, Bob?
Old 9 Jun 2017, 04:46 (Ref:3739593)   #1909
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Ah! There you all are, I was beginning to get worried about you, what with the prevalence of so many Gerry bees venting their spite on you, I wondered if the NHS would stand up to the strain.

I

No problems Joh as long as he changes his name so Patel or Singh.

You sent off your vote, John?

What is the country coming to when we allow foreigners to take part in our elections. Why I bet the blighter voted to Remain.
In answer to your last line Bob, I think I've just become a Remainer! What a disaster....
Old 9 Jun 2017, 05:23 (Ref:3739602)   #1910
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
So a 'well hung' parliament then? Or does that mean something else...
Old 9 Jun 2017, 05:37 (Ref:3739605)   #1911
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
So a 'well hung' parliament then? Or does that mean something else...
Well, of course Bob will misconstrue that comment!

Hope the sun is shining in Dijon - it's raining at this end of France.
Old 9 Jun 2017, 06:29 (Ref:3739609)   #1912
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Well, of course Bob will misconstrue that comment!

Hope the sun is shining in Dijon - it's raining at this end of France.
Here, John the sun is shining but it is raining bad news.
Old 9 Jun 2017, 06:33 (Ref:3739611)   #1913
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Sitting on the balcony thinking that I'm glad I am the age I am (but not always) !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 9 Jun 2017, 06:34 (Ref:3739612)   #1914
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Here, John the sun is shining but it is raining bad news.
Stopped raining here & the sun is shining now.

I've got a spare room, my rates are reasonable, if you want to escape Bob!
Old 9 Jun 2017, 06:36 (Ref:3739613)   #1915
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Sitting on the balcony thinking that I'm glad I am the age I am (but not always) !
I can't help but agree with you, Gordon - sometimes I wish was even older.

Thankfully I haven't got any children so at least my conscience is clear.
Old 9 Jun 2017, 07:00 (Ref:3739616)   #1916
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
How can you not always be the age you are Gordon?
Old 9 Jun 2017, 07:16 (Ref:3739617)   #1917
Unit 2 Racing
Racer

United Kingdom
Ormesby St. Margaret, Norfolk UK
Unit 2 Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice and sunny in Norfolk Mike,

There are people who drive racing cars and there are Racing Drivers. Gilles Villenuve
Old 9 Jun 2017, 07:29 (Ref:3739619)   #1918
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Thankfully I haven't got any children so at least my conscience is clear.
Same here (none that have come out of the woodwork yet) !!
Old 9 Jun 2017, 09:14 (Ref:3739636)   #1919
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit 2 Racing View Post
Nice and sunny in Norfolk Mike,
Thanks for telling me that! There's been light rain here but dry again now. Beeb were spot on again......

Glad I fuelled the truck up with diesel on way down to Dijon, pound dropped in value again with this morning's news.
Old 9 Jun 2017, 09:21 (Ref:3739641)   #1920
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Thanks for telling me that! There's been light rain here but dry again now. Beeb were spot on again......

Glad I fuelled the truck up with diesel on way down to Dijon, pound dropped in value again with this morning's news.
Will you be bothering to go back, or will you stay here? You'd be very welcome!
Old 9 Jun 2017, 23:44 (Ref:3739824)   #1921
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
On the bright side, the lack of a majority will probably mean that Theresa doesn't go ahead with the means testing of the winter fuel payments etc, so we can continue to fund our Spanish boltholes as a perfectly valid way of staying warm
Old 10 Jun 2017, 05:48 (Ref:3739863)   #1922
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
On the bright side, the lack of a majority will probably mean that Theresa doesn't go ahead with the means testing of the winter fuel payments etc, so we can continue to fund our Spanish boltholes as a perfectly valid way of staying warm

Lucky you! France is deemed to be too hot to qualify for the winter fuel allowance. The UK government craftily reach their decision by lumping in all the various dependencies in hotter climes to come up with an average temperature. That's a-kin to arriving at an average for the UK by including all the Commonwealth countries!

Aside from that, after the odd result yesterday, the government should speed-up moves to allow expats to vote in UK elections for life. At present that right ends after 15 years. I would imagine a lot more sensible people will be considering moving abroad following the election result, so that should concentrate minds!
Old 10 Jun 2017, 08:13 (Ref:3739892)   #1923
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I very gently point out to those few who feel moved to mention it, that this is supposed to be a lighthearted thread within a Motor sport forum and like your local pub there are at least a couple of subjects - politics & religion - that it is probably wiser to avoid. If you feel a need to discuss such matters, may I suggest parc ferme would be a better place.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 10 Jun 2017, 08:57 (Ref:3739902)   #1924
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
I very gently point out to those few who feel moved to mention it, that this is supposed to be a lighthearted thread within a Motor sport forum and like your local pub there are at least a couple of subjects - politics & religion - that it is probably wiser to avoid. If you feel a need to discuss such matters, may I suggest parc ferme would be a better place.
Hear hear!
Old 10 Jun 2017, 13:01 (Ref:3739949)   #1925
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post

Agreed John, ..... although recent political activity world wide does have a somewhat surreal feel to it, such that it comes across as hardly credible and must, therefore, be treated as phantasy comedy rather than a serious subject.

I read an article this morning where the writer indicated that back "in period" he, like many, had thoroughly enjoyed the short run of Monty Python programs but now, seeing them again, they do not seem at all funny.

That rings very true. I would not have predicted that politics would ever in my life time become a more comical show than the new styles of humour that appeared in my formative years but it seems it has.

I wonder if it near time to relish it as such? It's difficult to take it seriously any longer.

Still best elsewhere of course.
Closed Thread