Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 24 May 2020, 16:54 (Ref:3978089)   #2676
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Where exactly at Combe is this short-cut across the grass, and do they get away with it?
Asking for a friend....
Old 24 May 2020, 17:05 (Ref:3978092)   #2677
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Please David, dont ask to much for pictures of cars on the grass, each time Alfaholics is pleased to show my 'Vette at Silverstone!!!
Old 24 May 2020, 17:43 (Ref:3978105)   #2678
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The pictures were all taken at the 'new' Bobbies complex constructed when the circuit was altered for the 1999 season. Bob Bullen received a five second penalty for track limits but Chris Sanders was unpenalised.
Old 24 May 2020, 19:05 (Ref:3978113)   #2679
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
Where exactly at Combe is this short-cut across the grass, and do they get away with it?

Asking for a friend....
It's actually slower on that "shortcut" compared to the actual track, and doesn't do your bum any good either. Recounting the experiences of a "friend"

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 24 May 2020, 20:39 (Ref:3978121)   #2680
percy
Racer

percy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I suggest that maybe it is not a Caterham, but a Tiger )Tiga?)
Just catching up here - definitely NOT a Caterham. It's a Tiger R10.
Old 24 May 2020, 21:49 (Ref:3978127)   #2681
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Are you being sneaky RB and Cheeting us with a ROC?
Old 25 May 2020, 01:57 (Ref:3978155)   #2682
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is anyone up for my ALPHABET CHALLENGE?

The rules are simple, someone posts six pictures of cars whose name begins with A.
The next contestant then follows on using B, and so on.

If you cannot think of six you are penalised one point per missing slot. For instance when it is your turn and you are on the letter X, and you only have three names, you get three penalty points added to your score.
The winner will be the person with the least penalties by the time we reach Z.

Only Marque names are acceptable, no Model names allowed,

Once all entries are in I will ask a member of the forum to nominate the first starter to ensure fair play,

Please indicate you entry by PM and we can set a start time.

Any suggestions might be entertained.

Bauble.
Old 25 May 2020, 07:01 (Ref:3978179)   #2683
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Are you being sneaky RB and Cheeting us with a ROC?
No, tricks on this one, the answers were, Tiger, Puma, Cheetah, Cougar, Cheetah & Jaguar.
Old 25 May 2020, 07:12 (Ref:3978180)   #2684
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just a few March Sports cars, it will not lett tmet tloadt any ttmore!

Click image for larger version

Name:	2 March 86 S Bruce Balchin.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	734.9 KB
ID:	61276Click image for larger version

Name:	March 73S Vic Nutter.jpg
Size:	545.0 KB
ID:	61277

Name:	March 75S Kevin Cooke   (3).jpg
Size:	528.2 KB
ID:	61278Click image for larger version

Name:	March 75S Mike Wrigley.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	908.3 KB
ID:	61279
Old 25 May 2020, 09:51 (Ref:3978188)   #2685
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
No, tricks on this one, the answers were, Tiger, Puma, Cheetah, Cougar, Cheetah & Jaguar.
Pic 5 I discovered was an ROC Cheetah, from Switzerland, hence my cheeting remark. Good competition RB, but I still say sneaky.
Old 25 May 2020, 10:47 (Ref:3978193)   #2686
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
What is not sneaky at all is that I was looking for an Aston when its actually a Jag'! Never heard about a Tiger, sorry… Cant imagine living in Aus…
Old 25 May 2020, 12:32 (Ref:3978206)   #2687
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
.... Good competition RB, but I still say sneaky.
Pot Kettle Black springs to mind Bob.
Old 25 May 2020, 12:41 (Ref:3978207)   #2688
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Cant imagine living in Aus…
Not going to happen GerryMo..... our boarders are locked! In and out. I cant escape. (although they allow me out to the shops now!)
Old 25 May 2020, 14:13 (Ref:3978216)   #2689
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Wh or what is the common link to this selection?

Name:	Lotus 77 Greg Thornton   (2).JPG
Views:	9
Size:	812.5 KB
ID:	61280Click image for larger version

Name:	Ford RS200 .jpg
Views:	8
Size:	726.9 KB
ID:	61281Click image for larger version

Name:	Osella FA1D.JPG
Views:	9
Size:	813.7 KB
ID:	61282

Name:	Jaguar XJR9 (2).jpg
Size:	652.0 KB
ID:	61283Click image for larger version

Name:	Shadow DN1 (2).jpg
Views:	10
Size:	671.6 KB
ID:	61284Click image for larger version

Name:	Ford C1000 .JPG
Size:	691.5 KB
ID:	61285
Old 25 May 2020, 14:30 (Ref:3978221)   #2690
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheetah/ROC ?

This is a picture of the Cheetah/ROC which ran as a ROC 002 in the Le Mans 24 Hours of 1991. Unfortunately as with most of the 3.5 litre engined cars the ROC didn't last very long, retiring after a couple of hours.
Attached Thumbnails
Le Mans 1991 ROC.jpg  
Old 25 May 2020, 14:39 (Ref:3978222)   #2691
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Less than 15 minutes & GCC has answered my latest puzzle correctly!
Old 25 May 2020, 15:37 (Ref:3978231)   #2692
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
If you're talking about the ROC 2 liter engine, it was designed and developed with sprint races in mind. Strange enough the base was Peugeot/Chrysler and really bullet proof, supercharged it could give c 600 HP with no issue.
Question for Zef: in '79 Lambretta entered a car, which one?

Last edited by Gerard C; 25 May 2020 at 15:42.
Old 25 May 2020, 16:41 (Ref:3978236)   #2693
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
That's a really interesting concept. An engine designed for sprint racing, but made sure it is reliable to last longer, with a supercharger giving it more power when it needed. Great idea on paper. Always enjoy hearing those stories on revolutionary sportscars, especially at LM
Old 25 May 2020, 16:47 (Ref:3978238)   #2694
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Less than 15 minutes & GCC has answered my latest puzzle correctly!
Clearly Cheddars is a right smart A...……!

A usual I have not a clue.
Old 25 May 2020, 16:50 (Ref:3978240)   #2695
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCheddaris View Post
This is a picture of the Cheetah/ROC which ran as a ROC 002 in the Le Mans 24 Hours of 1991. Unfortunately as with most of the 3.5 litre engined cars the ROC didn't last very long, retiring after a couple of hours.
I tracked it down by picking up on the KOSIFA sponsorship on the windscreen. You have to use your head a bit with these sort of problems when you have no idea what it I all about.
Attached Thumbnails
cons    (1).JPG  
Old 25 May 2020, 16:55 (Ref:3978242)   #2696
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
I must be getting old, i do not remember the Cheetah with a 2litre encine, I felt sure it had a Cosworth DFL & then an Aston Martin engine.
The ROC was not called a Cheetah if I remember correctly.
Old 25 May 2020, 17:28 (Ref:3978250)   #2697
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
I must be getting old, i do not remember the Cheetah with a 2litre encine, I felt sure it had a Cosworth DFL & then an Aston Martin engine.
The ROC was not called a Cheetah if I remember correctly.
Only what I read on the net, ROC made the Cheetah, and yes a Cosworth engine, car was too heavy and lacked performance, and it went T.U in the end.

However, not my era.
Old 25 May 2020, 18:48 (Ref:3978266)   #2698
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
No problemo gents, just that my "interpretation" of Roc engine gives either the Chrysler base in 2 liter or the Peugeot one which was in 2.2 liter (overbored I think).
So if we make a mix between bauble and RBS' answers, could be a Cheetah built by ROC but with a Cossie engine. Right?
By the way, RB got it right re the Lambretta question!
Old 25 May 2020, 18:53 (Ref:3978267)   #2699
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
While we are in the Le Mans bizarre questions, do you remember the Alba's? They had something special… Guess what? I find this question very interesting because its mine and depending on the era there are different possible answers.
Old 25 May 2020, 19:04 (Ref:3978268)   #2700
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I do remember the name, weren’t they in the C2 class? Don’t remember hearing anything about any special trick they had up their sleeve though