Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 2 Jan 2014, 00:49 (Ref:3349560)   #26
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/ph...olex-24-setup/

Roar unloading pics!

Highlights:
  • Red Mazda SDR-14s
  • Black and Orange Park Place Porsches
  • Blue and white Muehlner Motorsport Porsches
  • Mystery LMP under blue and white cover
  • TRG still with bare carbon
  • OAK with their 2013 WEC livery again
Also, the GB Autosport car (NOT DEMPSEY, lol) with Tully's sposorship in a livery identical to the Dempsey livery from 2013.
Old 2 Jan 2014, 02:29 (Ref:3349574)   #27
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Teams had to qualify for a place on the grid, ie, the field was oversubscribed, and they turned teams away based on qualifying performance.
When was this? What has changed? As previously mentioned, in the 80s, 70-80 cars started the race.I thought this year there is going to be a cap of 60 starters for each race which was not in place previously.

jimclark
Old 2 Jan 2014, 05:04 (Ref:3349583)   #28
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
That Park Place livery looks absolutely fantastic! Much better than last year!

Minimalist, yet very striking.
Old 2 Jan 2014, 07:06 (Ref:3349590)   #29
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Roar unloading pics!

Highlights:
  • Red Mazda SDR-14s
Awesome! I personally think the gt Americas look good.much better looking than the ga and gtc Porsches.i see much more haulers in the background, some gte teams.get them puppies unloaded already!

I wonder if that Porsche hauler is the Porsche customer support truck or core/pmna's hauler?

These next few days are going to be very exciting, I can't wait!
Old 2 Jan 2014, 08:57 (Ref:3349608)   #30
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
These next few days are going to be very exciting, I can't wait!
Did the TUSCC figure out in the meantime that sportscar racing is a global endeavour and thus it'd be worthwile to broadcast moving pictures of their events on a medium that's globally receptible?
Old 2 Jan 2014, 09:06 (Ref:3349611)   #31
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Roar unloading pics!

Highlights:
Did I miss an announcement? Or is it Muscle Milk?
Old 2 Jan 2014, 09:43 (Ref:3349617)   #32
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Must be the Muscle Milk car, unless it was the OAK car before the cover was taken off or Delta-ADR filed a surprise Roar entry with their Oreca 03
Old 2 Jan 2014, 09:56 (Ref:3349618)   #33
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Maybe it's an alien invasion....

jimclark
Old 2 Jan 2014, 14:18 (Ref:3349680)   #34
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why not one of the many PCs?

I liked the Mazdas better in black, but then any color is better than not there.
Old 2 Jan 2014, 14:35 (Ref:3349685)   #35
flyingmonkey
Rookie

flyingmonkey has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:

Roar unloading pics!

Highlights:
  • Red Mazda SDR-14s
AAARRRG! I want to be back in Daytona right now!
Old 2 Jan 2014, 15:10 (Ref:3349693)   #36
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdave0 View Post
Why not one of the many PCs?
BHF
Old 2 Jan 2014, 15:28 (Ref:3349698)   #37
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
When was this? What has changed? As previously mentioned, in the 80s, 70-80 cars started the race.I thought this year there is going to be a cap of 60 starters for each race which was not in place previously.

Even without grid limits there were safety issues - there was the 105% rule and sufficient laps in night practice (remember it used to be dark). Once it became light and the sanctioning body got desperate for numbers that all went away. Now there is a number cap but I bet it gets fudged if there's only a couple of extras, especially at Daytona which has the space.
Old 2 Jan 2014, 15:29 (Ref:3349699)   #38
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
BHF
Funny - I have seen it so much it's now normalized to invisibility in my head.
Old 2 Jan 2014, 16:39 (Ref:3349711)   #39
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
UK live race coverage

Is the race being streamed live?
Old 2 Jan 2014, 16:45 (Ref:3349713)   #40
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So far we haven't been privy to any info on streaming. What they have said is you can stream the races 24 hours after they appear on either FoxSports1 or FoxSports2.

http://www.imsa.com/imsa101/how-watch-faqs

Last edited by joeb; 2 Jan 2014 at 16:57.
Old 2 Jan 2014, 16:55 (Ref:3349717)   #41
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
live streaming

Since the race is only 2 days away, I assume there is no live stream otherwise there would be more chat about it. Great shame, I followed the ALMS for years at a distance and their live stream was great, eventually!
Old 2 Jan 2014, 17:01 (Ref:3349720)   #42
Brownj
Racer

United States
Georgia, US
Brownj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Since the race is only 2 days away, I assume there is no live stream otherwise there would be more chat about it. Great shame, I followed the ALMS for years at a distance and their live stream was great, eventually!
The race is not until January 25th, this is only a pre-season test this weekend.
Old 2 Jan 2014, 17:03 (Ref:3349722)   #43
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownj View Post
The race is not until January 25th, this is only a pre-season test this weekend.
Sorry, got my dates mixed up!
Old 2 Jan 2014, 17:07 (Ref:3349723)   #44
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Just answered my own question http://www.imsa.com/imsa101/how-watch-faqs
Old 2 Jan 2014, 17:26 (Ref:3349726)   #45
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephaeton View Post
Did the TUSCC figure out in the meantime that sportscar racing is a global endeavour and thus it'd be worthwile to broadcast moving pictures of their events on a medium that's globally receptible?
I'd settle for just sound. Of course, MRN is rebroadcasting a NASCAR race from 1971 at the moment. I miss the RLM crew.
Old 2 Jan 2014, 17:31 (Ref:3349728)   #46
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
I guess I could be influenced as to which brand of Swiss watch to purchase given the right persuasion
Old 2 Jan 2014, 17:42 (Ref:3349731)   #47
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Just answered my own question http://www.imsa.com/imsa101/how-watch-faqs
good spot, I hadn't seen that. Huge pity, but at least there's an answer to the question. Here's hoping that they get it sorted out. Heck, I'd happily pay for the season, rather than trying to find a dodgy lo-quality feed of US TV...

What's Tom Dyer's background, by the way? I don't recall hearing the name before at all.
Old 2 Jan 2014, 17:46 (Ref:3349733)   #48
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Did I miss an announcement? Or is it Muscle Milk?
Quote:
Must be the Muscle Milk car, unless it was the OAK car before the cover was taken off or Delta-ADR filed a surprise Roar entry with their Oreca 03
not sure if it was under those wraps, but here it is unwrapped:
https://twitter.com/RacerN8/status/4...028608/photo/1

Great pics and links here if you haven't already seen them
https://twitter.com/UnitedSportsCar

Edit: Good confirmations coming out today, to include A. Brundle in with Muscle Milk.

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 2 Jan 2014 at 17:53.
Old 2 Jan 2014, 17:51 (Ref:3349734)   #49
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
good spot, I hadn't seen that. Huge pity, but at least there's an answer to the question. Here's hoping that they get it sorted out. Heck, I'd happily pay for the season, rather than trying to find a dodgy lo-quality feed of US TV...
Pity, indeed. I hope it's Fox 1 for me; 2 is low def in my area.

And one would think they could fly Eli Gold from New Orleans to Daytona after Sugar Bowl this evening to cover the Roar. At least Rooftop Ray and Kyle Rickey. What are they doing this weekend?
Old 2 Jan 2014, 18:01 (Ref:3349738)   #50
ACFlinn
Racer

ACFlinn is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:

What's Tom Dyer's background, by the way? I don't recall hearing the name before at all.
Fox (FS1 and FS2) is dodgy and low-quality?

Rupert Murdock owns it.

If you can't access that from the UK, it's time to follow the simple advice provided on the IMSA website and contact your cable provider.

Andy Flinn

Last edited by ACFlinn; 2 Jan 2014 at 18:09.