Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Jul 2007, 14:26 (Ref:1974016)   #126
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Yes, his Nationality is un-important. He got the drive because he has finance, and has proved to be a competent F1 driver.
Old 26 Jul 2007, 14:56 (Ref:1974047)   #127
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans
Yes, his Nationality is un-important. He got the drive because he has finance, and has proved to be a competent F1 driver.
But less so in GP2. Q.E.D., GP2 is better than F1!
Old 26 Jul 2007, 15:12 (Ref:1974076)   #128
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen
Spyker will also have a new sponsor: Easycar rental (but that is'nt confirmed yet)
In fact the new sponsor they have is Sanho Human Services, that you could see in the front bottom of Yamamoto's helmet in the pic from the link above.
Old 26 Jul 2007, 16:17 (Ref:1974138)   #129
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Didn't Heidfeld shout at Yamamoto last year about something thinking that he was Sato?!
Old 26 Jul 2007, 16:28 (Ref:1974148)   #130
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer
Didn't Heidfeld shout at Yamamoto last year about something thinking that he was Sato?!
Yes, bring Yamamoto to tears no less. Nick did apologise for his mistake though. The video of the argument used to be on YouTube.
Old 27 Jul 2007, 06:06 (Ref:1974536)   #131
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He brings $22 million dollars. Man, that's a lot of money to be driving around the back in a Spyker. Where did the money come from BTW?

I think it might calculate at something like 30 grand a lap or something....
Old 27 Jul 2007, 07:39 (Ref:1974560)   #132
DSM
Veteran

DSM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl
didnt see that one coming. did anyone pick that as an option?
anyways im glad for him for getting another crack at F1.

also not sure what his nationality has to do with it, this was a choice that came down to a combination of timing, money, and ability. i mean really, someone had to get the seat, either you think its a good choice or you dont, that should be enough.

Must have been prefect timing or an AWFUL lot of money then...............
Old 27 Jul 2007, 08:34 (Ref:1974591)   #133
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
22 million? Holy crap. That is an outrageous amount of money.

Surely that is a pay-driver record?
Old 27 Jul 2007, 09:06 (Ref:1974612)   #134
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by darcym
Another garbage Jap driver.......great. Just what the grid needs.

Comments of this type regarding a driver's nationality are not welcome on this form, and frankly, have nothing to do with the discussion.
Old 27 Jul 2007, 10:04 (Ref:1974649)   #135
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola
In fact the new sponsor they have is Sanho Human Services, that you could see in the front bottom of Yamamoto's helmet in the pic from the link above.
I know, it was meant sarcastic
Old 3 Aug 2007, 10:41 (Ref:1979769)   #136
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya
Comments of this type regarding a driver's nationality are not welcome on this form, and frankly, have nothing to do with the discussion.
????? This is not a racist thing.

We now have on the grid another 3rd rate japanese driver who is on the grid due to $$$$.

I cannot think of a Japanese driver of any quality that has acheived any results in F1 or lasted any legnth of time in F1 due to skill. I hope thats better worded for you.

The comment is "Great, another driver from Japan, which as a nationality has never proved any real sustainable tallent in F1 that I can think of"

Which todays early practice times (admitly not really reflecting true pace) provide an early sign that he will be off the pace....again.
Old 3 Aug 2007, 10:55 (Ref:1979783)   #137
WapFlap
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
WapFlap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aguri Suzuki wasn't bad. Takuma Sato is doing okay.
Old 3 Aug 2007, 12:31 (Ref:1979841)   #138
darcym
Veteran

they are not "merrit" F1 drivers though,

Sato had to have a team created for him.

Thats not to say he can't drive his overall package just doesn't appear to fit into F1.

There are some big Sato fans and I admit to not being one of them, however I'm not a anti-sato either.

In my view Japan has not created and drivers who warrent being in F1 for any other reason than marketing and $$ so by this I mean "great another no good Japanese driver joining F1 for financial/marketing reasons"

Yes there could be a "not so good" german or rubbish brit, but there has never been a "wow" jap driver.

I hope that clears up my commnent a little.
Old 3 Aug 2007, 15:34 (Ref:1979946)   #139
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiorentina 1
He brings $22 million dollars. Man, that's a lot of money to be driving around the back in a Spyker. Where did the money come from BTW?

If these are the numbers, it looks rather expensive for the drive. It seems to be an agreement between Super Aguri and Spyker, where the first helps financially the other, renting a drive for its reserve driver, but with a clause where there will be no more accusations to the legality of SA chassis.

After that, the van der Garde affair et al, it's nice to see a happy ending between SA and Spyker. Hope that McLaren and Ferrari could do the same.
Old 3 Aug 2007, 20:06 (Ref:1980107)   #140
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelH
and I think it's nuts to suggest he'll be more than 1.5sec away from Sutil. He won't.
Are you sure about this? His pace to date has been over 1.5 seconds behind Sutil, and I think that will remain. I will add that this is exactly what I thought pre race-weekend.

Last edited by Dutton; 3 Aug 2007 at 20:12.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 09:53 (Ref:1980341)   #141
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Rick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
.1 at the moment (6 mins left Sat Practice)
Old 5 Aug 2007, 17:27 (Ref:1981768)   #142
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiorentina 1

Im sorry but whats your source on that? As frankly i think those figures are way out. For less than half a season id look at around $6 million at a push

Silly mistake today from Yam, proving his critics right. I thought he had picked up at least a stray point in GP2, but saw the standings today and he was on Zero. I know its all about money, but i would have liked to have seen Klien in the car

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 6 Aug 2007, 10:57 (Ref:1982378)   #143
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
outside of Hamilton and Rosberg, for reputation-in-the-paddock I'm sure Sutil can't believe just how well this season has gone for him. Having Yamamoot in the other car will just add to that reputation. Interesting to see how he gets on with the updated car...
Old 8 Aug 2007, 10:31 (Ref:1983901)   #144
darcym
Veteran

probably 1.52 seconds of Sutil - rather than 1.5 dead.