Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 24 Jan 2013, 12:02 (Ref:3193660)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Budget (But Good) Camcorder?

I'm looking to replace my ageing Panasonic MiniDV camcorder which has served me well now for many years. In truth, it doesn't get a lot of use, only at Le Mans and Silverstone each year and very limited use elsewhere.

I don't know much about these things, but I don't want to faff around with tapes any more. Ideally, I'd like one with a HD - but whatever storage solution I choose, it needs to be able to store up to 2 hours of video at the best quality I can afford.

And there's the rub - as always, I'm on a budget. I don't really want to pay more than £150 and if that means looking around for something that's been factory refurbished etc., then so be it.

Any suggestions people? I'm not really sure where to start looking!
Old 24 Jan 2013, 13:19 (Ref:3193685)   #2
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Just seen this but only popped in to collect my post and off out, I'll have a "word" tonight !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 24 Jan 2013, 13:40 (Ref:3193691)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I just knew you'd be the first to reply Gordon, old friend, old pal.......
Old 25 Jan 2013, 07:59 (Ref:3194065)   #4
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
old friend, old pal.......
I'm on the case but you might have to "grovel" for a few days more !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 25 Jan 2013, 08:23 (Ref:3194076)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No problem Gordon - as it happens, I'm away (in a few hours) for a week - anniversary holiday for the missus and I - so no rush at all! And my grovelling knows no bounds!
Old 20 Apr 2013, 10:17 (Ref:3236979)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm resurrecting this thread as I'm still in need of a purchase. I'm getting a tad itchy as it's only 8 weeks until I leave for Le Mans and my old camcorder was really playing up at Silverstone last weekend. So any recommendations, including second-hand, would be very much appreciated.
Old 20 Apr 2013, 18:50 (Ref:3237104)   #7
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
The only ones we could come up with second hand and at that sort of price I personally wouldn't want.
But I would advise a hard drive one with a separate viewfinder and if possible one with optional SD card facility as well.
It is possible to find one on ebay if you know what ones are good and don't have any problems, I brought one off ebay that I was looking for that was 3 months old that the guy had paid £1200 pounds for (with original receipt) and I got it for £700.
I had an email from the guy who admitted that it was far too complicated for him and had been talked into it by a camera shop when all he needed was a point n shoot job !
That salesman was pretty good making the customer spend more than £1050 over what he needed!!
Ease of use is a must as some of them are a bit fiddly especially if you have a handful of bananas like me !
Old 20 Apr 2013, 22:43 (Ref:3237165)   #8
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
ayse, have you considered updating your slr at the same time so you can record video with that?
Old 5 May 2013, 14:54 (Ref:3243106)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Sorry, slow to get back Bella. Yes, it's a thought, but I only got my SLR last year (thank you Gordon )) and somehow I like to have them separate and distinct....
Old 5 May 2013, 15:49 (Ref:3243118)   #10
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
hi there, just seen this post n see if this helps. i got a panasonic v700 last year and been realy impressed with it, nice n light, easy to use, great quality and basic editing functions can be done on it. the only down side i havevis the battery life could be better, about 90mins of a full charge. take a looke at my vids on youtube to c what u think. www.youtube.com/user/geordiecraig101
Old 5 May 2013, 18:48 (Ref:3243176)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Thanks for the recommendation! Even one of those 2nd hand is probably more than I can afford in advance of a Le Mans trip thiough!
Old 5 May 2013, 22:37 (Ref:3243275)   #12
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
I too am a fan of Panasonic camcorders and the one I have at the moment is the best camcorder that I have owned.
Although hard drives are the way to go there are loads of good quality digi tape ones that you can buy for peanuts on the net or in your local rag.
I do still use one occasionally for non important things and the only problem that I have had over the years with them is the tape sticking to the head when using it in differing temperature changes.