Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 Jul 2022, 15:42 (Ref:4117952)   #51
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
More from Delta: "Ok . P2 class and P 2 on index . Don't know about team award" Results out and "we are now 4 th ?" More to follow.
Old 3 Jul 2022, 15:58 (Ref:4117957)   #52
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
More from Delta: "Ok . P2 class and P 2 on index . Don't know about team award" Results out and "we are now 4 th ?" More to follow.
What an excellent weekend they have had.
Old 3 Jul 2022, 16:31 (Ref:4117969)   #53
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They got 2nd. Couple of pics to post later.
Old 3 Jul 2022, 17:42 (Ref:4117990)   #54
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Combined classification of plateau 3 (addition of the three races) gives Stephens family 18th, first lotus Elite (Fillon/Raulin) 20th and Ingram/Rowley 25 th. 77 cars listed, 68 classified. Index of performance, first overall Fillon/Raulin, Ingram/Rowley second, Stephens family fourth. Conclusion? Even the brakes issue cant stop a good 356!
Old 3 Jul 2022, 18:02 (Ref:4117998)   #56
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
And now an update. "Can't believe it. We won"
Old 3 Jul 2022, 21:19 (Ref:4118067)   #57
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
the aforementioned pictures:

Well done team.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_02921.jpg   IMG_02931.jpg  
Old 4 Jul 2022, 06:46 (Ref:4118118)   #58
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
A weekend of nearly.
Two of Talbots were effected by electrical difficulties in night race where the overuse of fan whilst cars were being messed about with igoing to grid caused lack of power.
The third car won first two races but the 80 year old oil pressure gauge read zero on way to forming up grid and GB so had to switch off. Turned out to be gauge! Bugger
Elva had a puncture but ninth in round 3 showed what could have been and GT 40 went extremely well in R3 but door came open in first round that screwed that .
Character forming
Old 4 Jul 2022, 06:51 (Ref:4118119)   #59
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
So one of teams won team prize?
Old 4 Jul 2022, 07:44 (Ref:4118123)   #60
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I was translating Iain's text messages so may have misunderstood.

Also I thought all GT40 doors popped open.
Old 4 Jul 2022, 08:22 (Ref:4118128)   #61
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I was translating Iain's text messages so may have misunderstood.

Also I thought all GT40 doors popped open.
They do!
So Gelscoe’s are as original!
Old 4 Jul 2022, 08:46 (Ref:4118136)   #62
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Old 5 Jul 2022, 06:53 (Ref:4118277)   #63
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Dr Bobs 2022 tour.

Phew, totally exhausted.After a brilliant 3 hour at Spa " I raced with Brian Lambert in his MGB "we moved on to Le Mans.I have found a little house to rent not far from the Mulsanne "cheep as chips". Stewart "Delta son " and I went there straight from Spa and spent a couple of days out on the bikes.
We rolled into Le Mans Wednesday morning and after a fair bit of Gestapo marshaling we got set up in the camp site. I then got the car scrutineer-ed which took for ever but we passed. For some reason the three scruts took it in turn to look at the pedals. Guess they were looking for on board adjuster.
So Thursday we took Robert out around the track "we brought a spare bike for him ". Then we went up to Arnarge for pizza and beer and then sleep which was my last for the whole weekend.
I let Robert do most of qualy and I got a couple of laps in at the end. we did the same for night qualy although this was shortened so I did not get a full lap in . No matter.
Think we were P 53 and P3 Elite.. 1st race went well but I did get very cross with Robert as he got us a 2 minuet time penalty for not slowing in slow zone.
This was our first race at 3am,!. Some how we won the class in race 1. ?Race two went much better 6am Sunday morning and we climbed up the grid and finished P28 and P2 in class. By now I am feeling exhausted so sent Robert back to his hotel to get some sleep, I made the dissension not to drive in race 3 as I was totally cream cracker-ed by now. I got the car prepped and Robert drove brilliant in race 3 getting quicker all the time. We ended up P 2 in class and what I thought P 2 on handy-cap., We were getting congratulated from everyone but not really sure why. Results came out and we were only P4 on index so this was a big disappointment.
Hoping to get some sort of prize we went to the awards and drank too much beer. From there " not being much of a drinker these days" it was all a bit of a daze. We were getting called up to the stage and collecting all these prizes and too this day I will never know why. I honestly think I must of been given the wrong trophy but its here now at Delta HQ and will be proudly displayed at the show next week.We also won a crash helmet which I thought I might try and auction . It would be so good to raise some money for charity from what was a most memorable weekend.
Dr Bob will be up in the air somewhere by now on his way home. Safe travels Robert you have been a top team mate. Plans for 2023 already being made.
Old 5 Jul 2022, 06:59 (Ref:4118278)   #64
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Excellent report Iain very pleased for you and Dr Bob. Look forward to seeing the trophy next weekend.
Old 5 Jul 2022, 08:26 (Ref:4118283)   #65
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Pleased you are sorted!
Well done
Clever bloke put that team together for you.!
Old 5 Jul 2022, 09:22 (Ref:4118292)   #66
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Can't think who that could be.
Old 5 Jul 2022, 09:29 (Ref:4118293)   #67
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dr Bobs 2022 tour
What a great experience, MGB at Spa and Elite at Le Mans - doesn't get much better, well done,
Old 5 Jul 2022, 10:07 (Ref:4118296)   #68
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Well done Iain . . .

looking through results there was a load of hard cheese gremlins.

Reminds me how Lucky Mike and I were. A good car and some luck on our side.

A wry grin from me seeing one 'result'
Old 5 Jul 2022, 12:39 (Ref:4118316)   #69
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks for the updates and what a great tour. Well done Iain and Dr Bob. Great results and im sure many great memories.
Old 5 Jul 2022, 12:55 (Ref:4118317)   #70
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Iain - I am sure one of the awards was for reading the briefing notes!,
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 5 Jul 2022, 12:58 (Ref:4118318)   #71
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
Iain - I am sure one of the awards was for reading the briefing notes!,
They probably still have a few spare trophies then
Old 5 Jul 2022, 13:21 (Ref:4118320)   #72
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
As has already been mentioned our LMC started with brake issues (turned out to be a failing master cylinder) which led to us being back in 70th place on the grid for race 1.

We managed to drag the old girl up to p28 at the end of race 1 to then get penalised 12 seconds for accelerating too early out of a slow zone - only myself to blame on that one, back to p31!

Race 2 saw us progress up to P18, race 3 saw us in P19, with some great battles in both races

P18 overall on scratch and P4 on index.

220kph in a 1600cc 356….fastest we have ever been! Sadly we could not string the sectors together, but managed a 5.30 with a theoretical 5.28, so something to aim for if we go back, and we were quicker than all other Porsches in our Plateau, so were pretty pleased!

This LMC was as spectacular, chaotic, frustrating as all previous versions with many sessions running at least an hour late - given our brake issues it meant very little sleep over the weekend and I am still knackered as I write this on Tuesday - although had to check what day it was, at LMC all sense of time and day disappears!
Mag 7's #60
Old 5 Jul 2022, 13:29 (Ref:4118321)   #73
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
They probably still have a few spare trophies then
Mag 7's #60
Old 5 Jul 2022, 13:31 (Ref:4118322)   #74
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
136 MPH is not bad at all, presumably on the Mulsanne, the end of which you really need brakes!
Old 5 Jul 2022, 14:12 (Ref:4118325)   #75
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post

220kph in a 1600cc 356….fastest we have ever been!
Wow! astonishing and scary