Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 7 Oct 2003, 12:56 (Ref:742972)   #1
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Rick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vaillant Film?

I may have missed this elsewhere but anyone seen the film?
My 15 y.o. son has just returned from a school trip to Japan (from Oz) with an ad for the film. He didn't have time to see it but it would have been a blast to see it dubbed/subtitled? in Japanese!
The brochure looks good but I've no idea what it says!
Old 7 Oct 2003, 13:23 (Ref:743014)   #2
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Its out is it? I'd love to see it.
Old 7 Oct 2003, 14:21 (Ref:743065)   #3
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
The issue is planned in November in France...
Old 7 Oct 2003, 14:23 (Ref:743067)   #4
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Re: Vaillant Film?

Quote:
Originally posted by Rick
The brochure looks good but I've no idea what it says!
The teasers/trailers they offer with some programms at LM this year are promising... wonderful images, I hope the romance won't spoil the all stuff...
Old 7 Oct 2003, 15:16 (Ref:743125)   #5
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
doubt it will come to Romania .. but maybe i will get a DivX

Ciao Marco
Old 7 Oct 2003, 17:36 (Ref:743229)   #6
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
and isn't come to the UK either from what I understand.
Old 7 Oct 2003, 18:03 (Ref:743250)   #7
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
anyway, it will probably only be a "french spoken" movie so not much here may undersand dialogs (the perfect thing would be : no words-race only, but eh!)
Old 7 Oct 2003, 18:52 (Ref:743285)   #8
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, the dialogue in McQueen's Le Mans was barely understandable in English! Why not this one?

I hope the DVD comes with multi-language subtitles, as I'm sure the movie will never make it over here.

edited to clarify it was the dialogue I was referring to - after all, the plot was easy to understand. Man gets in car. Man drives very fast.

Last edited by paul-collins; 7 Oct 2003 at 18:53.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 7 Oct 2003, 21:56 (Ref:743412)   #9
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally posted by ss_collins
Its out is it? I'd love to see it.
I believe it is the one they were shooting at the '01 race. ACO made all sorts of concessions (50 cars instead of 48, two new garages at the North end of the pits). Too bad the cars didn't finish.
Old 8 Oct 2003, 07:03 (Ref:743674)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've completely lost interest in it. I heard there was only about 5 minutes footage from LM01 in it anyway.......

Last edited by Aysedasi; 8 Oct 2003 at 07:04.
Old 8 Oct 2003, 14:26 (Ref:744129)   #11
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You could probably find it at an arthouse cinema, rdj...
Old 8 Oct 2003, 14:54 (Ref:744157)   #12
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
According to its entry on the Internet Movie Database http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0307156/ The release date in France (and Belgium) is the 19th November, no mention of a UK release.
Old 15 Oct 2003, 15:11 (Ref:752292)   #13
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by thebear
... Too bad the cars didn't finish.
I'm sure one of the cars was still running at the end...?
Old 15 Oct 2003, 15:55 (Ref:752368)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No, they both went out - fairly early on too.
Old 15 Oct 2003, 18:26 (Ref:752530)   #15
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
From the old memory banks wasn't the Lola (the blue car) rolling round at the end.
Old 16 Oct 2003, 12:19 (Ref:753170)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I didn't think so - runs off to check.......
Old 16 Oct 2003, 12:25 (Ref:753175)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I owe you an apology. Apparently the Lola wasn't quite dead and buried. It was unclassified, having completed only 150 laps (116 laps behind the car which finished last - so unclassified seems just a little generous!). The Panoz only completed 98 laps.
Old 16 Oct 2003, 21:18 (Ref:753708)   #18
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Must've been a record for time spent in the pits then!
Old 17 Oct 2003, 15:16 (Ref:754442)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm not so sure Paul, does anyone know offhand () what the longest period is that a car has spent in the pits whilst still ending up runnng (but unclassified) at the end of Le Mans? (I'm far too lazy to check for myself..... ) I'm certain it wouldn't have been a TL-D car, anyway.....
Old 17 Oct 2003, 18:51 (Ref:754652)   #20
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
OI!!!! If they finished they were classified!!
Old 20 Oct 2003, 11:33 (Ref:756843)   #21
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
I know its Le Mans, but I really don't have a great interest in seeing this film. If it ever gets released here, crikey I think Apocalypse Now took less time than this to be come out!
Old 20 Oct 2003, 12:55 (Ref:756934)   #22
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Agreed Allon. I think there's a lot more hype than real interest in this one......
Old 20 Oct 2003, 19:48 (Ref:757395)   #23
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Agreed Allon. I think there's a lot more hype than real interest in this one......
Except in France. The man is a comic book hero who has been 29 years old for the past 30 or more years. He has designed and raced his own cars, won Le Mans FIVE times (in print) and is definitely an icon. Please advise if you wish more information posted.
Old 21 Oct 2003, 12:27 (Ref:758209)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by thebear
..... hero who has been 29 years old for the past 30 or more years.

Hey, that's me..........

But surely even in France you're tired of waiting for this?
Old 24 Oct 2003, 15:20 (Ref:761997)   #25
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
I just wanted to mention that there's five days to go to the movie issue : full report on (next) wendesday evening !