Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Aug 2007, 07:10 (Ref:1987279)   #1
MissFerrari
Rookie

South Africa
MissFerrari should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A race-less Sunday

Yesterday was the 1ste of 2 race-less Sundays and let me tell you, I was bored silly. I was so bored that I even watched some Indicar racing and it made me realize that F1 truly is the greatest sport on earth. I know it is still a while until it happens, but from the last race on 21 Oct until the first race on 16 March, there is 20 race-less Sundays. I'm getting bored just thinking about it. I'll have to find myself a hobby to get me through 20 race-less Sundays.
Old 13 Aug 2007, 07:31 (Ref:1987291)   #2
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marshalling
Old 13 Aug 2007, 08:58 (Ref:1987346)   #3
mjolnir
Racer

Australia
Sydney
mjolnir should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissFerrari
I'm getting bored just thinking about it.
Maybe you should get a copy of the Hungarian GP and re-watch it?
Old 13 Aug 2007, 09:01 (Ref:1987350)   #4
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
What are you trying to do, kill her?!
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 13 Aug 2007, 12:39 (Ref:1987505)   #5
MissFerrari
Rookie

South Africa
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjolnir
Maybe you should get a copy of the Hungarian GP and re-watch it?
Haha. Very funny. I'd rather not watch anything than to watch that race again.
Old 13 Aug 2007, 12:52 (Ref:1987519)   #6
fraggs
Racer

England
Bedford, UK
fraggs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've had a look at the calendar for next year... and with that there'll be races all the way through to November. And interestingly France is still on there.

I know what you mean though.. i struggled last winter season. Although for me it wasn't too bad. My last even that I went to was truck racing at brands in the middle of november. I was also lucky to get on a club trip and went round Enstone for a visit and then two weeks later flew out to Barcelona for a day of the F1 wintere test. Also went to MPH and then I went to Autosport international in January and started again March 10th with the club bike racing at Brands....

I shouldn't be too bad this winter. I've already got Race of Champions booked for December at Wembley. I need to pull my finger out and get MPH in November sorted and also Autosport in January...

Drove everyone up the wall at Christmas last year by also booking all my time off for this summer for all the motorsport events that I've been to.. I guess I'll be pulling off calendars this Christmas again as soon as dates have been released...

The F1 winter tests out in Spain seem to be always open to the public. I've checked with Barcelona, Jerez and Valencia and had e-mails back from all of them saying they charge anywhere between 3 and 5 Euros for access to the circuit when testing is on....

Not bad for a girl, eh? Most blokes think I'm insane with all the motorsport events I've been to.
Old 13 Aug 2007, 13:30 (Ref:1987537)   #7
nycuk
Veteran

England
Banbury, Oxfordshire, England
nycuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yesterday was the 1ste of 2 race-less Sundays and let me tell you, I was bored silly. I was so bored that I even watched some Indicar racing and it made me realize that F1 truly is the greatest sport on earth. I know it is still a while until it happens, but from the last race on 21 Oct until the first race on 16 March, there is 20 race-less Sundays. I'm getting bored just thinking about it. I'll have to find myself a hobby to get me through 20 race-less Sundays.
As Fraggs points out - there are loads of other things to do. This weekends F3 / GT meeting at Silverstone was a cracker. I was there both days and it definitely helps fill in those non F1 weekends.
Old 13 Aug 2007, 14:13 (Ref:1987564)   #8
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Support your local racing club and circuit...Even if there is a GP on. A whole days racing rather than 90 commercial interupted minutes of little or no overtaking.

The Scottish Motor Racing Club's Border Raider meeting was excellent entertainment yesterday...in prodominantly sunny conditions at Knockhill !!
Old 13 Aug 2007, 14:35 (Ref:1987570)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Let's help MissFerrari get through her boring race-less sundays...

I have many suggestions.
Old 13 Aug 2007, 15:03 (Ref:1987592)   #10
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Try and get hold off past races and watch them... The good ones anyway.

Or become a mod, if you're that sad. *runs
Old 13 Aug 2007, 16:46 (Ref:1987623)   #11
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
At least there is A1GP now for the off season to keep motorsport fans happy.
Old 13 Aug 2007, 18:28 (Ref:1987717)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I thought the weekend was great motorsport wise.

Indycar, British Superbikes at Croft, two absolutely ripsnorting NASCAR road races from Watkins Glen. I'm just about to watch the Champcar and ALMS from Road America too, the worlds finest race track bar none.

What the hell is wrong with that? Diversify, there is more to motorsport than F1!

Or you could do something else entirely of course.
Old 13 Aug 2007, 18:31 (Ref:1987720)   #13
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
I just sat on my arse and watched too much football.

If there was any racing on at Croft I'd have been there like a shot. I know there was BSB, but I don't dig bikes much.
Old 13 Aug 2007, 22:19 (Ref:1987979)   #14
fraggs
Racer

England
Bedford, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
Let's help MissFerrari get through her boring race-less sundays...

I have many suggestions.
starting with what??

I've posted mine..

and if anyone's really really bored with F1 being offline at Christmas (apart from the Winter F1 tests at Barcelona, Jerez and Valencia at some point between Nov, Dec and Jan).

There's always this.. http://www.tropheeandros.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andros_Trophy

Motorsport ice racing anyone??
Old 13 Aug 2007, 22:55 (Ref:1988003)   #15
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
How do you watch the Nascar races and ALMS?
Old 13 Aug 2007, 23:01 (Ref:1988006)   #16
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
At the moment, the only way I can see NASCAR (Nextel Cup) is on Channel 5. They show a 50 minute highlights package on Monday nights. (Tonight it is o at 12.35.) They cut out large bits of the race, but what they do show is covered in depth. So for instance, you might see the first 20 laps before it jumps to 80 laps in but then it sticks with that portion of the race for a while.

I think with only an hour to show it, this is a better approach than just showing you bits of each part of each race.
Old 13 Aug 2007, 23:27 (Ref:1988025)   #17
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraggs
starting with what??

That would be a PM issue...
Old 14 Aug 2007, 09:54 (Ref:1988219)   #18
MissFerrari
Rookie

South Africa
Thank you for all the ideas, but I just want to point out one detail to you guys. I live in South Africa and here only F1 and MotoGP has airtime on a regular basis. Stuff like Indycar, Nascar, GP2 and A1 is only shown once in a while. It's not that I don't like other motor sport but that I don't get to see other motor sport all that often.
Old 14 Aug 2007, 13:17 (Ref:1988380)   #19
fraggs
Racer

England
Bedford, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
That would be a PM issue...
very funny bononi

missferrari - i know what you mean... I don't have satellite or any other cable channel, etc beyond the five terresterial channels I get here in the UK so anything like the American series, Aussies series, etc I have to read up on, on the net.
Old 14 Aug 2007, 15:16 (Ref:1988490)   #20
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo
How do you watch the Nascar races and ALMS?
NASCAR on NASN on Saturday and Sunday, ALMS repeat on Motors on the Monday. Easy.

Unless you mean that question a different way of course!

Quote:
Thank you for all the ideas, but I just want to point out one detail to you guys. I live in South Africa and here only F1 and MotoGP has airtime on a regular basis. Stuff like Indycar, Nascar, GP2 and A1 is only shown once in a while. It's not that I don't like other motor sport but that I don't get to see other motor sport all that often.
Old 14 Aug 2007, 18:19 (Ref:1989004)   #21
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
NASCAR on NASN on Saturday and Sunday, ALMS repeat on Motors on the Monday. Easy.

Unless you mean that question a different way of course!

Ah ok, im guessing those are on Sky.

Sadly we have to put up with the nightmareish second - rate Virgin cable service for our TV viewing .