Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 3 Jan 2014, 00:30 (Ref:3349860)   #76
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
It's saying the Roar is the 'opportunity to test their new ride' before the 24 Hours (is; the 'big race' in question).

And there are guest drivers from NASCAR and Indycar, so I don't see an issue there?
Old 3 Jan 2014, 01:20 (Ref:3349868)   #77
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not a bad group of names above the door on the Ganassi 02:

http://johndagys.wpengine.netdna-cdn...014_222662.jpg
Old 3 Jan 2014, 01:23 (Ref:3349869)   #78
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
http://sportscar365.com/features/pho...rsday-gallery/
Here's some more pics!

ESM certainly has an... interesting green
Not my cup of tea, hopefully they add some chrome or something to contrast. You would think they would want "Patron" a little more legible?
Old 3 Jan 2014, 01:29 (Ref:3349872)   #79
jeast
Racer

jeast User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
Not my cup of tea, hopefully they add some chrome or something to contrast. You would think they would want "Patron" a little more legible?
Yeah last years was great this not so much and those stupid prototype wing colors nascar mandates are awful.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 01:31 (Ref:3349873)   #80
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeast View Post
Yeah last years was great this not so much and those stupid prototype wing colors nascar mandates are awful.
I wonder if it is influencing livery choices? The Mazda P2 are red and the Ganassi cars feature more of the target red than they have had for a while. TRG has blue on their Astons… just a few quick examples.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 01:41 (Ref:3349875)   #81
nissangtrfan
Rookie

United States
30 Miles from Road Atlanta
nissangtrfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Muscle Milk on the high banks with Nissan branding...https://mobile.twitter.com/RacerN8/m...66319673028608
Old 3 Jan 2014, 02:01 (Ref:3349878)   #82
Slowsley
Rookie

United States
Near Road Atlanta
Slowsley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do we know if the 24 will be on FS1 or FS2? I think most of us Comcast users don't have FS2. I'll be devastated if I can't watch.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 02:33 (Ref:3349882)   #83
Cuttlefish
Racer

United States
Seattle, WA
Cuttlefish should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I assume it'll be on both, bouncing back and forth as other programming comes and goes.

Some brief Googling revealed that FS1 is scheduled to show College Basketball from 2-4pm, UFC from 5pm to 8pm, more Basketball from 8pm to 10:30pm, then Supercross at 10:30pm on Saturday the 25th. Last year's race started at 3:30 PM, so that would lead me to believe that the start will either be on FS2, or pushed back until ~4:15pm for TV reasons.

My guess would be an hour on FS1 starting at 4pm, then FS2 until around midnight, then back to FS1 until whatever sport pre-empts it Sunday morning.

As a Comcast customer, I'm remaining hopeful that a streaming service will be announced.

Last edited by Cuttlefish; 3 Jan 2014 at 02:39.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 03:01 (Ref:3349884)   #84
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttlefish View Post

As a Comcast customer, I'm remaining hopeful that a streaming service will be announced.
Same here, petit was enjoyable because of the online stream while on fs2.i was hoping for a stream or a good justin tv feed, but the way it's looking this close to the race I now doubt we will get anything.

This is going to be very disappointing, and not the best way for tusc to start off with the majority o f fans unable to watch.

By the way wtf does NASCAR have to do with red mirrors,this isn't NASCAR officials making the rules for Imsa! The mirrors are annoying and confusing but it's not a NASCAR thing.this NASCAR bashing is getting old.

Last edited by Lagunaseca_4life; 3 Jan 2014 at 03:16.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 03:36 (Ref:3349886)   #85
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
"NASCAR" has always been a bigass wall to throw mud at around here; that wall got much larger last year. Bill France built a circuit that actually lends itself well to a 24 h sportscar race and is a surprisingly good place to go watch in person.

I understand there will be cars on course tomorrow. Bout damn time. Maybe we can focus on that instead of slinging mud. Probably not.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 05:04 (Ref:3349891)   #86
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
So far we haven't been privy to any info on streaming. What they have said is you can stream the races 24 hours after they appear on either FoxSports1 or FoxSports2.

http://www.imsa.com/imsa101/how-watch-faqs

"Oh where, oh where, has my SPEEDVISION gone? Oh where , oh where can it be....????

jimclark
Old 3 Jan 2014, 05:27 (Ref:3349895)   #87
jeast
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
Same here, petit was enjoyable because of the online stream while on fs2.i was hoping for a stream or a good justin tv feed, but the way it's looking this close to the race I now doubt we will get anything.

This is going to be very disappointing, and not the best way for tusc to start off with the majority o f fans unable to watch.

By the way wtf does NASCAR have to do with red mirrors,this isn't NASCAR officials making the rules for Imsa! The mirrors are annoying and confusing but it's not a NASCAR thing.this NASCAR bashing is getting old.
NASCAR owns imsa it's basically nascars road racing series somewhere between the modifieds and the trucks in terms of importance.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 07:04 (Ref:3349915)   #88
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
NASCAR owns imsa it's basically nascars road racing series somewhere between the modifieds and the trucks in terms of importance.
Yes I know that,but it isn't stock car road racing like some like to make it sound as it is.until the day there is definitive proof that NASCAR regulation officials are in Imsa and directing Imsa to creat these regs such as the mirrors and wing plates we can drop this NASCAR crap. Even NASCAR doesn't mandate silly things like that, only the drivers names on the window banner and rookie color strips on the rear bumper and maybe a few sponsor decal locations. And other series also have silly regs too that just aren't made public. **** just accept it already this isn't as bad as some thought it would turn out to be, granted it's not perfect but I'm happy so far I just hope it turns out to be better and can actually watch it.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 14:02 (Ref:3349978)   #89
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Conti tire cars should be out on the circuit for the Roar, according to my schedule. Timing isn't showing any timing tho.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 14:10 (Ref:3349982)   #90
Brownj
Racer

United States
Georgia, US
Brownj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Conti tire cars should be out on the circuit for the Roar, according to my schedule. Timing isn't showing any timing tho.
CTSCC timing is here: http://scoring.imsa.com/sportscar-challenge/
Old 3 Jan 2014, 14:20 (Ref:3349984)   #91
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownj View Post
Separate timing? Cool and thanks.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 14:21 (Ref:3349985)   #92
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
It's saying the Roar is the 'opportunity to test their new ride' before the 24 Hours (is; the 'big race' in question).

And there are guest drivers from NASCAR and Indycar, so I don't see an issue there?
Rodger, the copy is totally misleading. The Roar is not a NASCAR event and the drivers from NASCAR will not be testing their new stock cars or their new rides at the Roar before the 24. The 'big race' for these guys is the Daytona 500 and they test their new rides during Speed Weeks which lead up to the 500. Nothing against NASCAR as they should be promoting their drivers and teams as much as possible but it sounds here like the people writing the promos don't know the difference between the Roar, Speedweeks, the 24 Hours of Daytona and the Daytona 500.

The power and prowess of the NASCAR marketing machine has repeatedly been touted as a major plus for the new series. I was just pointing out that for this to be true and to be as effective as possible, they should be promoting Sports Cars, Endurance Racing and the fact that top drivers and teams from around the world and coming to Daytona.

As a footnote or add-on, they should also mention that some drivers from NASCAR, Indycar and other series are joining these top drivers from around the world as "guest drivers". No harm in doing that at all. Just don't lead your article with this news is all that I am saying.

It just seemed a bit odd that in a piece that is meant to promote sports cars, IMSA and the high level of international competition that will be competing in the upcoming historic merger of Grand Am and the American Le Mans Series seems to take second fiddle to the fact that there will be some NASCAR drivers present. All I am asking is, "Why not promote the sports cars, the Roar before the 24 and the 24 Hours of Daytona first?" There will be plenty of time later to promote Speed Weeks and the 500.

In no way is this throwing mud at NASCAR. It is meant to be constructive criticism meant to help focus the marketing power to promote the new series.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 14:25 (Ref:3349988)   #93
Disraeli Eers
Racer

United States
Parkersburg, WV
Disraeli Eers should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDisraeli Eers should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone have any team streams or any other video links for today?
Old 3 Jan 2014, 14:44 (Ref:3349998)   #94
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disraeli Eers View Post
Anyone have any team streams or any other video links for today?
Live updates from Racer.com but no video

http://www.racer.com/imsa-roar-befor...rticle/327784/
Old 3 Jan 2014, 14:57 (Ref:3350001)   #95
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post

I think the intended meaning was their new and unfamiliar 24hr rides but the language is poor and skewed toward the hype of having "name" guest drivers. It's anything goes to put butts in the stands.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 15:25 (Ref:3350013)   #96
Ginaro Zukovsky
Racer

Ginaro Zukovsky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thought I'd bring this back up for those who want the ALMS/ACO colours back in their live timing:

Code:
@-moz-document domain(scoring.imsa.com) {
.car-class-p> span { 
    background:rgb(29, 115, 203) !important;
}
.car-class-pc > span { 
    background:rgb(125, 20, 194) !important;
}
.car-class-gtlm > span { 
    background:rgb(87, 185, 52) !important;
}
.car-class-gtd> span { 
    background:rgb(233, 126, 4) !important;
}
.indicator-tire-f { 
    background:rgb(0, 0, 0) !important;
    color:#fff !important;
}
.indicator-tire-m { 
    background:rgb(29, 115, 203) !important;
    color:#fff !important;
}
}
Firefox: go to Help > Troubleshooting Information, then click on Show Folder. Go to the chrome folder, then open userContent.css (if neither are there, create them) and add the above css. Save and restart Firefox.

Chrome: go to about:version, and open the folder in the "profile path". Go to the User StyleSheets folder and open Chrome.css. Remove the first and last lines from the CSS above and add to Chrome.css, save the file - change should be visible immediately.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 15:35 (Ref:3350017)   #97
jeast
Racer

So I'm at the speedway it's freezing and the Mazda just crashed.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 15:40 (Ref:3350019)   #98
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
So I'm at the speedway it's freezing and the Mazda just crashed.
I hope the Mazda isn't hurt too bad. I've heard it is quite warm down there actually. I'm seeing reports of 42F. Sounds downright like Shorts weather compared to the -20F with windchill here this morning.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 15:43 (Ref:3350020)   #99
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
+1 on the Mazda. that's a shame. 42 with a breeze is frigid for FLA.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 15:48 (Ref:3350022)   #100
jeast
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
+1 on the Mazda. that's a shame. 42 with a breeze is frigid for FLA.
Yeah way to cold I keep going back to my car lol the Mazda didn't look to bad just some damage to the back. I got pics but won't be able to upload them to my computer until after.