Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Apr 2019, 15:08 (Ref:3897682)   #801
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Parr decided it wasn’t for him, don’t know what Symonds is doing now. Is Newey still at RBR? But Williams are in a lot of mess with so many staff leaving
Old 15 Apr 2019, 15:47 (Ref:3897699)   #802
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Pat Symonds is now I think part of the FOM technical team under Ross Brawn, looking at regulations and options for the future.
Old 15 Apr 2019, 16:59 (Ref:3897713)   #803
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well it was hard to keep track of him when he left Renault, at least he has a good job now
Old 16 Apr 2019, 02:17 (Ref:3897840)   #804
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Adam Parr, Pat Symonds , Adrian Newey ? Ah no all been and gone......
Sure but Mr Dennis could buy the shares out in the world and go make a play to squeeze out the founding family. Or not. The possibility exists
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 16 Apr 2019, 11:45 (Ref:3897961)   #805
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Sure but Mr Dennis could buy the shares out in the world and go make a play to squeeze out the founding family. Or not. The possibility exists
Would he want to?
Old 16 Apr 2019, 13:24 (Ref:3897989)   #806
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
don’t know what Symonds is doing now. leaving
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Pat Symonds is now I think part of the FOM technical team under Ross Brawn, looking at regulations and options for the future.
Correct, one of the things he has been working on for a few years now is the possible change of the grid formation:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...anges/4323615/

** I know the topic of the article might be better suited to future rule changes, but it shows Symonds' current role **
Old 16 Apr 2019, 15:02 (Ref:3898008)   #807
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
for sure the possibility exists, but if RD came in and forced out the family i think i would hate him for it.

no doubt there could be worse people to show up to buy the team though. a self promoting billionaire or a faceless corporation/hedge fund are things i would hate more....and sadly one of which im sure we will get one day.

and when that day comes i think we will all miss the family regardless of how unsuccessful their end was.
Old 16 Apr 2019, 16:58 (Ref:3898035)   #808
S griffin
Veteran

Well I doubt it would happen, RD’s time is up and I can’t see the family allowing it either

Certainly the team could be bought out, but the family would still have some influence over it. They will always be there, it’s their team
Old 16 Apr 2019, 18:51 (Ref:3898075)   #809
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Certainly the team could be bought out, but the family would still have some influence over it. They will always be there, it’s their team
About as much influence as Eddie Jordan had at Force India?
Old 16 Apr 2019, 19:35 (Ref:3898082)   #810
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
They paid his drinkies bill for a year..or 2 or 3...
Old 16 Apr 2019, 21:44 (Ref:3898111)   #811
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
His Ronness may need to reappear in the paddock
Williams’ kids have proven totally inadequate for the job but Ron is in his 70s, as is SFW, and only about a year younger than P Head.
Old 16 Apr 2019, 22:48 (Ref:3898124)   #812
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Why would Ron Dennis, want to buy into Williams? Recouping all the costs, would be financial suicide.
Old 16 Apr 2019, 23:20 (Ref:3898128)   #813
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Why would Ron Dennis, want to buy into Williams? Recouping all the costs, would be financial suicide.
If we recall rightly, Mr Dennis put/was putting a consortium together at one stage to buy out the other partners at McLaren... it didnt come off... but you might imagine the connections to funding may still be around.

I am not saying it could be Mr Dennis, but the same idea of converting an ailing Force India into a Racing point could occur to someone else besides Mr Stroll & friends.

Any talk of 'losing the family connection' becomes moot surely at the lack of vision, the lack of action around bringing the team back to the front... Pouting and generally looking grumpy isnt a patch on hiring well, sourcing the right technical partners and putting genuinely fast pilots in the toys...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 17 Apr 2019, 09:55 (Ref:3898182)   #814
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Interesting interview with Adrian Newey here:

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/o...club-talk-show

At 25 minutes Newey provides interesting insights into management decisions at Williams, and why he left.

Later Ron Dennis tries to cut his salary...
Old 17 Apr 2019, 13:33 (Ref:3898218)   #815
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If we recall rightly, Mr Dennis put/was putting a consortium together at one stage to buy out the other partners at McLaren... it didnt come off... but you might imagine the connections to funding may still be around.

I am not saying it could be Mr Dennis, but the same idea of converting an ailing Force India into a Racing point could occur to someone else besides Mr Stroll & friends.

Any talk of 'losing the family connection' becomes moot surely at the lack of vision, the lack of action around bringing the team back to the front... Pouting and generally looking grumpy isnt a patch on hiring well, sourcing the right technical partners and putting genuinely fast pilots in the toys...
If it was so easy why didn’t Stroll buy Williams?....
Old 17 Apr 2019, 13:49 (Ref:3898220)   #816
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
If it was so easy why didn’t Stroll buy Williams?....
Because it's a family business?
Old 17 Apr 2019, 14:10 (Ref:3898224)   #817
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i would imagine that the Stroll's bought Force India because of price.

the Williams brand name alone no doubt commands a much higher price tag then whatever FI sold for while insolvent.
Old 17 Apr 2019, 14:24 (Ref:3898226)   #818
S griffin
Veteran

It was more to make sure his son stays in F1 a little longer. Not sure the Williams family really wanted to sell to him
Old 17 Apr 2019, 14:37 (Ref:3898237)   #819
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
It was more to make sure his son stays in F1 a little longer. Not sure the Williams family really wanted to sell to him
he could have paid less money for a pay drive for his son so, imo, saying that he bought the team expressly for that reason seems like an easy joke to make but far from the truth i suspect.

the Force India purchase was a sound business one imo and with a little bit of investment the value of that team will rise far above the price they paid for it. and one i imagine will quickly be self funding/profitable with the proposed increase in FOM prize money.
Old 17 Apr 2019, 15:35 (Ref:3898248)   #820
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
It was more to make sure his son stays in F1 a little longer.
Lance Stroll was already in F1, partly due to his father funding a drive to the tune of $80million.
He didn't need to do anything like buy a team just to keep his son in the sport.

Racing Point is not Lawrence Stroll, it is a consortium that Stroll is part of. The consortium purchased FI for business reasons, not to fulfil one consortium member's personal desires. The signing of both their drivers may have a connection to the drivers' funding source - but we should be careful to separate personal financial backing from the Stroll Family, and business investments from the Racing Point consortium.
Old 17 Apr 2019, 16:27 (Ref:3898255)   #821
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Lance Stroll was already in F1, partly due to his father funding a drive to the tune of $80million.
He didn't need to do anything like buy a team just to keep his son in the sport.

Racing Point is not Lawrence Stroll, it is a consortium that Stroll is part of. The consortium purchased FI for business reasons, not to fulfil one consortium member's personal desires. The signing of both their drivers may have a connection to the drivers' funding source - but we should be careful to separate personal financial backing from the Stroll Family, and business investments from the Racing Point consortium.
What percentage do the others own? Very, very small.

I think Dad Stroll thought if he’s putting so much in, why not actually own it. Maybe get some payback later, own assets and have real control.
Old 17 Apr 2019, 18:14 (Ref:3898268)   #822
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
What percentage do the others own? Very, very small.
Jonathan Dudman is the majority shareholder.

The Stroll connection is through a trust, that he and Silas Kei Fong Chou both have influence over.
Old 17 Apr 2019, 21:19 (Ref:3898295)   #823
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Jonathan Dudman is the majority shareholder.

The Stroll connection is through a trust, that he and Silas Kei Fong Chou both have influence over.
Lol, who do you think Dudman is working for!

It’s Mr Stroll’s team.
Old 17 Apr 2019, 21:46 (Ref:3898299)   #824
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Lol, who do you think Dudman is working for!

It’s Mr Stroll’s team.
You asked what percentage is owned by others.

Legally, Dudman has a greater claim to ownership than Stroll, being the majority shareholder.
Dudman's company might be contracted to support some of Stroll's affairs, but that doesn't mean Dudman work for Stroll.

Lol'ing at a statement of fact doesn't change it from being so. Stroll is not the owner of the team that his son drives for.
Old 17 Apr 2019, 22:25 (Ref:3898302)   #825
peebee2
Veteran

Lol again. There are many ways shares can be held. It’s Stroll’s team. It’s not a secret.