Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 28 Mar 2004, 11:02 (Ref:921936)   #1
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Filling grids

Whilst we're on solving all the problems with club motorsport , why don't organisers look at the entries on the official closing date and, if there's loads of space, put out a general invite to similar (but perhaps slower) cars. I know John W is doing something similar with the other BMW series, but you think it'd be in BARC, BRSCC, etc interests to fill grids at their meetings. It might be worth employing someone to do it (if they can pull in an extra grand at a few grids per meeting)!? Could even do it electronically on 10/10ths? I guess there's a bit of "pride" or whatever involved...
[/rant]
Old 28 Mar 2004, 19:42 (Ref:922283)   #2
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry Graeme.

I don't think it would work, it's firstly too simple, and simple ideas don't happen in motorsport. It has got to be overcomplicated to stand a chance!! ;-)

The other problem is finding drivers who have spare budget to do races outside of their normal championship. Budget being the difficult part of any racers season.

Can I have some please.

Rob.
Old 29 Mar 2004, 09:49 (Ref:922628)   #3
ActiveMS
Racer

ActiveMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It wouldnt be hard to create a database of members and the cars they drive and series/champs they are able to run in.

This way they could target additional entries. It could even be automated thus be run against all meetings by one person.

If the BRSCC and or other organisers are interested, I have software to do this, and it will even send out the emails and or faxes to those potential racers. So send me a PM
Old 3 Apr 2004, 13:21 (Ref:928520)   #4
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
I guess its just me who gets bored when I haven't had a race for a week or two, and goes out to see if there's anything I can race in next weekend!? I guess as such I don't have a race budget, just pocket money to spend. Maybe it helps having a fairly-standard road-going sports car that doesn't eat tyres, engines, or other parts.

Just read in Autosport that Fiats and Porsche 924s were amalgamated at Combe last week - a move in the right direction. And good that they both got seperate write ups, so the slower class isn't seen to be inferior.
Old 8 Apr 2004, 12:50 (Ref:934324)   #5
Tracey
Racer

England
In front of a PC
Tracey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My only thought is what effect could this have on a championship? Imagine a championship that has been closely fought for the whole season, and the winner is dependent upon the last race. In that race one of the two fighting for the championship is 'taken out' by a guest car. I can see the smoke coming out of their ears now!
Old 8 Apr 2004, 12:56 (Ref:934331)   #6
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
I've never got this "lost it on the last race" thing - you lost it earlier in the season when you DNFed, came 23rd or whatever.

But it'd be the same as getting taken out passing a back marker - you've got to race against whoever is out on the track. Besides, who wants to win a championship against 10 other cars?