Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 6 Apr 2018, 07:25 (Ref:3813157)   #1
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Opening FIA F2 Rounds Bahrain

I've started the thread.
Now over to you guys to kick it off.
😉
Old 6 Apr 2018, 09:00 (Ref:3813182)   #2
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not sure if it's because it's a spec part on a spec chassis, but the F2 halo whilst still horrid, doesn't seem quite so visually offensive.
Old 6 Apr 2018, 11:35 (Ref:3813214)   #3
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Horrendous
Old 6 Apr 2018, 13:47 (Ref:3813241)   #4
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Horrendous
Are you talking about Maini's lap time? He was the fastest.
Old 6 Apr 2018, 17:13 (Ref:3813307)   #5
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nope, talking about the noise, barely louder than Formula E.

I like Norris but he should lose his fastest lap, twice he went over the white lines with all 4 wheels. Although i think he lost 2 tenths in the final corner

Last edited by tux; 6 Apr 2018 at 17:42.
Old 6 Apr 2018, 19:53 (Ref:3813359)   #6
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Surprised to see Markelov down with the three expected laggards.
Old 7 Apr 2018, 22:24 (Ref:3813783)   #7
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Blimey Norris smashed em!

Maybe that's the benefit of 1000's of miles of testing for over a year, but he's still delivered the results so well done.

One of the best moves i've seen in a long while was by Sette Camara retaking Markelov immediately after being passed by the Russian.
Old 8 Apr 2018, 07:17 (Ref:3813892)   #8
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's as if RT have figured out a way to allow Markelov to drive as hard as a wants and it never uses the tyres up. His pace was bizarre because he isn't THAT good. Pit lane to 3rd, would have been 2nd if not for Camara's desperate (and fantastic) re-pass, is insane.

Carlin 1-2 wow, Gelael starts from the back, catches and passes De Vries... there goes my prediction for the year of de Vries champ.

I hope Carlin keep up the pace, I don't really care to see Markelov win the title if Prema have dropped back a bit. It's not like he's heading for F1 if he wins in his 4th or 5th season against mostly first and second year drivers. Anyway looking forward to race 2. Great to see fresh talent this year.
Old 8 Apr 2018, 10:56 (Ref:3813951)   #9
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Maybe im just miserable but i dont enjoy drives like Markelovs. For sure its impressive but it feels kinda fake, in no other series can you drive through the field like that.
Old 8 Apr 2018, 14:04 (Ref:3814011)   #10
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know about Markelov. He's clearly mastered the tyres, but in terms of his outright pace, I get the feeling that people may be judging him based off of his rookie season. Drivers can and do improve, although Formula 2 being as it is, it is quite hard to gauge the actual pace of many of the drivers unless they boss the field like Vandoorne and Leclerc, or are constant flops.

Those Carlin boys look quite racy though!
Old 9 Apr 2018, 01:16 (Ref:3814239)   #11
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Markelov looks as a fair heir of Vitaly Petrov.
And very alike Vincenzo Sospiri in his 1995 F3000 Season...
Old 9 Apr 2018, 03:00 (Ref:3814260)   #12
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
It's as if RT have figured out a way to allow Markelov to drive as hard as a wants and it never uses the tyres up. His pace was bizarre because he isn't THAT good. Pit lane to 3rd, would have been 2nd if not for Camara's desperate (and fantastic) re-pass, is insane.

Carlin 1-2 wow, Gelael starts from the back, catches and passes De Vries... there goes my prediction for the year of de Vries champ.

I hope Carlin keep up the pace, I don't really care to see Markelov win the title if Prema have dropped back a bit. It's not like he's heading for F1 if he wins in his 4th or 5th season against mostly first and second year drivers. Anyway looking forward to race 2. Great to see fresh talent this year.
Inexplicable decision by Prema to pit De Vries for tyres in the sprint race.
Old 9 Apr 2018, 08:33 (Ref:3814307)   #13
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
@Razzzor Markelov will go to F1 if he finds/has money to do so. Results doesn't count IMO. He is good, but who wouldn't be in 4 th, 5th season... even Gelael shows signs of revival. That Hamilton 2006 Turkey like come back shows he is to be reconed a title protagonist. I agree with Biscuits, matey spent years in F2, mastered the tyres, which are hard to get on with, someone said to me, and he is with good team of people around and he learnt a lot. There is not a lot of practice time before race, it took him long, but he is there now.

@tux, if his car was legal, and there is nothing to say it wasn't...... it was phenomenal, it's like his mind was only thinking about that win.

But Lando, he is out of this world, I told my pal, four years ago keep an eye on this fella... and he is even better I thought back than.

One thing I can say, Ghiotto will have tough year if he wants to fight for title... it doesn't look like Campos is up there yet.

Markelov, Norris... my God, what a year ahead of us.
Old 13 Apr 2018, 07:16 (Ref:3815146)   #14
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman View Post
Inexplicable decision by Prema to pit De Vries for tyres in the sprint race.
I guess they wanted to repeat last years bold move with Leclerc. They couldn't!

Was that down to driver or other reasons though?
Old 13 Apr 2018, 07:54 (Ref:3815154)   #15
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd say it was driver. Leclerc built a gap of about 10 seconds before he pitted if I recall. De Vries only had 3 seconds. Even in clear air out front he didn't have the pace to come close to winning.
Old 13 Apr 2018, 10:28 (Ref:3815176)   #16
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yep even when he was pushing and the rest were nursing the tyres, he wasn't pulling away. Then on his comeback through the field he still ran out of tyres at the end, his last lap was slower than any normal laps from all those that finished ahead of him. He managed to burn through 2 sets of tyres while Markelov was still quicker out front. de Vries was always a bit poor at tyre conservation last year, I guess he hasn't learned anything better.