Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Aug 2007, 12:48 (Ref:1978202)   #1
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Damon Hill joins James Allen to commentate on Hungarian GP...

Damon will replace Brundle for this race.

My opinion, they replaced the wrong guy...

Still, should be good to hear Damon again, ive not heard the guy speak in years.
Old 1 Aug 2007, 12:51 (Ref:1978207)   #2
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=40217

Martin's on holidays again, like last year when Ant commentated. He usually has a race off every year

Good to see they have the Ringmeister in the box. The Hungaroringmeister, obviously
Old 1 Aug 2007, 12:54 (Ref:1978213)   #3
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Its a shame they couldn't put Allen on a permenant holiday...
Old 1 Aug 2007, 12:57 (Ref:1978217)   #4
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lol.

The thing is going to a Gp weekend as your only job and traveling the world is a holiday!

Oh well but Damon will be good.
Old 1 Aug 2007, 13:42 (Ref:1978246)   #5
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I don't ever remember Damon Hill being that good as a commentator, I hope I am proved wrong.
Old 1 Aug 2007, 13:50 (Ref:1978251)   #6
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, the cynic in me is expecting him to mention at least once that F1 was better when he was in it
Old 1 Aug 2007, 14:02 (Ref:1978255)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmm,

I'll have to see if someone can record this for me. I'd like to hear his comments.

I doubt if there'll be any "Oh Martin what have you done?" comments.
Old 1 Aug 2007, 14:05 (Ref:1978258)   #8
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A pleasent change, whether it's for the better I don't know.

If Murrey Walker is still doing the commentry on Radio 5 live then i'll have that on with ITV on mute.
Old 1 Aug 2007, 14:14 (Ref:1978264)   #9
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Brundle choosing to skip Hungary, which is a dull race anyway, is frankly a form of torture. I suppose he chooses it as his one race off because a) it can't be the best location to visit, and b) it's during the school holidays, but not a brilliant track. Damon could be okay, he's done very little to do with racing since he retired.
Old 1 Aug 2007, 14:35 (Ref:1978287)   #10
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Didn't Damon do F1 Digital commentary? Or was that just a one-off race?
Old 1 Aug 2007, 16:13 (Ref:1978351)   #11
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Didn't Damon do F1 Digital commentary?
I think he was a studio analyst.

Quote:
If Murrey Walker is still doing the commentry on Radio 5 live then i'll have that on with ITV on mute.
He's not. That was a one-off.
Old 1 Aug 2007, 16:47 (Ref:1978372)   #12
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should be interesting. One of the best champions F1 ever had. Doubt Button will win, maybe Lewis?

While we are on the subject of Damon, for anyone who missed it Paul Kimmage did an excellent interview with him back in May:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle1782099.ece
Old 1 Aug 2007, 17:36 (Ref:1978411)   #13
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
WOW! what a great interview. thanks for the link
Old 1 Aug 2007, 17:41 (Ref:1978415)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

This will be interesting. A truly intelligent, analytical person teamed with a loud vegetable. Oh wait, that happens every race doesn't it?

Damon was a great studio analyst on F1 Digital, talking through the race with whoever happened to be with him in the studio. It was always a hard choice between this and the excellent commentary supplied by Ben and Wattie.
Old 1 Aug 2007, 18:38 (Ref:1978457)   #15
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It'll be interesting to hear how he differs to Brundle. Hill can be quite opinionated but he is always honest.
Old 1 Aug 2007, 19:20 (Ref:1978491)   #16
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1manoz
Hill can be quite opinionated but he is always honest.
He'll probably settle in by saying what a dump the Hungaroring is.

And think of something witty to say every time James 'Lllleeewwwiiisss' Allen mentions that little known fact that it is the tenth anniversary of him almost winning the Hungarian GP.

Last edited by Marbot; 1 Aug 2007 at 19:22.
Old 1 Aug 2007, 23:33 (Ref:1978667)   #17
pottiella
Veteran

pottiella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1manoz
It'll be interesting to hear how he differs to Brundle. Hill can be quite opinionated but he is always honest.
...and fickle...
Old 2 Aug 2007, 09:48 (Ref:1978910)   #18
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
He'll probably settle in by saying what a dump the Hungaroring is.
He always enjoyed this track actually, one of the few who has.

Quote:
And think of something witty to say every time James 'Lllleeewwwiiisss' Allen mentions that little known fact that it is the tenth anniversary of him almost winning the Hungarian GP.
Oh, gosh, that race, that hurt, that really hurt!
Old 2 Aug 2007, 10:52 (Ref:1978961)   #19
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pottiella
...and fickle...
not dogmatic.
Old 2 Aug 2007, 10:56 (Ref:1978964)   #20
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm looking forward to it. I've a lot of respect for Damon Hill. I just hope he can keep James Allen under control!
Old 2 Aug 2007, 11:45 (Ref:1979001)   #21
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
The thing is going to a Gp weekend as your only job and traveling the world is a holiday!
I bet there's actually a lot more work involved than you'd think. Plus, it isn't Brundle's only job. He runs his won driver management company (2MB) with Martin Brundle. They manage Gary Paffett and Sam Bird, amongst others.
Old 2 Aug 2007, 12:02 (Ref:1979013)   #22
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans
I bet there's actually a lot more work involved than you'd think. Plus, it isn't Brundle's only job. He runs his won driver management company (2MB) with Martin Brundle. They manage Gary Paffett and Sam Bird, amongst others.
Is he still involved with DC?
Old 2 Aug 2007, 12:21 (Ref:1979025)   #23
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Raine
I think he is actually,he recently got Coulthard a new one year deal with RB.He's probably spending some of the proceeds on the Donkeys in Blackpool as I type this.
Old 2 Aug 2007, 13:14 (Ref:1979058)   #24
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Raine
Yes, I knew I'd forgotten someone obvious!
Old 2 Aug 2007, 22:08 (Ref:1979434)   #25
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I'll wait and see, but I'm not expecting Hill to match Brundle.

On the other hand Bones (sorry, Ant) was brilliant last year. Maybe if he retires early this year due to some Super Angry misfortune he could leg it up to the commentary box and join the team?