Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Aug 2007, 19:03 (Ref:1984280)   #26
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Spritle]Bourdais, the next DeMatta...guaranteed!

I agree partly, i think Christiano was a better driver than Seb, i also think he was given short change by Totota, i have said it before but i think Seb is one of the most overated drivers of recent times, he will stay for one year, get trounced by Vettel, be complaining about other drivers by mid season and then sulk off back to the states and do NASCAR anyway, this is a bad move by STR in my opinion.
Old 8 Aug 2007, 20:18 (Ref:1984340)   #27
mp356a
Veteran

United States
SE PA USA
mp356a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where is the announcement?
Old 8 Aug 2007, 20:25 (Ref:1984345)   #28
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Fletche
Everyone knows that the problem with STR is not the drivers or the car. Both have proven themselves elsewhere. The problem is the management, which is not so proven.
STR with a Fernando/Kimi/Michael would be doing better than they have done so far, so, the drivers have to take some of the blame.
Old 8 Aug 2007, 20:28 (Ref:1984350)   #29
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Vettel and Bourdais is a very strong line up. The car just has to be good which it will as it'll be the '07 rb chassis.
Old 8 Aug 2007, 21:12 (Ref:1984407)   #30
nycuk
Veteran

England
Banbury, Oxfordshire, England
nycuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by climb
Let me say I'm not happy at all for both drivers involved:
- For Liuzzi cos he doesn't deserve to be fired
- For Bourdais cos such an experienced driver would have deserved a better team.
Totally agree.

Liuzzi deserves MUCH better, as does Scott IMO.

Bourdais? It's his only route into F1 so good luck to him, but I think he will struggle to the extent that his reputation will suffer.
Old 8 Aug 2007, 21:34 (Ref:1984424)   #31
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V
STR with a Fernando/Kimi/Michael would be doing better than they have done so far, so, the drivers have to take some of the blame.
Is there a point to that? Fernando/Kimi/Michael would do better than most racing drivers in the world if they stepped into any car. We're talking about Vettel, Bourdais, Speed and Liuzzi here, not Fernando, Kimi and Michael.
Old 8 Aug 2007, 22:06 (Ref:1984463)   #32
Gore
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Gore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
I think Vettel and Bourdais is a very strong line up. The car just has to be good which it will as it'll be the '07 rb chassis.
But isn't the '07 STR also the '07 RB chassis? I've been amazed this year at how STR have managed to prove that car need not be the primary determinant of performance in F1...
Old 9 Aug 2007, 01:43 (Ref:1984563)   #33
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
STR are always going to be on the back foot technically compared to RBR so long as theyre using a different engine. They'll always be the ones having to make the compromises.
Old 9 Aug 2007, 04:01 (Ref:1984600)   #34
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Then maybe next year they should just run a couple of 2008 Ferrari's and be done with it....
And Toyota can run a 2008 Williams badged as a Toyota.....
Old 9 Aug 2007, 04:05 (Ref:1984601)   #35
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its not as simple as saying that, Ferrari have to want to sell STR their chassis. Even then, will they want to sell them the current chassis?
Old 9 Aug 2007, 04:06 (Ref:1984602)   #36
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Under the customer car rules it would be much simpler for alliances to be built up and the major manufacturers like Toyota, who seem to sruggle with the chassis, supply engines in exchange for chassis.
They run one test team between them and save the dosh for engine developments....

STR can run RBR's with a different engine but if its going to cost them time why not just take the whole car. A ferrari B team run by a former Ferrari GP winner acting as a second (development) team.
Old 9 Aug 2007, 07:35 (Ref:1984674)   #37
Eurosnob
Rookie

Eurosnob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't see the confusion over the names.

One is called Sebasti*n (whichever spelling it is today).

The other is called SeaBass, or haven't y'all been listening to the CC commentators. Just ask Bobby D :-)

Cheers y'all!
Old 9 Aug 2007, 21:54 (Ref:1985178)   #38
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No, it is totally confusing and they will never work around it.

Honestly people!

This should be good then if it's all finalised. Welcome to the shark pool Seabass.
Old 10 Aug 2007, 07:46 (Ref:1985329)   #39
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
What they need to do is term them Seb 1 and Seb 2. Seb 1 shall be determined by the drawing of lots before the first race, and to be fair they shall each swap between Seb 1 and Seb 2 on alternate sessions, unless one of them doesn't get more than three laps in which case they shall keep their appropriate designations until the next session in which each gets three laps. If one crashes out then he shall be Seb 2 as a punishment for the next session, unless the other crashes as well in which case there will be a coin toss to determine who draws lots first to be Seb 1.