Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Aug 2007, 13:44 (Ref:1980553)   #101
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's only Vettel's second day in this car and team, I think Luizzi was gonna beat him comfortably...

It was mentioned that Luizzi might head off to Williams as a tester/racer next year. Any further news on this? A year away from the limelight with an experienced team would do him good I think. He won the F3000 title hands down, he does have the talent he just needs to get it all together...
Old 4 Aug 2007, 13:46 (Ref:1980556)   #102
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Vettel struggled for sure, but to be expected really.

Liuzzi did appear to wake up but I hardly think this is compensation for the F1 career that preceded today!
Old 4 Aug 2007, 13:59 (Ref:1980594)   #103
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
There's the thing he hasn't really had one yet has he!

Mainly because he's been driving rubbish cars and overdriving them into oblivion either breaking them, crashing them and making a mess of a great talent.

When he was doing regular tests for RBR 3 years ago or whatever, he looked very good indeed. I still think RBR should've signed him not DC.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 14:02 (Ref:1980596)   #104
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm no DC fan (extremely far from it!) but I'd have him over Liuzzi.

You will get some results with DC. With Liuzzi, I do not know. It depends if he can be bothered.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 14:59 (Ref:1980631)   #105
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
The Speed TV announcers indicated also that there would be an announcement after this weekend regarding Scott Speed's status with STR and Red Bull.

I found it really odd that they let Scott test, then relased him to bring in Vettel. It would have been fair to Vettel at least to bring him in for the test so he would at leat know where the cupholders are in the car...
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 15:02 (Ref:1980633)   #106
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whilst I feel that Vettel make a fair few mistakes in qualifying, I don't think it is fair to make too many judgements on his performances given his relatively little running in the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce
It was mentioned that Luizzi might head off to Williams as a tester/racer next year. Any further news on this? A year away from the limelight with an experienced team would do him good I think. He won the F3000 title hands down, he does have the talent he just needs to get it all together...
I'm not sure if he would go to Williams; the team tested him some time ago and nothing came of it and I don't think he has improved significantly beyond that point. That said, a season testing a top car could be a good thing in helping his career progress.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 19:08 (Ref:1980850)   #107
Bluewolf
Racer

United States
Woodland Hills California
Bluewolf has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
From what I've heard Liuzzi is already gone -- Liuzzi isn't running to save his career at STR, he's running to find another spot with another team -- And Vettels qualifying 20th today may just be the beginning of Scott Speed being vindicated -- Although I agree we can't judge Vettel yet it's way to early -- but at least we're getting the beginnings of an indicatian that Scott is a really good driver {he outqualified Liuzzi in his last 3 races} and that STR is a mess. I believe Vettel will get better versus Liuzzi but we don't know if he's as good as Scott or Tonio -- we do know that he's going to waste the rest of this year and the 21st year of his life with one of the worst teams in Formula 1. ---------- I hope Scott lands on his feet somewhere and that Tonio gets a chance with a real team.
Old 5 Aug 2007, 15:35 (Ref:1981667)   #108
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Well today Vettel was running a few seconds ahead of Liuzzi when the Italian conked (yawn, again....)

So on that basis he turned his qualy around quite impressively.

I noted Brundle's ghostwritten column in 'The Sunday Times' suggesting Vettel has been good but nothing spectacular (or something) in his career to date.

Brundle's always seemed a shrewd jugde of talent, even noticing ability in those who don't actually get the chance to win things. I'm not sure he's on the mark with this summary though?
Old 5 Aug 2007, 15:37 (Ref:1981668)   #109
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Well Vettel hasn't exploded onto the scene exactly. So maybe Martin is right in that sense.

We shall see in due course.
Old 5 Aug 2007, 15:55 (Ref:1981697)   #110
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Well, IMO, a lot of people were OTT with his Indy showing. He was respectable enough, but far from great (which a fair few seemed to think he was).

He has started his STR run well, and should, theoretically, do nowt but improve.
Old 5 Aug 2007, 16:33 (Ref:1981736)   #111
Steril707
Rookie

Steril707 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's interesting how Vettel gets lots of the attention of the german media that was directed at Sutil before. After todays race they didnt even bother to interview Sutil on german TV.
Old 5 Aug 2007, 17:18 (Ref:1981763)   #112
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought Vettel had a decent career so far, he dominated Formula BMW. He was easing ahead in the World Series up until he got this drive, and he was good at Indianapolis earlier this year. Im impressed by Vettel. Very steady drive today. We know what the car is capable of (not alot). I think he will be happy to finish his first race with Toro Rosso.

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant