Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 4 Jun 2013, 18:36 (Ref:3257718)   #701
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish Primer View Post
Porsche 917K at Monza:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkP5Svl16Qg

What a sound at downshifting!
That is such a great sound - I love it!!!!

I just wish I'd been around to see half a dozen of these things barrelling down the Mulsanne.....

What we need is a Legends race at Le Mans with a few of those!
Old 4 Jun 2013, 20:10 (Ref:3257769)   #702
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It would be great for something to fill the gap between the 1945-1965 and the Group C cars in the rotation.
Old 4 Jun 2013, 20:12 (Ref:3257771)   #703
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
...and could there be anything better?
Old 4 Jun 2013, 20:12 (Ref:3257773)   #704
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was rewording my post as you posted it seems...
Old 4 Jun 2013, 20:21 (Ref:3257778)   #705
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England

I was meaning there could be nothing better than a batch of cars from this era, IMO (aside from the late 90s GT1s, perhaps.....).
Old 4 Jun 2013, 20:29 (Ref:3257779)   #706
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
It's settled then, we'd better write to the ACO.
Old 4 Jun 2013, 21:00 (Ref:3257790)   #707
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bring one to the Box 56, to meet the green requirement the team catering will be veggie and organic.
Old 4 Jun 2013, 21:50 (Ref:3257800)   #708
porman
Veteran

porman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post

I was meaning there could be nothing better than a batch of cars from this era, IMO (aside from the late 90s GT1s, perhaps.....).

Oh so right!

Music to my ears. I happened upon another gem. If you're a fan of 70's racing I suggest the following... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9XCEM4S2yY

Happy viewing!
Old 5 Jun 2013, 02:00 (Ref:3257848)   #709
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porman View Post
Music to my ears. I happened upon another gem. If you're a fan of 70's racing I suggest the following... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9XCEM4S2yY

Happy viewing!
The video keeps freezing up on me for some reason, but it looks AWESOME!
I love period racing documentaries/ads.
Old 5 Jun 2013, 07:37 (Ref:3257903)   #710
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
LOTS of 80/90s IMSA, full races and season highlights/reviews:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Mistertb...rch?query=imsa
Old 5 Jun 2013, 23:10 (Ref:3258297)   #711
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish Primer View Post
Porsche 917K at Monza:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkP5Svl16Qg

What a sound at downshifting!
Fantastic find! It's not often that one sees a 917 go at it full cry.
Epic. Who ever at the ACO came up with this rediculous idea to ban twelve cylinder engines at Le Mans?
Old 6 Jun 2013, 09:24 (Ref:3258432)   #712
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
A patriotic frenchman that is. Matra for the win!
(I might be talking about the slashing of 5,5 litre prototypes in the early 70's instead of the absence of V12's nowadays)

Last edited by vincegail; 6 Jun 2013 at 09:29.
Old 10 Jun 2013, 19:27 (Ref:3260539)   #713
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Jonathan Hirschi/StatusGP test day lap:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0JE_Kn6qug

+ from Imola:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlaZjCgReS4

This is the sort of onboard camera view I would like to see in live broadcast :|

Last edited by deggis; 10 Jun 2013 at 19:32.
Old 11 Jun 2013, 18:03 (Ref:3261035)   #714
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Bentley at Anglesey http://youtu.be/BMbMrHihms0
Old 11 Jun 2013, 18:41 (Ref:3261060)   #715
GT3.14
Veteran

GT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maxime Martin's Facebook page:
Quote:
So, we have a very nice onboard video from 24h Nürburgring (dry, wet, night...), should be ready for this week-end... But we need to reach at least 2500 fans to publish it on this page ! You know what to do... Share and Like ! Come on guys !
Can't wait to see some of THAT stint.
Old 11 Jun 2013, 19:33 (Ref:3261082)   #716
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by porman View Post
Oh so right!

Happy viewing!

I still have that on VHS!
Old 12 Jun 2013, 00:41 (Ref:3261222)   #717
porman
Veteran

porman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have a stash of VHS tapes as well. The mark of a real fan?

In all seriousness, the experiences from your many visits to La Sarthe must be something.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 00:43 (Ref:3261224)   #718
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here is about 1 minute of footage of the 1967 1000 km at Monza. This is back when they used the banked track. Some neat footage of the Chaparral 2F at Monza racing with a pair of 330P Ferraris.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAQBDMKUDgM

DK
Old 13 Jun 2013, 02:11 (Ref:3261883)   #719
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Jan Charouz/Praga-Lotus @ Le Mans & Adria:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv4hCaYGKdw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMVisojiffs
Old 13 Jun 2013, 02:32 (Ref:3261890)   #720
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
I quite enjoyed those. Good view of the cockpit layout and you could see how hard the driver was working in the wet at le mans
Old 16 Jun 2013, 02:57 (Ref:3263258)   #721
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Strakka/Danny Watts onboard from test day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGK9VPHDnbg
Old 26 Jun 2013, 03:53 (Ref:3269817)   #722
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Ferrari 333 SP / Daytona 1999x:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwDGjrKBdFY

Might add this too, Wayne Taylor / Le Mans 1998:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjAcnN_kplI
Old 28 Jun 2013, 18:11 (Ref:3271319)   #723
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Free video from Duke:

http://www.dukevideo.com/lemansed

You have to "buy" it, but price is 0.00 with the promotion, after creating an account you can download it. 1.4 GB, 960x720, H264, 3000 kbps, 60 mins.

Last edited by deggis; 28 Jun 2013 at 18:26.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 21:56 (Ref:3271400)   #724
GT3.14
Veteran

GT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
"Bought" it the other day after someone posted it on 'the collective' FB page. Hopefully I'll have the opportunity to get around to actually watching it.
Old 29 Jun 2013, 09:37 (Ref:3271538)   #725
deggis
Veteran

Finland
One of the most... silent sporscar videos I've come across i.e. Drayson's land speed record:

Old school wheel covers.