Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Aug 2007, 22:20 (Ref:1979448)   #26
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm not expecting him to be a great commentator. It's his first proper attempt. The Sky stuff was more chat while the race was on because we had Ben and Sonic for the main commentary. Whatever it will be great to have him there, especially as it is Hungary ('93 and '97).
Old 2 Aug 2007, 22:40 (Ref:1979468)   #27
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
The Sky stuff was more chat while the race was on
Spent most of his time taking the mickey out of Perry's pit stop stratergies iirc.
Old 2 Aug 2007, 22:56 (Ref:1979487)   #28
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It bodes well then!
Old 2 Aug 2007, 22:59 (Ref:1979492)   #29
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Although Perry was vindicated after Michael's 4 stopper at Magny-Cours
Old 2 Aug 2007, 23:29 (Ref:1979509)   #30
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They should have given James Allen a break instead of Brundle. For good !!!.
Old 2 Aug 2007, 23:44 (Ref:1979515)   #31
pottiella
Veteran

pottiella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreversideways
They should have given James Allen a break instead of Brundle. For good !!!.
As I just said on another thread, we can't blame Brundle - I mean surely we can't expect him to be able to commentate 1 full continuous season next to JA without taking a break from him?
Old 2 Aug 2007, 23:47 (Ref:1979517)   #32
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's also the 14th Ann. of him practically lapping the field in '93.

Isn't it funny about how we don't remember Damon for the highs, but only for the lows?

Poor Damon. I'm sure he cries himself to sleep ontop of his money with his wife and kids and his F1 Drivers Championship Trophy.
Old 3 Aug 2007, 00:09 (Ref:1979527)   #33
pottiella
Veteran

pottiella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazza

Isn't it funny about how we don't remember Damon for the highs, but only for the lows?
lol you're not british are you?
Old 3 Aug 2007, 00:58 (Ref:1979535)   #34
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Raine
I just hope he can keep James Allen under control!
Someone send Damon a roll of Duct Tape. That shoud fix it.
Old 3 Aug 2007, 01:53 (Ref:1979546)   #35
Peter Ford
Racer

Australia
Adelaide, south Australia
Peter Ford should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It will be interesting to see what comments Hill will come up with.
Old 3 Aug 2007, 01:55 (Ref:1979547)   #36
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I am sure one or two will relate to his championship win and how many races he won.
Old 3 Aug 2007, 09:22 (Ref:1979720)   #37
HugeF1
Rookie

United Kingdom
Southampton
HugeF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAC
Someone send Damon a roll of Duct Tape. That shoud fix it.
A gun or similar **** silencing implement would be more favourable.

This is a pretty good choice. Whilst never the best driver, he is pretty funny on occasion. Hope he doesn't go all gooey over Lewis though. Even as an avid LH supported, it's beginning to bug me somewhat.
Old 3 Aug 2007, 09:31 (Ref:1979723)   #38
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm thinking that JA wont realise theres someone new. He'll probably call him Martin while staring at Lewis Hamilton's name on the Timing.
Old 3 Aug 2007, 09:53 (Ref:1979732)   #39
Taprobane
Racer

England
Berkshire
Taprobane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely it would be rediculous for him not to refer to his championship battles when commentating. Surely the fact that he has been in battles like the one going on this season means he is perfectly places to comment on what is happening.
Old 3 Aug 2007, 09:53 (Ref:1979733)   #40
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pottiella
lol you're not british are you?
We're not absolutely certain he's human!
Old 3 Aug 2007, 10:20 (Ref:1979750)   #41
Sev
Veteran

Sev has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1
I'm thinking that JA wont realise theres someone new. He'll probably call him Martin while staring at Lewis Hamilton's name on the Timing.
In all honesty, I don't want to know what James Allen is doing while he's starting at Hamilton's name on the timing...

Last edited by Sev; 3 Aug 2007 at 10:27.
Old 3 Aug 2007, 10:24 (Ref:1979756)   #42
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev
In all honestly, I don't want to know what James Allen is doing while he's starting at Hamilton's name on the timing...
Probably reading a brief from his employer (ITV) telling him to keep mentioning Hamilton, in order to help boost viewing figures.
Old 3 Aug 2007, 11:33 (Ref:1979811)   #43
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
JA: 'I have sitting next to me today former World Drivers Champion and 93 winner of the Hungarian GP....Damon Hamilton!'
Old 3 Aug 2007, 19:19 (Ref:1980080)   #44
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taprobane
Surely it would be rediculous for him not to refer to his championship battles when commentating. Surely the fact that he has been in battles like the one going on this season means he is perfectly places to comment on what is happening.
Of course. I was more ref-ing to the way he goes about it. It is amusing. He usually finds an amusing way of bringing it up. Kinda like a satirical version of Nige.
Old 3 Aug 2007, 21:28 (Ref:1980149)   #45
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And so he should!

Go Damon!
Old 3 Aug 2007, 21:54 (Ref:1980161)   #46
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Just so he isn't the only one, this is Damon Hill, 1996 World Champion!
Old 3 Aug 2007, 22:07 (Ref:1980166)   #47
Patrick Fletche
Racer

Patrick Fletche has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Damon was seriously fast in a racecar.
Just go and look at the in car videos of his pole qualifyings.
He was always faster than his team-mates in testing.
People like Senna and Prost.

But he came too late to car racing to be a true racer.
So it will be interesting to see how he treats someone as specially fast as Kimi.

Will he be green with envy or will he be boosting a fellow spirit?

They both are alluring, almost supernatural, to see on the limit. I know that they lead me to interesting places in my Caterham.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 15:42 (Ref:1980672)   #48
Patrick Fletche
Racer

Patrick Fletche has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I thought his commentry was largely incisive and informative. In fact he became quite animated during the in car footage.

I also liked the way he corrected the Cock over his tyre choice mistake. Bodes well for tomorrow.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 15:45 (Ref:1980674)   #49
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"I'm not Hamilton, James!!!"
Old 4 Aug 2007, 15:49 (Ref:1980676)   #50
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstallard
"I'm not Hamilton, James!!!"
I thought that was good as well. He has a few to many 'Umms' when he's thinking what to say, which is understandable, but apart from that I thought he was very good.

Roll on tomorrow.