Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 2 Jan 2014, 18:10 (Ref:3349742)   #51
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Alex Brundle joins Muscle Milk Pickett

Has this been noted already? Might have missed it. What a driver line up that is!
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/al...-for-rolex-24/

Ah, it's right there at the top of the page (adjusts glasses).
Old 2 Jan 2014, 18:12 (Ref:3349743)   #52
Bandicoot17
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Bandicoot17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACFlinn View Post

If you can't access that from the UK, it's time to follow the simple advice provided on the IMSA website and contact your cable provider.

Andy Flinn

Old 2 Jan 2014, 18:28 (Ref:3349746)   #53
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Fox (FS1 and FS2) is dodgy and low-quality?

Rupert Murdock owns it.

If you can't access that from the UK, it's time to follow the simple advice provided on the IMSA website and contact your cable provider.

Andy Flinn
That's not how TV works. You don't just get US channels in other countries - even Canada, as far as I'm aware - so there's no way to access Fox Sports; not even by changing (/getting a) supplier.

Murdoch owns Sky, the biggest TV provider in the country, but ain't a bat in hell's chance that their four sports channels will pick it up (even though it's one of the few weekends they have no Premier League football or NFL, they currently have golf, rugby, snooker, Spanish & Scottish football, gridiron and cricket scheduled).

I believe that FS only have national rights anyway, so IMSA will still have the international rights to it in nations that they haven't sold them in which, as far as I can tell, is currently the 'other' 192 of them.

By 'dodgy, low quality', I simply mean that I'll have to rely on hopefully finding a less-than-official stream from the dark corners of the internet.

For more, see here: http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....postcount=4943
Old 2 Jan 2014, 18:41 (Ref:3349750)   #54
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
I seem to recall that MotorsTV had exclusive rights to broadcast the Rolex 24 for a number of years now in the UK and Europe? They have for the past two or three years.
Old 2 Jan 2014, 18:45 (Ref:3349753)   #55
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
it's not a multi-year deal, and they have nothing in place as of last time I asked them, but just seen this update from December: https://twitter.com/MotorsTV/status/414852497467920384
Old 2 Jan 2014, 18:47 (Ref:3349754)   #56
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Pity, indeed. I hope it's Fox 1 for me; 2 is low def in my area.
Do you really have FS2?
Old 2 Jan 2014, 18:47 (Ref:3349756)   #57
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
I seem to recall that MotorsTV had exclusive rights to broadcast the Rolex 24 for a number of years now in the UK and Europe? They have for the past two or three years.
I have no idea what's happening with Motors. It still has terrible picture quality, the adverts are so old you wonder if they're just putting some on for the sake of it, and it hasn't changed its graphics in around ten years. It's also losing out on some series. Those it has lost, haven't been taken up elsewhere, so it's not just that they're suffering from competition.

Sky lost IndyCar but Motors didn't pick it up; ESPN has the DTM, and Eurosport has Le Mans. A few years back, Motors covered Champcars, DTM and Le Mans live.

Now, it's mostly motor cross.

On Sky, it's now listed as the last of around 50 channels, whereas it used to be on the first page of the Sports section of the TV guide.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not sure how much longer the channel will survive. We're going to be relying on the internet a lot in the future - which is good for us, but not so good for visibility.

Sadly, this isn't a massive issue for TUSCC. It's very serious to us hardy bunch of enthusiasts though - there's just not a lot of money to be made out of us.

The loss of SPEED must be really sad for you guys across the pond, but motorsport coverage in this country is dying. Appreciate what you do have.
Old 2 Jan 2014, 18:49 (Ref:3349757)   #58
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Rupert Murdock owns it.

Andy Flinn
If most people in the US don't have it, how do you expect those in the UK to? Contacting Comcast in my case will do no good. They have no intention of providing more competition for their own sports channels.
Old 2 Jan 2014, 18:54 (Ref:3349759)   #59
Danske
Veteran

Danske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Do you really have FS2?
FS2 does exist, and I even get it in HD (at the moment).
Old 2 Jan 2014, 19:02 (Ref:3349761)   #60
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Do you really have FS2?
Yessir. FS2 channel 302; used to be the "Fox Soccer Channel" for me. Low def, but i got it. Charter is my provider, FWIW.
Old 2 Jan 2014, 19:03 (Ref:3349762)   #61
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I

The loss of SPEED must be really sad for you guys across the pond, but motorsport coverage in this country is dying. Appreciate what you do have.

True. On one side of the coin, the loss of the SPEED channel was a good thing as the channel was completely taken over by NASCAR shoving their redneck crap down our throats, but on the other side, the U.S. had lost its only dedicated motorsport channel.
Old 2 Jan 2014, 19:28 (Ref:3349766)   #62
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sky lost IndyCar but Motors didn't pick it up; ESPN has the DTM, and Eurosport has Le Mans. A few years back, Motors covered Champcars, DTM and Le Mans live.
I subscribed to Motors tv here in the uk just to pick up the champcar and le mans coverage in the years when I was unable to go and the picture quality and amateur production tv presentations still send shivers down my spine!
What surprises me in these technology driven days of communication is that we are still relying on antiquated platforms for reaching the masses. If there is one aspect that the ALMS got right(in the end!) it was making the races available by streaming them live. I'm not a marketing guru but surely it makes sense to go the 21st century route.

Last edited by justracing; 2 Jan 2014 at 19:35.
Old 2 Jan 2014, 19:40 (Ref:3349768)   #63
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Rupert Murdock owns it.

Andy Flinn
You have no clue how television carriage works.
Old 2 Jan 2014, 19:45 (Ref:3349769)   #64
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
You have no clue how television carriage works.
Unfortunately it appears TUSCC and ALMS before them don't either. Their television package is like going back to the 90's when we had to beg carriers to add Speed.
Old 2 Jan 2014, 19:54 (Ref:3349772)   #65
BullMan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdave0 View Post
Unfortunately it appears TUSCC and ALMS before them don't either. Their television package is like going back to the 90's when we had to beg carriers to add Speed.
The elimination of SPEED really hurt TUSC in terms of coverage. It could not have happened at a worse time. It goes from a motorsports-only channel where they have to compete with only NASCAR to a general sports channel where they have to compete with pretty much every major sport.
Old 2 Jan 2014, 21:23 (Ref:3349814)   #66
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hear of any live streaming cameras for the Roar?
Old 2 Jan 2014, 21:56 (Ref:3349819)   #67
ACFlinn
Racer

ACFlinn is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
The elimination of SPEED really hurt TUSC in terms of coverage. It could not have happened at a worse time. It goes from a motorsports-only channel where they have to compete with only NASCAR to a general sports channel where they have to compete with pretty much every major sport.
What are you talking about?

The SPEED channel switched to the Fox Sports channel. Those subscribers (like me) with access to SPEED and coverage of the 2013 Rolex 24 and the Grand-Am will now have access to Fox Sports and coverage of the 2014 Rolex24 and the Tudor USCC.

So exactly WHAT has changed?

Andy Flinn
Old 2 Jan 2014, 22:05 (Ref:3349822)   #68
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
Zurbert82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

The SPEED channel switched to the Fox Sports channel. Those subscribers (like me) with access to SPEED and coverage of the 2013 Rolex 24 and the Grand-Am will now have access to Fox Sports and coverage of the 2014 Rolex24 and the Tudor USCC.

Andy Flinn
When Grand-Am was on Speed, it was only on Speed. Now that it will be on Fox Sports, it will also be on Fox Sports 2, which many subscribers (Comcast especially) do not get.
Old 2 Jan 2014, 22:06 (Ref:3349824)   #69
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

The SPEED channel switched to the Fox Sports channel. Those subscribers with access to SPEED and coverage of the 2013 Rolex 24 and the Grand-Am will have access to Fox Sports and coverage of the 2014 Rolex24 and the Tudor USCC.

Andy Flinn
They will have access to FS1. Not all of the races will be on FS1, and will be shoved to FS2 because FS1 is too busy showing football or a bunch of jackasses and retired athletes sitting around a table trying to remain relevant by talking about current sports and making lame jokes or whatever else is deemed more important than auto racing and in case you haven't noticed, many places don't seem to get FS2 in basic packages, or even have it available.

Sometimes it really feels like you are deliberately missing the point/issue.
Old 2 Jan 2014, 22:20 (Ref:3349826)   #70
BullMan
Veteran

Quote:

Andy Flinn
Let me help you:

It goes from a motorsports-only channel where they have to compete with only NASCAR to a general sports channel where they have to compete with pretty much every major sport.
Old 2 Jan 2014, 22:26 (Ref:3349829)   #71
ACFlinn
Racer

ACFlinn is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accident View Post
They will have access to FS1. Not all of the races will be on FS1, and will be shoved to FS2 because FS1 is too busy showing football or a bunch of jackasses and retired athletes sitting around a table trying to remain relevant by talking about current sports and making lame jokes or whatever else is deemed more important than auto racing and in case you haven't noticed, many places don't seem to get FS2 in basic packages, or even have it available.

Sometimes it really feels like you are deliberately missing the point/issue.
What IS the point?

I know complaining is fun and popular, but it seems a bit pointless an premature until we get an official TV schedule.

Andy Flinn

Last edited by ACFlinn; 2 Jan 2014 at 22:37.
Old 2 Jan 2014, 22:33 (Ref:3349830)   #72
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
Zurbert82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
What is the point?

I know complaining is fun and popular, but it seems a bit pointless until we get an official TV schedule.

Andy Flinn
I know the TV schedule has not been released, but it has been stated by IMSA that some races will be on FS2, which as I stated previously, is a different situation than all Grand-AM races being on Speed. http://www.imsa.com/imsa101/domestic-tv
Old 2 Jan 2014, 23:06 (Ref:3349846)   #73
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Just like to say thanks to all of the folks that are sending photos from the Roar! Greatly appreciated.

Really looking forward to see how this dance goes.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 00:23 (Ref:3349857)   #74
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://sportscar365.com/features/pho...rsday-gallery/
Here's some more pics!

ESM certainly has an... interesting green
Old 3 Jan 2014, 00:26 (Ref:3349859)   #75
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Just received the official IMSA invite to the Roar. Very nice graphics, layout and presentation. Was really enjoying reading until I got to the first sentence,

"The Roar Before the Rolex 24 has traditionally given “guest” drivers from the NASCAR, IndyCar and international sports car ranks the opportunity to test their new rides in preparation for the big race."

I thought the "Big Race" was the 24 Hours of Daytona! No disrespect to NASCAR, IndyCar and the rest of the world's mightiest, but, a lot of us thought this race was about international sports car endurance racing.