Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 May 2001, 23:40 (Ref:98572)   #1
canadianfan
Rookie

canadianfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is f1 victim of it's own reputation?

Is it? i think so. F1 always needs to be at the forefront of technology, ie TC, LC... even if it's detrimental to the sport.
What does everybody else think?

ps. would lc work if stick shift was brought back in?
Old 29 May 2001, 23:58 (Ref:98575)   #2
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Formula 1 has long been known for developing and using cutting edge technology.. When it starts to ruin races that I have a problem with it..Had DC's launch control worked at Monaco we would have seen a far more exciting race.. I do not care for traction control..IMHO it puts way to much strain on the power plants and makes the cars sound absolutely awful! I also do not care for "squealing" grooved tyres
Old 30 May 2001, 01:13 (Ref:98596)   #3
Porsche_1
Rookie

Porsche_1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I tend to agree with canadianfan. Although I do love the technology and am very interested in the technical engineering side of the sport, it is important to remember that it is car racing. Some technology is good and some is bad, the idea is to find the balance. This is not an easy thing to do and you can never please all people. But I also think that a move back to the stone age would be to the detriment of the sport on some levels.