Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Jul 2007, 22:29 (Ref:1966127)   #1
Bluewolf
Racer

United States
Woodland Hills California
Bluewolf has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
One Toro Rosso Seat down -- One to go???

It looks like the Bourdais deal is done except for signing the contract

http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlin...17100541.shtml

The question now is -- who will go?? Or is it a moot point because Vettel has also been praised by Berger and might be in line for a possible seat in '08?

The Champ car series needs more American drivers so Speed is likely to land there {and perhaps even at NH} but where will Liuzzi go if he loses his seat??? ---- hmmmm.
Old 17 Jul 2007, 22:59 (Ref:1966145)   #2
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Heidfeld holds the key, bizarrely. If he stays with BMW Sauber, then Vettel is almost certain to partner Bourdais at STR. If he switches to Toyota, then Vettel would be in line for his seat at BMW, which might just save Liuzzi's STR career.
Old 17 Jul 2007, 23:02 (Ref:1966149)   #3
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
If Heidfeld were to switch to Toyota, that would indeed be bizarre.
Old 17 Jul 2007, 23:17 (Ref:1966153)   #4
Bluewolf
Racer

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider
If Heidfeld were to switch to Toyota, that would indeed be bizarre.
It would be except for one thing -- Will Toyota write a check to Heidfeld that will have an absolutely frightening amount of zeroes on it? If so, Nick is gone.
Old 18 Jul 2007, 02:56 (Ref:1966219)   #5
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I dont think nick would sell out for dollars. I think he has ridden the bmw wave of success up to now (and been a large part of it) and it's just about to peak. Next season, bmw is the hot seat to have imo.

STR will be the 2 sebs. speed and liuzzi out....

speed will race off to champ car.

liuzzi will end up at honda to test for a year.

honda will sign someone else to replace rubens, and from 2009-2015, liuzzi will be ferrari test driver, ala badoer.

</wild stab in the dark prediction>
Old 18 Jul 2007, 03:17 (Ref:1966226)   #6
ThePenguin
Veteran

United States
United States
ThePenguin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketracer
speed will race off to champ car.
If Speed decides that he has had enough F1 that is probably where he will go, and he should have a very easy time getting a seat there. If he decides that he wants to stay in F1 he may try to get a job as a test driver, or possibly go to GP2, to build his way back up to F1, to try to get onto a better team.
Old 18 Jul 2007, 04:07 (Ref:1966237)   #7
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
To be honest I would get rid of Weber first! He is soooooo overrated! There are a lot of Red Bull young stars around; Vetel, Zuber, Albuquerque, etc. Put Bourdais at Red Bull, where he could actually challenge for points and put one or two new young guns in Toro Rosso. Who should go, Speed or Luizi? That's a tough one, I like both. I would hate to see Speed out of F1.
Old 18 Jul 2007, 04:52 (Ref:1966247)   #8
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RBR has its two drivers contracted. If they were wanting to premote the STR guys they could have not signed DC, the only other possibiliy is if they do a swap with someone (Toyota or Renault, isn't Fisi out of contract?) for Weber, but all indications are that both parties are happy pushing forward to 2008.
Stranger things have happened though... much stranger things
Old 18 Jul 2007, 04:56 (Ref:1966250)   #9
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiorentina 1
To be honest I would get rid of Weber first! He is soooooo overrated! There are a lot of Red Bull young stars around; Vetel, Zuber, Albuquerque, etc. Put Bourdais at Red Bull, where he could actually challenge for points and put one or two new young guns in Toro Rosso. Who should go, Speed or Luizi? That's a tough one, I like both. I would hate to see Speed out of F1.
I didnt think Willi Weber had a seat?
Old 18 Jul 2007, 05:21 (Ref:1966257)   #10
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
If Speed decides that he has had enough F1 that is probably where he will go, and he should have a very easy time getting a seat there. If he decides that he wants to stay in F1 he may try to get a job as a test driver, or possibly go to GP2, to build his way back up to F1, to try to get onto a better team.

I doubt Speed will have a say in the matter. I'm sure Berger and STR will decide if Speed stays.
Old 18 Jul 2007, 06:17 (Ref:1966269)   #11
Bluewolf
Racer

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GTHO
I didnt think Willi Weber had a seat?
And if he does have a seat -- can he fit in the car???
Old 18 Jul 2007, 11:31 (Ref:1966462)   #12
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great that Bourdais will finally get a chance in F1, a full 5 years after he nearly ended up at Arrows. He's proved himself in the US and in F3000 before that.

ChampCar needs US drivers more than F1 does, especially if there's no USGP from now on, so Speed probably won't be missed - and I'm not sure he'll truly miss F1. Liuzzi has underperformed so far, showing speed but not consistency, maybe a year of testing can turn him around.
Old 18 Jul 2007, 12:50 (Ref:1966529)   #13
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
With the current testing restrictions, unless they become more favourable to 3rd drivers, thats unlikely to do him any good.
Old 18 Jul 2007, 14:45 (Ref:1966596)   #14
billiaml
Racer

United States
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, USA
billiaml should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't be surprised to see RB move Speed over to champcar. Didn't they try to move Klien over to champcar @ the beginning of this season, when Allemdingher moved to NASCAR?

I'd love to see Bourdais get a shot @ F1. Of course, the better the car he has underneath him, the more I'd like it, tho
Old 18 Jul 2007, 15:56 (Ref:1966641)   #15
dcp2685
Veteran

dcp2685 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiaml
I wouldn't be surprised to see RB move Speed over to champcar. Didn't they try to move Klien over to champcar @ the beginning of this season, when Allemdingher moved to NASCAR?

I'd love to see Bourdais get a shot @ F1. Of course, the better the car he has underneath him, the more I'd like it, tho
Agreed. Bourdais is an interesting guy. The way i see it, if he beats his teammate then it'll show he's generally a good talent. If he doesn't, it shows the talent in Champ Car is WAY overrated.

What'll it be?
Old 18 Jul 2007, 17:09 (Ref:1966684)   #16
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcp2685
Agreed. Bourdais is an interesting guy. The way i see it, if he beats his teammate then it'll show he's generally a good talent. If he doesn't, it shows the talent in Champ Car is WAY overrated.

What'll it be?
I hope it works. You don't win multiple championships if you are rubbish, but as you say he will be compared to his team mate.

I still don't know where to place Champ Car in terms of talent. Justin Wilson didn't disgrace himself in F1 and has become a Champ Car front runner, but the majority of the field is so erratic it's difficult to know, apart from Bordais who else you would thinking of putting in an F1 car.
Old 18 Jul 2007, 17:10 (Ref:1966685)   #17
billiaml
Racer

United States
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, USA
billiaml should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I suppose we'll find out next year
Old 18 Jul 2007, 18:00 (Ref:1966726)   #18
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Speed will head to Champcar, it looks very likely. A nice addition to that series.

Liuzzi will hit unemployment and frequent bars across the world. Or something. I have no idea honestly.
Old 18 Jul 2007, 18:05 (Ref:1966733)   #19
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Raine
I hope it works. You don't win multiple championships if you are rubbish, but as you say he will be compared to his team mate.

I still don't know where to place Champ Car in terms of talent. Justin Wilson didn't disgrace himself in F1 and has become a Champ Car front runner, but the majority of the field is so erratic it's difficult to know, apart from Bordais who else you would thinking of putting in an F1 car.
Wilson, Power, Bourdais and Dornbos would be a few names i'd suggest if they werent simply put in the car and told to drive i.e. theyre given time to adapt. Dornbos had a few races replacing Klien and didnt seem to make much of it, and he's matching himself against Bourdais, but you can see with him that his F1 experience wasnt what you'd call an accurate gauge.
Old 18 Jul 2007, 20:09 (Ref:1966855)   #20
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcp2685

What'll it be?
The latter i think.