Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 5 Jun 2010, 14:44 (Ref:2705072)   #1
polle
Rookie

polle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nyirad Live !

http://www.nymc.eu/?page=webkamera
Old 6 Jun 2010, 07:02 (Ref:2705356)   #2
polle
Rookie

polle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For the latest news :

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...hH-NEMOh2RyUWA
Old 6 Jun 2010, 13:44 (Ref:2705447)   #3
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Its okay, if the cameraman could follow the actiona little

B final, Eriksson is a retard! Can the man overtake without hitting anyoen!

Looks like Liam gave him what for, get in there lad he deserves a whack! Hits everyc ar in every race usually!
Old 6 Jun 2010, 14:07 (Ref:2705456)   #4
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lol then the feed disappears just befiore the A Final
Old 6 Jun 2010, 14:31 (Ref:2705469)   #5
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But was back in time anyway.

Did I see right that the D1-A A final was fecked up by the Joker Lap…?
Old 6 Jun 2010, 14:35 (Ref:2705473)   #6
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
No the A final was fecked up by the russians taking each otehr out! Timerzyanov drove straight into the otehr guy when he came out of joker and Kalny was there to pick it up, great drive! but feed went down so I know not if he won it!!
Old 6 Jun 2010, 16:51 (Ref:2705560)   #7
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
No the A final was fecked up by the russians taking each otehr out! Timerzyanov drove straight into the otehr guy when he came out of joker and Kalny was there to pick it up, great drive! but feed went down so I know not if he won it!!
However, another stupid incident claimed by the Joker…
Old 6 Jun 2010, 17:16 (Ref:2705576)   #8
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Well I know you would like to blame the joker Edd, but in all seriousness I think you need to look at the driver dont you!

He just drive into his countryman, nowt to do with joker, just where he as on the track!!
Old 6 Jun 2010, 17:33 (Ref:2705587)   #9
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Yeah chunder, understand your point!

But without Joker it had not happened is my point.
Old 6 Jun 2010, 17:44 (Ref:2705593)   #10
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
From the FIA rules: "At the exit of the Joker lap, the cars on the main track have priority."

Missing on RX tracks with Joker Lap route: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priority_signs
Old 6 Jun 2010, 21:01 (Ref:2705713)   #11
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
1975DCS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Eriksson is a retard!
Totally agree with that! Especially this year... But he has done some good things for the sports, but it does seem he is not great when it comes to losing... He is a bit like Schanche: all or nothing (and this year it is nothing)!
Old 6 Jun 2010, 21:12 (Ref:2705722)   #12
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Erm please refrain from comparing Eriksson to Martin! That is almost swearing!

Martin was not a hugely unfair driver on track, if you watch him a lot he was actually pretty clean! But when he lost it as he ddi in Sweden in 88 and Finland in 92 we all remember it.

He was sideways, and a little OTT but never hitting peple as much as Eriksson does, he is actually a bit mad, but then Hunsbedt has been getting away with it for 20 yeasr so why not I guess!
Old 6 Jun 2010, 22:25 (Ref:2705761)   #13
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Finland 1992 and I stood just 20 metres from the spot. I had already stopped taking pics as my 300mm lens was too long by then and therefore I had full and clear view. I will swear till the end of my life that Martin clipped the banking of the first corner just a little bit and Will took advantage from the unstable RS200 to push him till he was in front of Rantanen and Pekka did the rest of the job.
Old 6 Jun 2010, 22:57 (Ref:2705772)   #14
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
yes you are right Edd

Martin chucked it in, clipped the bank and Will just saw the gap and went inside, they were both 4 wheel drifting as it was loose there, Pekka just stuck his nose in aswell as Will backed off and spun Martin out.

What I remember the most is the front view of Martin still flat out on the throttle trying to take them both out after he was spun, while not realising he only had 1wd!! lol
Old 7 Jun 2010, 05:47 (Ref:2705850)   #15
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
1975DCS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Erm please refrain from comparing Eriksson to Martin! That is almost swearing!
Yeah (I know you're right)... Schanche had more respect for the material...

I loved Schanche, despite I was a huge Alamaki fan, but this also comes down to 205T16E2 I really loved (even before watching Rallycross)...
Old 7 Jun 2010, 10:27 (Ref:2705969)   #16
dcdesign
Racer

Belgium
Oostmalle, Antwerp
dcdesign should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Then what to say about Lyngas 1994?
Old 7 Jun 2010, 18:22 (Ref:2706243)   #17
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I ahve to say Lyngas 94 was a truly awesome race, again, if you watch it clsoely Martin is not really trying to deliberately drive into Kenneth. And the one time he made a huge punt,Kenny gave him one back which mames me cheer at the screen every time he does it!!

I think that was borderline, but not as OTT as Eriksson and Hunsbedt at eims, who are dangerous. Isachsen used to be a bit this way too, and hey presto, he stops it and wins every week! lol
Old 8 Jun 2010, 08:45 (Ref:2706554)   #18
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru View Post
However, another stupid incident claimed by the Joker…
I was at Nyirad (hottest day i have ever spent at a rallycross meeting), stood about 30 metres away and this was caused by the two Russians' machoism. Neither gave an inch and just drove each other into the barriers. Shocking driving really, as those cars are so well set-up.

Anyway, I'm glad you raised the joker issue, cos without a joker on the first corner (and with 5 abreast starts with equal power) there was so much contact and incidents in the first corner. I guess some people love that, but it is massively frustrating to see two cars go off/damaged/buckle wheel etc after first corner bunching, I would say 30% of heats.

I know that the joker detracts from the action, but so does waiting 10 minutes after every third heat for the clean up (and in 28 degrees heat blazing sunshine, this feels like an hour). Maybe the answer is staggered starts, and no joker. If even 4 out of 5 of the cars get a good start, you get carnage if start 5 abreast.

Aside from that, top weekend, great track, great weather (and no dust!) and will be going back next and urge any tenthers to go too.
Old 8 Jun 2010, 21:01 (Ref:2706952)   #19
Chessmsport
Racer

England
Eastbourne
Chessmsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey View Post
Anyway, I'm glad you raised the joker issue, cos without a joker on the first corner (and with 5 abreast starts with equal power) there was so much contact and incidents in the first corner. I guess some people love that, but it is massively frustrating to see two cars go off/damaged/buckle wheel etc after first corner bunching, I would say 30% of heats.
Some reason at last, and for all the people who moan about the joker lap, the drivers like it for exactly the same reason less expensive damage.
The Russians were a racing incident they just dont give an inch, the incident that took Bakkerud out at Lydden was not due to the Joker lap it was one of the same Russians not giving an inch.
Old 8 Jun 2010, 21:17 (Ref:2706960)   #20
chasing cars
Racer

chasing cars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Chessmsport;2706952]Some reason at last, and for all the people who moan about the joker lap, the drivers like it for exactly the same reason less expensive damage. QUOTE]

But this circuit has a joker lap! Are you now saying the joker section has little point unless its at the first corner?
Old 8 Jun 2010, 22:19 (Ref:2706985)   #21
WJM
Racer

Netherlands
WJM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey View Post

I know that the joker detracts from the action, but so does waiting 10 minutes after every third heat for the clean up (and in 28 degrees heat blazing sunshine, this feels like an hour). Maybe the answer is staggered starts, and no joker. If even 4 out of 5 of the cars get a good start, you get carnage if start 5 abreast.
Now I don't understand you. Are you saying a jokerlap must be in the first corner? Or no jokerlap at all???
You know, back in the good ol' days they didn't need 10 minutes to clean a one-car incident. But that was when they handled a full rallycross weekend of 90+ cars on a single day, instead of hours and hours of lunchbreaks.
Also I don't remember that they used to drive so agressively back then. Nowadays they drive eachother in the wall without even thinking about it, see Hunsbedt at Lydden and the Russians at Nyirad for example.

Quote:
Aside from that, top weekend, great track, great weather (and no dust!) and will be going back next and urge any tenthers to go too.
No dust, no kidding! That track had no gravel at all!
But it's nice to hear you had a great weekend.
Old 9 Jun 2010, 09:11 (Ref:2707144)   #22
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJM View Post
You know, back in the good ol' days they didn't need 10 minutes to clean a one-car incident. But that was when they handled a full rallycross weekend of 90+ cars on a single day, instead of hours and hours of lunchbreaks.
Also I don't remember that they used to drive so agressively back then. Nowadays they drive eachother in the wall without even thinking about it, see Hunsbedt at Lydden and the Russians at Nyirad for example.
When I began following RX in the mid 1970s nearly everywhere in Europe the first qualifying heat started at 13.00h on Sunday, later it was changed on most venues to 11.00h. In Germany and some other countries they had 100+ entries to handle – and managed to do so! I’ve even attended RX events with 120+ starters. To split the event over Saturday and Sunday started in the UK and Norway, charging the people more money was the main point. For me another reason that RX lost a lot of spectators. Instead of one day packed with action, action, action the weekends are sometimes pretty boring. In America they know and understand that most people can only kept following things for four or five hours with 100% interest and full atentiveness, therefore they do mainly very compact events over there. But in RX Europe this will possibly ignored forever…
Old 9 Jun 2010, 09:23 (Ref:2707152)   #23
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
I even had an idea already many years ago to keep both, organisers (about income) and spectators (about what to see) happy:
The Saturday is for practice only. Free practice = business as usual. Timed practice = changed into some kind of a Rallysprint event. One single car on the track. The first (warm-up) lap unclocked, the second lap clocked. The practice results become Rallysprint results, the winner of each Division gets 3 extra ERC points, the runner-up gets 2 extra ERC points and the third 1 extra ERC point, to encourage all competitors to drive truly flat out.
Old 9 Jun 2010, 09:39 (Ref:2707158)   #24
Dutch-RX
Rookie

Netherlands
Netherlands
Dutch-RX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And so the race incident involving the two Russians was caused by the Jokerlap. No question about it for me.
Like with Bermingrud and ? 3? years ago on the same spot.
You simple can not see who is coming out of the Jokerlap with the use of the HANS device and the 'ears' on the racingseat. Think also that a driver is concentrating on his racingline or try to get the car on the right line.
The Jokerlap (out) in combination with the hans-device and 'ears' caused already more accidents for instance in Belgium.
The car goes a bit wide an there you have the 'racing' or is 'joker' accident?
What is next? Traffic lights?
Old 9 Jun 2010, 09:43 (Ref:2707160)   #25
Dutch-RX
Rookie

Netherlands
Netherlands
Dutch-RX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Points for practice
Like the Superpole in Moto GP.
No 'hiding' for (fast) drivers to try to get maybe a good run in a heat with some slower drivers.