Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 17 Oct 2009, 09:03 (Ref:2563135)   #1
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dud Meetings, Busted Flushes and SNAFUs

Well...the A1GPs have spectacularly failed to appear in a top level international Motorsport starved captive market (Australia).

Name some other disasters lads as I'm sure this isn't the first time Marshals have spent 100s of hard earned "dollars" supporting a meeting only to be bitterly dissapointed or royally flushed by the organisers etc

PS the first Aussie Marshal that comes on here and complains I have defiled the good name of V8 Supercars Australia by not including them in the top level international category (BTW where did Andy Priaux(spl) finish in the Bathurst 1000?) gets a large all day sucker.

Old 17 Oct 2009, 10:41 (Ref:2563175)   #2
PipSqueak111
Racer

England
Deepest, darkest Devon
PipSqueak111 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
(Andy Priaulx finished 12th)
Old 17 Oct 2009, 13:31 (Ref:2563229)   #3
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PipSqueak111 View Post
(Andy Priaulx finished 12th)
a creditable finish in that race
Old 17 Oct 2009, 16:27 (Ref:2563288)   #4
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can't think of anything where the headline series has simply failed to turn up without cancelling properly in advance. Especially not at a circuit which is especially built for the purpose. Vary sad.

Mind, it's not as if many people spend much time looking at the cars at Surfers... I'm sure the marshals won't have to search far for entertainment, and can presumably have a later start in the morning as well!
Old 17 Oct 2009, 22:28 (Ref:2563411)   #5
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
possible rubbish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
Can't think of anything where the headline series has simply failed to turn up without cancelling properly in advance. Especially not at a circuit which is especially built for the purpose. Vary sad.

Mind, it's not as if many people spend much time looking at the cars at Surfers... I'm sure the marshals won't have to search far for entertainment, and can presumably have a later start in the morning as well!
The hype is likely to evaporate well and truly compared to the halcyon Indy days...no hype...means no corporate interest...means poor attendance etc

I disagree about a late start...Tony C will want the Marshals out on point and out of sight as soon as possible to run the supports they dream up.

Still, not a total loss as you say Woolen one...it is a holiday destination after all

I wonder how many Marshalls WILL turn up now
Old 20 Oct 2009, 03:43 (Ref:2565155)   #6
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm sorry, I didn't realise that VESA had a good name to defile...especially after the Phillip Island Mk II/Bahrain kerfuffle.
Old 26 Oct 2009, 05:54 (Ref:2569810)   #7
nomad_n
Racer

New Zealand
gold coast
nomad_n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4 View Post
The hype is likely to evaporate well and truly compared to the halcyon Indy days...no hype...means no corporate interest...means poor attendance etc

I disagree about a late start...Tony C will want the Marshals out on point and out of sight as soon as possible to run the supports they dream up.

Still, not a total loss as you say Woolen one...it is a holiday destination after all

I wonder how many Marshalls WILL turn up now
mmmm late start - must've missed that memo as sign on for the thursday was 0530 then 0630 friday then for some unknown reason we had sign on at 0600 for both saturday and sunday.

And as for marshal turning up I know all of our marshals on point 9 were going to give it a miss for next year as they were sick and tired of getting royally bashed by the black wiggle.....
Old 27 Oct 2009, 01:11 (Ref:2570450)   #8
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
NS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad_n View Post
mmmm late start - must've missed that memo as sign on for the thursday was 0530 then 0630 friday then for some unknown reason we had sign on at 0600 for both saturday and sunday.

And as for marshal turning up I know all of our marshals on point 9 were going to give it a miss for next year as they were sick and tired of getting royally bashed by the black wiggle.....
There were an appreciable number of Trackside Official no-shows across the four days from what I heard...

Hope you appreciated the water we loaned to you 9!!
Old 27 Oct 2009, 05:29 (Ref:2570524)   #9
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I heard 80 no shows on Thursday morning.
Old 27 Oct 2009, 06:25 (Ref:2570543)   #10
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I heard the same number as PVDA, I have a feeling from the same source

And any good name that VESA had before the weekend, is now gone. You know you have stuffed up when your own commentators start bagging you on air.
Old 27 Oct 2009, 22:09 (Ref:2571026)   #11
nomad_n
Racer

New Zealand
gold coast
nomad_n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA View Post
I heard 80 no shows on Thursday morning.
Speaking to Marty after the briefing and he said that there were approx 120 marshals down over the thursday & friday. And I know alot aren't turning back up next year.....

And I loved the wheather that we got at the F/ford race - made it interesting, when the f/ford crashed into the flag point.....