Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 18 Feb 2018, 17:36 (Ref:3802205)   #1
mgcsaylor
Rookie

mgcsaylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who to Watch in 2018

How about it? Who do you think will stand out from the rest in 2018, regardless of the series they are in? Who are the dark horses?
Old 18 Feb 2018, 18:24 (Ref:3802206)   #2
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's going to be fascinating to see how Billy Monger gets on with his proposed move into British Formula 3 .
Old 19 Feb 2018, 11:11 (Ref:3802353)   #3
MissClarrpz
Racer

MissClarrpz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a list of a few drivers who I think could make it to F1 or IndyCar. Jack Aitken, George Russell and Llando Norris will all be in F2 next year while Joel Eriksson is one to look for in DTM.
In America both Oliver Askew (in Pro Mazda) and Victor Franzoni (in IndyLights) are on their way to IndyCar. Askew seems to have a very limited budget and needs to win any championship at the first time of trying which he has so far.

Not on my list but from F4 are Christian Lundgaard (R2.0) and Victor Martins (R2.0) who both scored many wins in their first year in cars with Marcus Armstrong (Euro F3) and JĂĽri Vips (???) also looking like they will well.
Old 19 Feb 2018, 12:28 (Ref:3802373)   #4
JD Media
Racer

Netherlands
Zandvoort
JD Media should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lundgaard in FR2.0 is a good one. But his (ex) teammate Bent Viscaal will be the one to watch in F3 Open. He seems to be on the pace already.

I hope Armstrong & Schwartzmann can surprise as F3 rookies like Norris did.

in FR2.0 i think Verhagen will be fast and a title contender, Colombo & Smolyar should be the rookies to watch.
Old 19 Feb 2018, 13:25 (Ref:3802397)   #5
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I could imagine Sean Gelael wouldn't be that bad at Prema in Formula 2 and with his sponsors I would not be surprised if we see him in F1 in 2019.
Old 19 Feb 2018, 13:32 (Ref:3802399)   #6
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i think gelael has proven himself to be the opposite of one to watch. mever ceases to do a midfield job in a front running car. and they’re whining about sirotkin in f1, wait till they see gelael.

on my watch list are habsburg (seriously, he levelled up last year) and fenestraz in f3 and novalak in the humble eurocup.

monger’s progress will be interesting to follow, but so far his opposition isn’t looking spectacular so he has every opportunity to get some decent results.
Old 20 Feb 2018, 09:57 (Ref:3802581)   #7
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Dan Ticktum will be one to watch and I am looking forward to seeing him in (I think?) Gp3. His stunning win in the Macau GP marks him as a star.
Old 20 Feb 2018, 12:24 (Ref:3802617)   #8
LavidaLoca
Racer

LavidaLoca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulahistory View Post
I could imagine Sean Gelael wouldn't be that bad at Prema in Formula 2 and with his sponsors I would not be surprised if we see him in F1 in 2019.
Not sure if he would have enough point to get a Superlicence, unless he wins the F2 championship....

I think the Gelael-Prema stuff is on 2 years deal at least so he can grab points , a little bit "Ă* la Markelov"
Old 20 Feb 2018, 14:27 (Ref:3802651)   #9
Formulahistory
Veteran

Or like Ericsson and Palmer before...
Old 1 Mar 2018, 14:31 (Ref:3804921)   #10
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would have to say both Tristan Charpentier and Linus Lundqvist in British F3, Charpentier looked good in French F4 before a very fractured year last year, only a few selected rounds here and there, hopefully he can get back on track this year. Lundqvist was mighty in British F4 as a rookie last year, five wins and nine fastest laps in a car that wasn't prepared by Carlin speaks volumes.
Old 1 Mar 2018, 15:05 (Ref:3804927)   #11
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
charpentier’s “fractured” year was entirely his own fault if he’s the one i’m thinking of.
Old 1 Mar 2018, 15:26 (Ref:3804933)   #12
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
charpentier’s “fractured” year was entirely his own fault if he’s the one i’m thinking of.
Ah, i don't know the in's and out's of that Bella, i just assumed it was the usual story of lack of cash, i stand by Lundqvist though, excellent driver.
Old 5 Mar 2018, 21:41 (Ref:3806077)   #13
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ah yes I forgot about Ticktum, he's one to watch. I secretly hope he doesn't do well enough for F1 because if he excels then he'll probably be replacing Hartley But he does look the goods.

Marcus Armstrong too, however losing the Toyota Series title was not a good result on his portfolio. Even if he did lead the entire series until like the last lap when his car broke, he should have won more than 2 races instead of being in conservative mode for most of the season.
Old 6 Mar 2018, 01:46 (Ref:3806110)   #14
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
losing the trs title won’t mean anything at all for armstrong’s career. imo it’s one of those things, like the old f3 masters, that only matters if you win it.
Old 30 Mar 2018, 08:34 (Ref:3811863)   #15
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good showing for Billy Monger at Oulton in testing. Very courageous stuff, it will be very interesting to see how he fairs in the first F3 rounds. Whatever the result the lad is pretty heroic.

Last edited by justracing; 30 Mar 2018 at 08:41.
Old 30 Mar 2018, 22:36 (Ref:3812040)   #16
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
losing the trs title won’t mean anything at all for armstrong’s career. imo it’s one of those things, like the old f3 masters, that only matters if you win it.
Yup TRS is a good way of getting more experience in the Euro off season.
Old 31 Mar 2018, 15:23 (Ref:3812137)   #17
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCheddaris View Post
It's going to be fascinating to see how Billy Monger gets on with his proposed move into British Formula 3 .
3rd place at Oulton Park in his first F3 race, the lad still has the talent
Old 9 Apr 2018, 01:23 (Ref:3814243)   #18
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How about Habsburg???
Old 9 Apr 2018, 13:48 (Ref:3814405)   #19
Formulahistory
Veteran

Wasn't really on the radar since some good races in 2017.
Old 9 Apr 2018, 16:51 (Ref:3814460)   #20
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
I do feel a little sorry for those in F3 who aren't Billy Monger - because whatever you do , you ain't going to be the headline . I was at Oulton and whilst maybe understandable , I found the sight of every camera zooming on on the lad as he got in his car slightly unsettling .
Old 10 Apr 2018, 14:27 (Ref:3814673)   #21
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
I do feel a little sorry for those in F3 who aren't Billy Monger - because whatever you do , you ain't going to be the headline . I was at Oulton and whilst maybe understandable , I found the sight of every camera zooming on on the lad as he got in his car slightly unsettling .
it was interesting that they didn't live tweet about him causing one of the red flags in testing like they did everyone else.

i respect what he's doing an incredible amount and understand why everyone (both fans and media) wants a piece of his time, but they need to leave him in peace to get on with his racing.
Old 4 Jul 2018, 20:47 (Ref:3834703)   #22
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
I know it is a wee bit off thread but i have to say hats off to Jordan Cane, must have been a very difficult decision.