Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 10 Mar 2019, 18:25 (Ref:3889484)   #26
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Two Hondas have gone down with what looked like turbo issues. Might be a bunk part.
Old 10 Mar 2019, 18:45 (Ref:3889490)   #27
GregUK
Racer

GregUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Actually he won it once in his fifth year in the series, his sixth year in F3.
.... and that's when the FIA changed the rules....
Old 10 Mar 2019, 18:57 (Ref:3889498)   #28
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Went to commercial at lap 55. Let's see what it comes back at...
Old 10 Mar 2019, 18:58 (Ref:3889499)   #29
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
This racing is really annoying. They keep cutting away from the ads to show some!

BT with Keith Colladine (sp?) was much better if you could tune-out his know-little “expert” assistant who liked to share his lack of technical and tyre knowledge...

Last edited by peebee2; 10 Mar 2019 at 19:05.
Old 10 Mar 2019, 19:02 (Ref:3889504)   #30
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
It comes back to technical difficulties and they haven't said what lap we're on, other than "long way to go". I'm assuming we're in the 70s.
Old 10 Mar 2019, 19:14 (Ref:3889511)   #31
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Not good then. Seems it is a nightmare to watch. Ah well, as long as the racing is good
Old 10 Mar 2019, 19:27 (Ref:3889520)   #32
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Not good then. Seems it is a nightmare to watch. Ah well, as long as the racing is good
It's not easy to watch and then there was a technical hitch, when it all went down but that can happen to any broadcast. Otherwise, it was so much better on BT Sport.
Old 10 Mar 2019, 19:34 (Ref:3889523)   #33
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is doing my head in, since lap 75 when the video feed started working again, they been going to an add break every 8-9 laps, then when they come back its random shots of boats out in the sea, just get back to the racing please! BT was so much better.
Old 10 Mar 2019, 19:42 (Ref:3889526)   #34
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I just hope they do show the whole race on the YouTube channel.
Old 10 Mar 2019, 19:48 (Ref:3889530)   #35
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Congrats to Newgarden and also Penske, getting two drivers on the podium. A very respectable 4th place for Rosenquist.

What I saw of it, it looked like a good season opener but the TV coverage was dire.
Old 10 Mar 2019, 19:49 (Ref:3889531)   #36
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rosenqvist finished 4th Go Super Swede
Old 10 Mar 2019, 19:54 (Ref:3889533)   #37
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Great strategy by Penske got them the win today. Rosenqvist looks very promising. I'm very happy the season is underway! This winter has sucked!
Old 10 Mar 2019, 20:35 (Ref:3889540)   #38
Mogster
Rookie

Mogster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
It's not easy to watch and then there was a technical hitch, when it all went down but that can happen to any broadcast. Otherwise, it was so much better on BT Sport.
I suspect Sky are just relying on the US feed provided by NBC. I agree the coverage is bordering on the unwatchable, it’’ll be particularly jarring for F1 fans used to ad free racing and Sky’s slick presentation.

It’ll be interesting to see if Sky are committed enough to try to improve things. These are early days.
Old 10 Mar 2019, 20:40 (Ref:3889542)   #39
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogster View Post
I suspect Sky are just relying on the US feed provided by NBC. I agree the coverage is bordering on the unwatchable, it’’ll be particularly jarring for F1 fans used to ad free racing and Sky’s slick presentation.

It’ll be interesting to see if Sky are committed enough to try to improve things. These are early days.
When BT Sport used the US feed, they would switch the commentary back to their commentary team, during the ads and you could still watch the race. Early days yet, so hopefully someone will pick up on that.
Old 10 Mar 2019, 20:47 (Ref:3889545)   #40
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well BT Sport was a privilege. We certainly got great coverage there, but I’m sure Sky will be alright
Old 11 Mar 2019, 00:35 (Ref:3889565)   #41
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Result:

1 Josef Newgarden, Team Penske. Dallara/Chevrolet. 110. 2h04m18.2588s
2 Scott Dixon, Chip Ganassi Racing. Dallara/Honda. 110. 2.8998s
3 Will Power, Team Penske. Dallara/Chevrolet. 110. 12.7442s
4 Felix Rosenqvist, Chip Ganassi Racing. Dallara/Honda. 110. 14.5858s
5 Alexander Rossi, Andretti Autosport. Dallara/Honda. 110. 18.3616s
6 James Hinchcliffe, Schmidt Peterson Motorsports. Dallara/Honda. 110. 31.1596s
7 Simon Pagenaud, Team Penske. Dallara/Chevrolet. 110. 31.4401s
8 Colton Herta, Harding Racing. Dallara/Honda. 110. 40.4700s
9 Santino Ferrucci, Dale Coyne Racing. Dallara/Honda. 110. 57.6029s
10 Jack Harvey, Meyer Shank Racing. Dallara/Honda. 110. 59.1909s
11 Spencer Pigot, Ed Carpenter Racing. Dallara/Chevrolet. 110. 1m02.6866s
12 Graham Rahal, Rahal Letterman Lanigan. Dallara/Honda. 109. 1 Lap
13 Marco Andretti, Andretti Herta. Dallara/Honda. 109. 1 Lap
14 Zach Veach, Andretti Autosport. Dallara/Honda. 109. 1 Lap
15 Tony Kanaan, AJ Foyt Enterprises. Dallara/Chevrolet. 109. 1 Lap
16 Max Chilton, Carlin. Dallara/Chevrolet. 109, 1 Lap
17 Charlie Kimball, Carlin. Dallara/Chevrolet. 109 1 Lap
18 Ben Hanley, DragonSpeed. Dallara/Chevrolet. 108. 2 Laps
19 Takuma Sato, Rahal Letterman Lanigan. Dallara/Honda. 75. Mechanical
20 Marcus Ericsson, Schmidt Peterson Motorsports. Dallara/Honda. 54. Mechanical
21 Ed Jones, Ed Carpenter Racing. Dallara/Chevrolet. 25. Contact
22 Matheus Leist, AJ Foyt Enterprises. Dallara/Chevrolet. 25. Contact
23 Ryan Hunter-Reay, Andretti Autosport. Dallara/Honda. 19. Mechanical
24 Sebastien Bourdais, Dale Coyne Racing. Dallara/Honda 11. Mechanical
Old 11 Mar 2019, 01:28 (Ref:3889572)   #42
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
It was a steady race that was probably a bit too dependent on pit stop intrigue. Rosenqvist put on a great move on Power early on and was courageous in the lead though it was funny when Power closed him down twice when leaving the pits.

I missed out on Hunter-Reay leaving the race - although my attention may have been divided.

Sky just threw that on. Naff as it may have been, you'd miss the supplementary BT sports commentary that filled the adverts.
Old 11 Mar 2019, 11:10 (Ref:3889618)   #43
S griffin
Veteran

Well not every race is going to be exciting, but it sounds like there was enough going on and the drivers put on a good show.

Well seems there's a lot opinions on the coverage here

Give Sky time is what I say. At least you guys still have the coverage, how many viewers did BT Sport's great coverage get?
Old 11 Mar 2019, 11:31 (Ref:3889622)   #44
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
From a broadcasting point of view and wanting to grow their audience, it makes sense for IndyCar to be on Sky's F1 channel. However, they are going to have to do something about the ad breaks, as it's a major turn off.
Old 11 Mar 2019, 13:20 (Ref:3889645)   #45
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Interesting race, although I missed when Newgarden become the leader.
Old 11 Mar 2019, 15:18 (Ref:3889671)   #46
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Interesting race, although I missed when Newgarden become the leader.

I was baffled by that - I'd thought he pitted out of the lead, but when I next looked he was back in the lead and I didn't recall the cars behind him pitting. Very confusing...

Anyone hoping for better coverage with fewer ad breaks, etc. - all of the various services will be getting the NBC/NBC Sports feed, so it will be the same everywhere. Sportnset NOW+ in Canada is basically an echo of the NBCSN feed, for example. It is, as they say, what it is.
Old 11 Mar 2019, 16:20 (Ref:3889683)   #47
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwintle View Post
I was baffled by that - I'd thought he pitted out of the lead, but when I next looked he was back in the lead and I didn't recall the cars behind him pitting. Very confusing...

Watched the Youtube highlights - pitted on lap 55 with a ~25 second lead and came out in P1 in front of Power, who was being held up by Marco a lap down.
Old 11 Mar 2019, 16:58 (Ref:3889696)   #48
S griffin
Veteran

Well good job someone has all the race somewhere. Seemed an ok race from the reports, with the same quality drivers at the front
Old 13 Mar 2019, 16:57 (Ref:3890158)   #49
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Well good job someone has all the race somewhere. Seemed an ok race from the reports, with the same quality drivers at the front

I enjoyed it. Shame that Bourdais and RHR had engine issues and DNFs as a result.