Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 19 Apr 2008, 06:13 (Ref:2181143)   #1
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motegi Off Till Saturday (includes Race Spoilers)

Weepers in Turn 4 couldn't be stopped after rain.....race postponed to 10 p.m. ET Saturday on ESPN Classic.
Old 19 Apr 2008, 11:36 (Ref:2181305)   #2
Red Bulldog
Racer

Canada
Beaver Bank, NS
Red Bulldog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now re-scheduled for Sunday
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/66722
Old 19 Apr 2008, 13:03 (Ref:2181355)   #3
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sunday in Japan is Saturday in the U.S.
Old 19 Apr 2008, 15:29 (Ref:2181435)   #4
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'll have to watch it on-line at indycar.com

Comcast doesn't carry ESPN Classic in Indy

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 19 Apr 2008, 15:49 (Ref:2181442)   #5
indycool
Veteran

Me too.
Old 19 Apr 2008, 16:07 (Ref:2181445)   #6
Red Bulldog
Racer

Canada
Beaver Bank, NS
Red Bulldog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by indycool
Sunday in Japan is Saturday in the U.S.
Yes, I should have known that!
Old 20 Apr 2008, 03:59 (Ref:2181755)   #7
Stefvh
Veteran

Belgium
Stefvh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Danica did it, on strategy, but, yeah, she won.
Old 20 Apr 2008, 04:01 (Ref:2181757)   #8
indycool
Veteran

Better strategy than anyone else had.
Old 20 Apr 2008, 04:02 (Ref:2181758)   #9
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
that she did - congrats to her & women all over the world
Old 20 Apr 2008, 04:04 (Ref:2181759)   #10
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Holy poop.

Danica Patrick wins her first IndyCar race after the leaders run out of fuel during the closing laps! (At least that's what the scoring sheet is saying; I don't have ESPN Classic, and the IndyCar.com video feed is flooded with traffic.)

What terrible timing for Danica's first win, half a world away and with virtually no live broadcast outlet. Nonetheless, the biggest star in open-wheel racing finally has a victory to her credit, and with May fast approaching, the already-big buildup to the 500 just got a whole lot bigger.
Old 20 Apr 2008, 04:09 (Ref:2181760)   #11
indycool
Veteran

Amen to all, FF....had to watch it on the scoring monitor myself.....but you look at how she conserved fuel at the start of that segment and she was there at the end....might boost the ratings for Sunday's re-show, though.
Old 20 Apr 2008, 04:10 (Ref:2181761)   #12
Stefvh
Veteran

Belgium
I had the stream for the 15th-lap-to-end.
Old 20 Apr 2008, 04:16 (Ref:2181762)   #13
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by indycool
Amen to all, FF....had to watch it on the scoring monitor myself.....but you look at how she conserved fuel at the start of that segment and she was there at the end....might boost the ratings for Sunday's re-show, though.
On the opening day of the NBA playoffs (and ESPN devoting nearly 12 consecutive hours to it), Danica's win was the lead story on SportsCenter just minutes ago, complete with a full interview by Jack Arute from the pits (if it wasn't live, it was close to it). Not bad for a race that couldn't be found on most cable systems.
Old 20 Apr 2008, 07:01 (Ref:2181797)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So do the opinions of the males in the IndyCar series immediately fall? Being beaten by a girl...

More seriously... well done to Ms Patrick... I presume DanicaMania shall crank up the intensity now.....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 20 Apr 2008, 08:22 (Ref:2181854)   #15
tanalised
Veteran

New Zealand
new zealand
tanalised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
she ran very sensibly after the pit stop with Castro neves and carpenter who immediately passed her; while she stayed at a steady circulating rythm, conserving fuel.
paid off at the end
Old 20 Apr 2008, 10:04 (Ref:2181930)   #16
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
as i said in the other thread thought i'd never see the day, but well done hopefully she dosn't whinge for a while.
Old 20 Apr 2008, 11:07 (Ref:2181984)   #17
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Worth noting again here as I did in the other thread that it is great for the drivers (Graham and Danica) who have BOTH been hyped as potential race-winners have gone out and done so.

It also answers the: "Are there any Americans in the Series?" question. It would be great if Ryan Hunter-Ray could snag a win before the season is out to establish himself in IndyCar as well (I realize he has won in CC).

Where and at what time is the re-broadcast today?
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 20 Apr 2008, 12:54 (Ref:2182070)   #18
indycool
Veteran

I believe it's 11 a.m. on the deuce in the U.S.

http://www.indycar.com/index.php?fromhtml=1
Old 20 Apr 2008, 13:44 (Ref:2182122)   #19
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
DP gets her first! AWESOME

i was confused....was working outside and looking thru the window everynowandagain to see the NBA playoffs and i miss the entire deal.

congrats to Danica! maybe this will shutup some of her critics. o wait, she won on fuel, not outright speed, so they'll still be putting a driver down.

a win is a win, in my book.
Old 20 Apr 2008, 14:00 (Ref:2182142)   #20
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Coolness! Thanks IC!

My U-19s don't play until 4, so I can watch the whole thing!!
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 20 Apr 2008, 15:50 (Ref:2182194)   #21
indycool
Veteran

field, I couldn't get the video feed -- too many folks, I guess -- so I watched the race on the scoring monitor.

After the last pit stop, you could tell either something was wrong or she was saving fuel...she was running 190s while Dixon and the frontrunners were running 195s.

But if you recall, she LOST the 2005 Indianapolis 500 because she had to dial down on fuel to finish while others could charge. I didn't see any asterisks by Wheldon's victory then that he won on fuel mileage.

I agree -- I've looked at some other forums and I can't believe all the weak and lame putdowns she seems to be getting -- from fuel savings to the CC guys weren't there to just plain dissing. She won the race. Period.

Last edited by indycool; 20 Apr 2008 at 15:53.
Old 20 Apr 2008, 16:03 (Ref:2182203)   #22
Stefvh
Veteran

Belgium
Hope she'll win others, to shut'em up.
Old 20 Apr 2008, 17:09 (Ref:2182231)   #23
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
Didn't Kanaan win last year at Motegi the same way? Does that mean his win is de-valued as well?

It is a shame when Driver A wins because of a great team effort it is hailed as virtuous but when Driver B uses the same approach it somehow is not a valid win to some here.

If Mutoh or anyone else who had not won before had pulled this off I would have been just as happy for them - heck - winning ANY race at this level is an accomplishment...
Old 20 Apr 2008, 22:40 (Ref:2182432)   #24
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
It is not a real win because it was done on fuel conservation? That is just idiotic.

She crossed the line first. She won as a result of, on the day, doing a better job than her rivals. It cannot be any simpler.

Good on her.