Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 30 Aug 2017, 01:43 (Ref:3762814)   #1
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2017-2018 Formula E Season

Here lies my excuse to start this thread over a month before pre-season testing.

http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2...ndar-revealed/

http://www.crash.net/fe/news/872767/...or-season-four
Old 30 Aug 2017, 07:12 (Ref:3762846)   #2
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoB Special Stage View Post
Here lies my excuse to start this thread over a month before pre-season testing.

http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2...ndar-revealed/

http://www.crash.net/fe/news/872767/...or-season-four
No new info here-already subscribed to FE site -nothing since June? When & where is test day-Donington?
Old 30 Aug 2017, 12:32 (Ref:3762909)   #3
GM10
Veteran

Italy
Mantua
GM10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From 2 to 5 October, Valencia.
Old 30 Aug 2017, 14:17 (Ref:3762936)   #4
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM10 View Post
From 2 to 5 October, Valencia.
Thanks-guess this is the boring autodrome not the F1 circuit?
Old 30 Aug 2017, 16:46 (Ref:3762988)   #5
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the f1 circuit is pretty much derelict in places now so yeah, it'll be on the permanent circuit at cheste.
Old 30 Aug 2017, 22:23 (Ref:3763054)   #6
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29 View Post
Thanks-guess this is the boring autodrome not the F1 circuit?
I wouldn't say Ricardo Tormo is boring, not suited to car racing though.
Old 5 Sep 2017, 14:42 (Ref:3764736)   #7
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Alex Lynn will replace JosĂ© MarĂ*a LĂłpez at DS Virgin.
Old 5 Sep 2017, 17:20 (Ref:3764767)   #8
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Alex Lynn will replace JosĂ© MarĂ*a LĂłpez at DS Virgin.
Where is the future for Pechito?
Old 5 Sep 2017, 22:04 (Ref:3764830)   #9
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Where is the future for Pechito?
Some nob in a fancy car splashed Pechito.
But he had an offer from another team and he refused too.
Old 6 Sep 2017, 14:31 (Ref:3764952)   #10
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
http://www.campeones.com.ar/0/nota/index.vnc?id=53452
http://www.campeones.com.ar/0/nota/index.vnc?id=53454

Pechito said he disliked DS Virgin boss Alex Tai.
He's looking for other Formula E teams.
He wants to remain with Toyota in the FIA WEC, but he says his status is unclear.
Old 7 Sep 2017, 14:28 (Ref:3765179)   #11
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
https://twitter.com/eracing365/statu...17954725236737
Old 12 Sep 2017, 15:36 (Ref:3766304)   #12
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay

2018/19 Jaguar I-Pace eTrophy
Old 14 Sep 2017, 03:46 (Ref:3766697)   #13
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
Bruni and Hartley test for Venturi.

http://e-racing365.com/formula-e/sur...est-for-bruni/

http://e-racing365.com/formula-e/har...-venturi-test/

Techeetah hires Smout as Commercial Director (was FF Dragon/Penske)

http://e-racing365.com/formula-e/for...ins-techeetah/
Old 22 Sep 2017, 02:21 (Ref:3769189)   #14
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
http://e-racing365.com/formula-e/zur...-at-tempelhof/

Zurich for S4, Berlin stays at Tempelhof.

http://e-racing365.com/formula-e/jag...rms-piquet-jr/

Piquet Jr. to Jag confirmed.

http://e-racing365.com/formula-e/kob...r-nextev-seat/

Kobayashi to replace Piquet Jr. at NIO???

http://e-racing365.com/formula-e/har...ormula-e-test/

Haryanto looking to join the preseason test in Valencia, no known team.
Old 5 Oct 2017, 17:46 (Ref:3772127)   #15
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
I checked out Formula E just to see the unique race tracks and all of the sportscar veteran drivers which make up the vast majority of the grid...still I can't muster to watch through the race. FE so far to me is just not appealing.
Old 7 Oct 2017, 14:25 (Ref:3772473)   #16
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
I'd like cars to be much more powerful, rather than removing the mid-race car swap.

Nevertheless, I have enjoyed some races. Some racetracks are better than others.
Old 11 Oct 2017, 20:41 (Ref:3773762)   #17
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Nissan is back to a major motorsport championship.

To make it cheap, it's just a rebrand of Renault e.Dams.

https://www.motorsport.com/formula-e...mula-e-964388/
Old 25 Oct 2017, 12:59 (Ref:3776377)   #18
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wonder how that effects Buemi, I’m sure Toyota won’t be happy to see him driving a Nissan.
Old 6 Nov 2017, 15:53 (Ref:3779037)   #19
HighParker
Racer

Canada
Toronto
HighParker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Formula E race seems to have been a significant issue in yesterday's municipal election in Montreal, where the incumbent mayor (Coderre) lost, and the new mayor (Plante) "has said that if she were elected, she would hold the race at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve or cancel it altogether, if possible."
Old 3 Dec 2017, 08:48 (Ref:3784863)   #20
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Strange races; Bird dominant in race 1, even with a drive through still wins by over 10sec.

Then Mortara dominating race 2, only to make a small mistake. Very unfortunate for him. But the pace of the Venturi I'd say he'll be winning at some stage. That would have been Venturi's first win right? Oh well all the fans must be happy, the fan favourite won Mortara was fast in race 1 too, going 19th to 7th I think.

Rosenqvist very fast again like last year, championship favourite now? He was faster than Mortara, closed several seconds in the second stint, but not a clean weekend for him at all. He could have won both races.

Buemi, while fastest in practice 3, perhaps the DAMS car isn't as good on race pace and saving battery this year? He was in a lap earlier than everyone in race 2, and Prost wasn't much better. The look of Buemi during qualifying looked like he was about to kill someone. Was it Prost that hit the wall in quali then continued dragging signage around with him that got caught up with another car? How on earth does he get to finish the lap and start 18th without any penalty?

Much like Mitch in the Jag, fastest in both qualifying sessions (though the first one didn't count, and they conveniently didn't actually tell us what that lap was), fastest in practise 2 by a good margin, he, Buemi and Felix look to be fastest on raw speed, but obviously the Jags can't save juice because he wasn't fast in the race. Race 1 he was nowhere (although did start from the back of the grid and Lotterer strangely dropped 4sec off the pack on the restart, I guess there's no penalty for not maintaining 10 car lengths as in F1), but Mitch spent a large portion stuck behind Kobayashi and couldn't pass. I have to wonder if his second car is hugely faster than his first car though, as he only lost 2 secs in that last stint and even Lynn started with 5% more power but ended using it all up then running out. I don't know why Mitch started 4th after qualifying 2nd, though. Good job commentators.

And what happened to Bird and his pace from race 1? Perhaps they all caught him a little bit for race 2 and he couldn't find as much.

Abt fast in both races too actually, Audi still obviously fast but some average performances from the champ. Much like last year.

Di Grassi and Buemi 0 points from 2 races, how awesome is that? They'll need to play catch up for a while. People whinge about Hamilton, but he seems like an angel compared to Buemi when things don't go right for him. At this rate it probably is Rosenqvist looking best, but I hope it's a close season with lots of different winners. Just a shame it's the usual drive 3sec off the pace rubbish to get to the finish.
Old 3 Dec 2017, 14:35 (Ref:3784905)   #21
Nikki Katz
Racer

Nikki Katz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Too much Vernon Kay but yes, weird races with the championship favourites both not scoring in either. And the leader spinning at the start and at the end of the race? At least this doesn’t seem like it will be as easy for Audi as some feared.

Exit: oh, abt got disqualified from his first win, so Rosenqvist wins despite pointing the wrong way for part of the race, and Buemi now scores a whole point.
Old 3 Dec 2017, 15:30 (Ref:3784914)   #22
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
is it just me or are some of these reasons for disqualifications and penalties for stuff that even a one man and his mates effort in a clubbie series wouldn't get hauled up for?
Old 3 Dec 2017, 16:03 (Ref:3784927)   #23
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
is it just me or are some of these reasons for disqualifications and penalties for stuff that even a one man and his mates effort in a clubbie series wouldn't get hauled up for?
Same can be said for the driving. All of these drivers are proper professionals, yet you put them in these cars and they drive like Rob Austin having a stroke.
Old 3 Dec 2017, 20:35 (Ref:3784956)   #24
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
Yes, rather pathetic for Audi. Someone needs to get a grip.
Old 3 Dec 2017, 22:19 (Ref:3784970)   #25
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I watched yesterday and I get what they are trying to achieve with Formula E

but i dont get what host countries get out of it, the crowd is poor, surely it must be hard to argue for an economic benefit