Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 15 Sep 2022, 14:23 (Ref:4126134)   #26
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Many thanks.
Old 15 Sep 2022, 15:58 (Ref:4126146)   #27
Belmondo
Racer

Belmondo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a spare spectator ticket for tomorrow (Friday) if anyone can make use of it.
Old 15 Sep 2022, 16:40 (Ref:4126150)   #28
8en
Rookie

United Kingdom
South West
8en should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmondo View Post
I have a spare spectator ticket for tomorrow (Friday) if anyone can make use of it.
I was thinking about coming down tomorrow. Will you be at the circuit?

Thanks
Old 16 Sep 2022, 21:09 (Ref:4126279)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Somehow expected to see more here. I enjoyed my first of three spells out at the Lavant Infield grandstand. Good view and some gorgeous cars nearby.
Old 17 Sep 2022, 06:28 (Ref:4126306)   #30
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Hugely enjoyed watching some livestream yesterday - I think the highlight was Andrew Jordan just dancing the Cortina on the limit every corner of his laps. I loved the MM and may even return to the Revival next year . I still have my tweed jacket and chunky corduroy trousering- if not in the salmon pink or scarlet which some affect - a chap has to retain some dignity .
Old 17 Sep 2022, 09:40 (Ref:4126318)   #31
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Enjoyed the day dispite the bitter wind blowing across the airfield into us at Madgwick.
Traffic management was the usual Goodwood standards, a shambles, quailty of the cars on track also up to the Goodwood grade, very good.
6 red flags didn't help the flow of the day but the marshals around us were good and busy. Several huge near misses were avoided by driver's skill and luck.

Took too many photos but will be keeping an eye on the stream while processing them tomorrow.
Old 17 Sep 2022, 15:05 (Ref:4126329)   #32
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Been enjoying the live stream, impressed that it is still available for free in this day and age. Good on Goodwood!

Commentary better today IMHO.
Old 17 Sep 2022, 23:02 (Ref:4126375)   #33
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I went on Friday but watched it on the box today and obviously you can see a lot more, but you don't get the atmosphere.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 18 Sep 2022, 06:45 (Ref:4126407)   #34
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I went on Friday but watched it on the box today and obviously you can see a lot more, but you don't get the atmosphere.
Obviously not drinking enough Larkins.
Old 18 Sep 2022, 07:18 (Ref:4126408)   #35
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Friday in the sun at St Marys was fun. A steady stream of wonderful cars, the circuit pristine, the driving outstanding. But then the irritations grow. The poor commentary, the endless repeated advert with its tuneless music, the frantic shouty presenters in the markets, the ceaseless thud of helicopters, the long march to the car park through the aimlessly wandering crowds, the evil drive home staring into the setting sun. I was glad I went but I was glad I didn’t have to go again the next day.

The Saturday and Sunday timetables both seem to have even less actual racing than usual.
Old 18 Sep 2022, 07:43 (Ref:4126409)   #36
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Some cracking racing so far. The Friday late one was good fun and plenty of action yesterday particularly in the saloons and the TT.

Such a shame the latter lost nearly half the race due to tyre wall repairs and errant Aston recovery. Nasty shunt though, glad driver was ok but the car was a mess.

Only a couple of frontrunners had pitted before the sc pit lane closure which effectively ringfenced in the Cobra and blue Ferrari run to the flag and almost everyone else with no chance.
Scott Dixon was superb in his stint condidering he'd only done a few 'secret' laps a couple of weeks ago?
Old 18 Sep 2022, 20:18 (Ref:4126445)   #37
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm just watching the RAC race on YouTube now. What car is Jenson Button driving? It sort of resembles an E Type, but is four seconds a lap quicker than anyone else. Is it a Red Bull?

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 18 Sep 2022, 22:11 (Ref:4126450)   #38
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I'm just watching the RAC race on YouTube now. What car is Jenson Button driving? It sort of resembles an E Type, but is four seconds a lap quicker than anyone else. Is it a Red Bull?

Methinks he killed the car driving at that speed!
Old 18 Sep 2022, 23:17 (Ref:4126452)   #39
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Methinks he killed the car driving at that speed!
It was an E-Type, he was nearly 2seconds a lap faster than the Cobra in second place. Handed over to Harrison Newey at pit stop, then at the end of Harrison's first lap the gear box broke. Shame, it was a good race, right to the end. Well done Shedden.
Old 19 Sep 2022, 06:16 (Ref:4126473)   #40
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
What car is Jenson Button driving?
May be he just bought it ready to race "on the button"…
Old 19 Sep 2022, 10:07 (Ref:4126480)   #41
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spent the day at various vantage points between Fordwater and St Mary's having parked up at 07:20am in order to avoid the queues which worked a treat.
Wonderful event but few real leadership battles, JB's E type was just so fast that for the rest it appeared like a knife/gunfight until the gearbox cried enough, oddly enough JB's driving was smooth as ever so I don't think he contributed to the problem. The standard of cars and drivers was exceptional as usual and for me the bikes were so entertaining with all the riders obviously having a lot of fun.
Having been lucky enough to attend all but one of the Revival meetings including seeing Lord March and his entourage being taken more than little surprised by the approaching Spitfire, I doubt very much whether I will return. The racing almost takes second place to the other peripheral activities which seem to dominate, spectacular it is but for me it has lost its appeal as a race meeting.
Old 19 Sep 2022, 10:11 (Ref:4126481)   #42
piekey
Rookie

piekey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Always enjoy the St Marys races but this year certainly didn't deliver over past few years entries.
A great meeting al in all. Fri & Sat 12 miles walked,chatted , saw loads.

Roll on Members Meeting......
Old 19 Sep 2022, 10:48 (Ref:4126482)   #43
hanuman
Rookie

hanuman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

It’s certainly running a good few inches lower to the ground than any other Lightweight and has a lot more grip. It’s has been like that for a while though and Button’s drive was very impressive. Was his best lap time of sub 1.24 a TT record?
Old 19 Sep 2022, 11:11 (Ref:4126483)   #44
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Don't forget, it's owned by Adrian Newey who worked wonders on a GT40 a few years ago. Certainly on TV the bodywork looked subtly more aerodynamic than the other E Types.
Old 19 Sep 2022, 11:46 (Ref:4126484)   #45
hanuman
Rookie

hanuman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Don't forget, it's owned by Adrian Newey who worked wonders on a GT40 a few years ago. Certainly on TV the bodywork looked subtly more aerodynamic than the other E Types.
It’s certainly had a lot of work done. Interested in that Button time though - 2 secs quicker than anyone else and nearly a second quicker than qualifying. He had no traffic but still…
Old 19 Sep 2022, 11:53 (Ref:4126486)   #46
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, even though he wasn't challenged JB's lines out of Madgwick through Fordwater and into St Mary's were inch perfect every lap as we have come to expect.
Old 19 Sep 2022, 14:19 (Ref:4126499)   #47
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It sort of resembles an E Type
Old 20 Sep 2022, 09:03 (Ref:4126562)   #48
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
It's always odd how the entries are chosen. It was noticeable in the MG B race when many of the best FIA B racers did not get an entry and yet there were a few guest drivers and folk that are not regular racers in the historic B events. Also I would have expected more ex works cars.
Old 20 Sep 2022, 09:28 (Ref:4126565)   #49
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I had a great 3 days 'working' out at the Lavant infield grandstand each morning. A bacon butty and a coffee while watching the Spitfires each morning was a perfect way to start the day. We also had a lot of very nice Ferrari's and all of the cars from the Graham Hill tribute parade parked there next to us. A splendid sight. The weather was super throughout although the wind was quite chilly in the shade of the grandstand. It was my second Revival and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I too wondered about how the Button E-Tye could be so much quicker than everything else.... BTW, what happened to the Dumas Cobra towards the end of the race - I didn't see any replays of him going off or coming to a halt?
Old 20 Sep 2022, 10:37 (Ref:4126568)   #50
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent View Post
It's always odd how the entries are chosen. It was noticeable in the MG B race when many of the best FIA B racers did not get an entry and yet there were a few guest drivers and folk that are not regular racers in the historic B events. Also I would have expected more ex works cars.
We've already discussed this, but don't forget you need to be a GRRC member to be invited. Or you have to join before you appear on the grid.

Also not sure there were that many "works" cars anyway.