Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 22 May 2020, 17:32 (Ref:3977752)   #2651
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Ha yes, no Talbot no Bentley? Well EB we're both banned!
Old 23 May 2020, 05:24 (Ref:3977824)   #2652
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Don't worry I don't know the answer. But I do know the make and model of car in Picture 1

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Post 2617; Sadly MM, that will be of no help in finding the answer. (The car is that of Johnny Shears), but that won't help either.

For those who enjoy a brain teaser, let me explain the concept. Each picture represents a single letter of the alphabet, having found which letters they can be arranged in order to spell the name of a member of this forum.

As with VIVAGT in an earlier teaser.

The art is to decide which letter can be found in which image, as often several alternatives are on offer. Midge has discovered that the make and model in pic 1 does not help, so what is left? Well an ENGINE! Voila! We have an E.

As it is not easy let us have a self-help approach, as you think you have a letter, post it here and I will confirm right or wrong.

Of course I could have just wasted my time
Old 23 May 2020, 05:29 (Ref:3977825)   #2653
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If you don't enjoy …..!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0514 b.jpg   IMG_1126.jpg   IMG_1525.JPG  

IMG_2036.JPG   IMG_2937.jpg   IMG_3041.jpg  

Old 24 May 2020, 07:08 (Ref:3978004)   #2654
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What i the connection here?

Click image for larger version

Name:	cons    (4).jpg
Views:	9
Size:	654.2 KB
ID:	61195Click image for larger version

Name:	cons    (3).jpg
Views:	7
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	61196Click image for larger version

Name:	cons    (2).jpg
Size:	600.6 KB
ID:	61197
Click image for larger version

Name:	cons    (6).jpg
Size:	877.7 KB
ID:	61198Click image for larger version

Name:	cons    (1).JPG
Views:	10
Size:	584.8 KB
ID:	61199Click image for larger version

Name:	cons    (5).JPG
Views:	15
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	61200
Old 24 May 2020, 07:57 (Ref:3978009)   #2655
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Monsoon at Thruxton

Rain has been a rare commodity in recent weeks but at Thruxton on Easter Sunday 2014 it arrived in Biblical proportions.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0116.JPG   IMG_0119.JPG   IMG_0127.JPG  

IMG_0136.JPG   IMG_0142.JPG   IMG_0171.JPG  

Old 24 May 2020, 08:13 (Ref:3978010)   #2656
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
Monsoon at Thruxton 2

With the wet circuit putting the more powerful cars at a disadvantage Mark Charteris gained a notable victory over the Formula Two and Formula 5000 cars in his Clubmans Mallock.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0063.JPG   IMG_0064.JPG   IMG_0075.JPG  

IMG_0081.JPG   IMG_0104.JPG   IMG_0115.JPG  

Old 24 May 2020, 08:57 (Ref:3978012)   #2657
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
What is the connection here?
They are named after a wild animal, like Cheetah the monkey or Puma? Well can't see "La tarte Tropézienne" or "Primagaz" being really wild. Tarzan at wheel may be…
Old 24 May 2020, 09:02 (Ref:3978013)   #2658
bauble
Veteran

England
Nice pictures Cheddar, and good to have a little bit of history thrown in. Mark, is a pretty good driver, and to take a Mallock to win over the bigger cars good to hear about. Thanks.

RB! You are at it again, where do you dig up these obscure connections from? I am clueless, I thought possibly a Scottish theme but abandoned that notion.

I will continue cogitating.

Meanwhile
Old 24 May 2020, 09:03 (Ref:3978014)   #2659
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
GCC has it correct, Gerard is on the right track.
Old 24 May 2020, 09:04 (Ref:3978015)   #2660
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I saw that connection too, like the Puma and maybe the CATerham. Can’t see any other connection there
Old 24 May 2020, 09:04 (Ref:3978016)   #2661
bauble
Veteran

England
Action from the AMOC 2014 to keep up Cheds year.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1074.JPG   IMG_1077.JPG   IMG_1088.JPG  

IMG_1091.JPG   IMG_1144 (2).JPG   IMG_1145.JPG  

Old 24 May 2020, 09:13 (Ref:3978017)   #2662
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Hopefully the AMOC will be back running soon enough, nice pictures to be reminded again what we are missing
Old 24 May 2020, 09:26 (Ref:3978018)   #2663
St Eval
Rookie

St Eval should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gonna make a fool of myself but how about this for 2654

1 CATerham
2 PUMA
3 FISHer

4 COUGAR
5 JAGUAR
6 aston MARTIN

Probably all wrong. I have to say that I have really enjoyed the banter that you lot have, here and on the tea break.
While I'm missing my much loved Hill Climb and Sprint motorsport fix I shall continue to look and learn about the old stuff, not that I'm young.

Roy

What do you want to do ?
New mailCopy

Old 24 May 2020, 09:48 (Ref:3978020)   #2664
bauble
Veteran

England
I suggest that maybe it is not a Caterham, but a Tiger )Tiga?)
Old 24 May 2020, 09:53 (Ref:3978022)   #2665
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I think bauble and St Eval make a good team. RBS are we still on the right track or exploring the kerbs? Guess GCC was in PM?
Old 24 May 2020, 10:06 (Ref:3978023)   #2666
bauble
Veteran

England
HSCC 2015;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3075.jpg   IMG_3083.JPG   IMG_3086.jpg  

IMG_3106.jpg   IMG_3108.jpg   IMG_3110.JPG  

Old 24 May 2020, 10:11 (Ref:3978024)   #2667
bauble
Veteran

England
Some more;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3126.jpg   IMG_3130.jpg   IMG_3137.JPG  

IMG_3163.JPG   IMG_3188.jpg   IMG_3193.JPG  

Old 24 May 2020, 10:52 (Ref:3978033)   #2668
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I think bauble and St Eval make a good team. RBS are we still on the right track or exploring the kerbs? Guess GCC was in PM?
GCC was a PM. The CATerham is a Tiger r10, and S Eval had 3 correct.
Old 24 May 2020, 11:29 (Ref:3978039)   #2669
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
OK but the Vantage??? Martin pêcheur may be…
Old 24 May 2020, 11:40 (Ref:3978045)   #2670
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post

RB! You are at it again, where do you dig up these obscure connections from? I am clueless, I thought possibly a Scottish theme but abandoned that notion.

I will continue cogitating.

Meanwhile
My cogitating got me no further than they all had 4 wheels! Im feeling very ignorant in amongst such esteemed and knowledgeable folk! I obviously need to increase the depth (and efficiency) of my cogitating bits.

Yours, impressed and ignorant, Melbourne.

PS Thanks to all for your contributions.
Old 24 May 2020, 13:04 (Ref:3978066)   #2671
bauble
Veteran

England
One of those modern contraptions could be a Tiga!
Old 24 May 2020, 13:34 (Ref:3978070)   #2672
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
One of those modern contraptions could be a Tiga!
OH no it's not!
Old 24 May 2020, 14:41 (Ref:3978075)   #2673
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
Castle Combe Terry Sanger Trophy 2015

Castle Combe's Autumn Trophy has provided great entertainment since it's inception in 2012 and never more so than in this race. Beaten off the line by Chris Clarkson's Falcon, Bob Bullen (Anglia) and Chris Sanders (Lotus Cortina) found themselves bottled up behind the larger Ford. Their efforts to overtake the Falcon and themselves became ever more spectacular as the race went on ....
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2610.JPG   IMG_2611.JPG   IMG_2612.JPG  

IMG_2619.JPG   IMG_2620.JPG   IMG_2621.JPG  

Old 24 May 2020, 14:47 (Ref:3978076)   #2674
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth

Terry Sanger would have been proud of them !
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2627.JPG   IMG_2628.JPG   IMG_2629.JPG  

IMG_2632.jpg   IMG_2633.jpg   IMG_2634.JPG  

Old 24 May 2020, 14:52 (Ref:3978077)   #2675
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth

There was plenty of action further down the field as well.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2594.jpg   IMG_2597.JPG   IMG_2616.JPG  

IMG_2617.JPG   IMG_2625.JPG   IMG_2635.JPG