Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Jul 2007, 14:20 (Ref:1959713)   #26
Chewie-1990
Racer

United Kingdom
Chewie-1990 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.italiaracing.net/notizia.asp?id=15534&cat=1

Is there a Spa test today? If so we'll know the replacement very soon. According to this Vettel may be in the frame too
Old 10 Jul 2007, 14:40 (Ref:1959737)   #27
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i hoping for Karthikeyan, i miss the guy and he is unfortunatly being underused by Williams.

Klien would be great choice, but Honda have too much work to do to be without him as a tester, and with Button still having back trouble and their use of Klien for last fridays practice, Honda needs his services more than Williams' need NK.

its all just wishful thinking on my part, but NK is just a natural fit for Spyker
Old 10 Jul 2007, 14:58 (Ref:1959755)   #28
Red Bulldog
Racer

Canada
Beaver Bank, NS
Red Bulldog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a risky drive to take on, in order to get noticed the driver would have to out perform Sutil, quite a task for anyone. Could end someones F1 career before it starts.
Old 10 Jul 2007, 15:36 (Ref:1959784)   #29
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Put Bruno Senna into the seat. More media hype for Spyker and Bruno may offer some chips at the big table.
Old 10 Jul 2007, 15:40 (Ref:1959789)   #30
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm unsure that Senna is ready. A talented driver with understandably rusty edges due to his lack of experience.
Old 10 Jul 2007, 15:53 (Ref:1959803)   #31
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kliens father denies that he has talked to Spyker and says Christian is'nt interested(we have a good deal at Honda)
Old 10 Jul 2007, 15:54 (Ref:1959805)   #32
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor
Put Bruno Senna into the seat. More media hype for Spyker and Bruno may offer some chips at the big table.
I listened to saturday's GP2 race on the radio and watched sunday's race, and i have to say, i was totally unimpressed by Bruno. He would be way out of his depth if he were given the Spyker drive.
Old 10 Jul 2007, 15:57 (Ref:1959807)   #33
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I thought Bruno was very good on Saturday. I think he would have overtaken the driver ahead of him (didn't catch his name) had he not had a slide at Club (right before my eyes no less) and lost time. Didn't catch te Sunday race though.
Old 10 Jul 2007, 15:57 (Ref:1959808)   #34
mp356a
Veteran

United States
SE PA USA
mp356a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Love to see Glock back in F1 but maybe not in a Spyker.
Old 10 Jul 2007, 16:13 (Ref:1959821)   #35
Adri_tifosi
Veteran

Spain
Jerez
Adri_tifosi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen
Kliens father denies that he has talked to Spyker and says Christian is'nt interested(we have a good deal at Honda)
According to press , Klien was at Spyker factory on Monday
Old 10 Jul 2007, 16:51 (Ref:1959853)   #36
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce
I thought Bruno was very good on Saturday. I think he would have overtaken the driver ahead of him (didn't catch his name) had he not had a slide at Club (right before my eyes no less) and lost time. Didn't catch te Sunday race though.
He's not ready yet. The guy's quick there's no doubt but he still needs more time to hone racecraft and strategy stuff. Coming into F1 too ealry would ruin his career.

Although I don't rate him, Klien would be sensible and perhaps provide a more useful barometer to Sutil?

But i'd rather see someone come in 'new' to F1 racing. Might as well be Winklehock, he's linked to the team already.
Old 10 Jul 2007, 16:53 (Ref:1959856)   #37
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycuk
It could still be possible for Glock to do both - Jean Alesi drove the second half of the 1989 F1 season for Tyrrell and still managed to win the F3000 title. I think he missed two GP's, Johnny Herbert subbed for him on each occasion.

F3000 was'nt on the same bill in those days though.
Old 10 Jul 2007, 16:56 (Ref:1959860)   #38
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't see Glock or Senna in the seat; both seem content to build up a reputation in GP2, then move into F1 at a higher level than Spyker (whilst it is true that a driver can use a poor car to build a reputation, there is always a risk one can get stuck in a back of the grid car and not progress to the front). That said, Klien would be a sensible (if perhaps uninspiring) choice, however, Spyker require money and it is possible that Klien is unable to provide much given that Red Bull have traditionally supported his career.

This I suspect leaves van der Garde (who has money, but no superlicence) or Markus Winklehock, who I imagine would get the drive.
Old 10 Jul 2007, 17:03 (Ref:1959867)   #39
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Back to the homeland of Scotland!
rcarr has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Verstappen? Jos the Boss always a super-sub! Why would Klien go to a Ferrari engined team when he is under contract with Honda? I could see Gene or Badoer going across. Bruno Senna would be good but only for publicity, not good for his career, he needs to go in with a top team.

Timo Glock won't go across from GP2, he has too much to lose!
Old 10 Jul 2007, 17:08 (Ref:1959872)   #40
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
The way modern F1 is, there is no way that a driver could race in another series on top of his F1 program. Absolutely no way. It's a 24/7 occupation these days.
Old 10 Jul 2007, 17:21 (Ref:1959881)   #41
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarr
I could see Gene or Badoer going across. !
As it would appear that Spyker dropped Albers due to non payment of sponsorship monies, I suspect that any replacement would need to pay a reasonable sum of money to secure the seat. I doubt that Ferrari would be willing to pay for Badoer or Gene to take the seat, however, I suppose it is possible that a reduction in engine bills could be arranged, if there is sufficient inclination on the part of Ferrari.
Old 10 Jul 2007, 17:22 (Ref:1959883)   #42
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
F1 would be a big gamble for Glock, but he's spent a long time on the fringes of F1 and might never get another chance. It depends how good he thinks Sutil is, because any experienced driver taking the seat would be expected to beat him immediately, without much testing. The team's best bet might be to go for the biggest budget avaialble, and concentrate primarily on Sutil.
Old 10 Jul 2007, 19:34 (Ref:1960012)   #43
Adri_tifosi
Veteran

Spain
Jerez
Adri_tifosi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gene is running Le Mans Series with Peugeot , why he will prefer race with Spyker?
Old 10 Jul 2007, 19:46 (Ref:1960026)   #44
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adri_tifosi
According to press , Klien was at Spyker factory on Monday
his father says that is nonsense.
Old 10 Jul 2007, 20:28 (Ref:1960061)   #45
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spyker could do worse than give Piquet Jr a try....
Old 10 Jul 2007, 20:37 (Ref:1960070)   #46
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Then again, Piquet Jr could do better than give the Spyker a try.
Old 10 Jul 2007, 21:14 (Ref:1960116)   #47
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Can't understand the Klien talk. If he drives for Honda, and Spyker are causing Honda grief with the Super Aguri claims, why would they lend a driver?

van der Garde's their testy right alongside Winkelhock? Surely it'll be him to keep the sponsors happy.
Old 10 Jul 2007, 21:17 (Ref:1960121)   #48
Chewie-1990
Racer

United Kingdom
Chewie-1990 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good point about Klien, that doesnt make sense, but if hes bringing money then Im sure they will overlook it. As I posted before, italiaracing.net said that Albers' replacement would test today at Spa, does that mean its van de Garde then?
Old 10 Jul 2007, 22:05 (Ref:1960179)   #49
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
GPUpdate, (the site with the most incredible dutch bias), reports Albers is looking at legal action.

I'd expect Albers to crawl back to the DTM to be honest.
Old 10 Jul 2007, 22:17 (Ref:1960190)   #50
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
GrandPrix.com says it's between Karthikeyan and Piquet.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns19398.html