Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Jul 2021, 16:21 (Ref:4062990)   #1
mawds21
Rookie

United Kingdom
London
mawds21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Belgian Grand Prix - access for UK spectators

Bought a pair of tickets a while back (I know it was a gamble). Apparently brits are a) allowed into Belgium to see the race, and b) can only get into the race if they have a “COVID Safe Ticket”. Apparently the ticket is available on an app for UK visitors but i have no idea what the app is, or how to use it.

Does anyone have any inside info to help??
Old 24 Jul 2021, 17:00 (Ref:4062995)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I’m afraid I don’t know, but check out the Le Mans thread. Similar discussion:
https://tentenths.com/forum/showthre...14#post4062814
Old 24 Jul 2021, 17:31 (Ref:4062998)   #3
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
I assume its referring to the NHS app (not the Covid 19 app), which you can find on the Play Store, which will record your Covid status, assuming you have been vaccinated. Just looked at mine and once logged in one of the "popular options" is "Get your Covid pass" - Ithink either as a digital version, or you can request a printed version.

Its easy enough to get the NHS app, from memory - I think you just need your NHS number - which will be printed on any prescription you've had......
Old 24 Jul 2021, 18:05 (Ref:4063004)   #4
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
I assume its referring to the NHS app (not the Covid 19 app), which you can find on the Play Store, which will record your Covid status, assuming you have been vaccinated. Just looked at mine and once logged in one of the "popular options" is "Get your Covid pass" - Ithink either as a digital version, or you can request a printed version.

Its easy enough to get the NHS app, from memory - I think you just need your NHS number - which will be printed on any prescription you've had......

You also need to take a photo of a "photo ID" such as a driving licence or passport during the application process which they check for authenticity during the process.
Old 24 Jul 2021, 21:26 (Ref:4063022)   #5
mawds21
Rookie

United Kingdom
London
Thanks all…. Unfortunately it’s completely distinct from the nhs app, it’s called a “COVID safe ticket”
Old 24 Jul 2021, 22:42 (Ref:4063028)   #6
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have no idea whether this will answer your problem or not but it seems a step in the right direction. I googled Covid Safe ticket and I found a link to a Belgian (in English) article talking of it as being a Belgian initiative and the details regarding . I have to say I did not read it all through so .... Anyway, The link:
https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/en/2021/07...d-safe-ticket/
Old 25 Jul 2021, 17:11 (Ref:4063114)   #7
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
looks like it’s the same as the french pass sanitaire, so it’s a more tricky to fake way of proving you’re negative.

unfortunately you’ll need to get a pcr test done i believe in belgium to provide you with a code that’s compatible with the app. currently the belgians do not accept the uk vaccination certificate.

belgium also isn’t currently accepting uk visitors except with a very good reason but hopefully that’ll change before the gp.
Old 26 Jul 2021, 21:54 (Ref:4063313)   #8
mawds21
Rookie

United Kingdom
London
Fortunately one of those very good reasons happens to be going to the Grand Prix…..same with Hungary this weekend
Old 26 Jul 2021, 23:28 (Ref:4063321)   #9
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i don’t entirely understand how belgium can offer the covid safe ticket to visitors from the uk when belgium itself doesn’t recognise the uk vaccination certificate for entry. so you can go to the event but only if you’ve fulfilled the entry requirements to belgium. they must know something about the change in status from red that we don’t.

are they sending you an essential travel certificate? (this is me just being curious of the mechanics of how its working now)

the hungary thing is really handy! it’s such a cool place, i’m massively envious.
Old 27 Jul 2021, 21:37 (Ref:4063479)   #10
mawds21
Rookie

United Kingdom
London
The entry requirements are:
1. COVID safe ticket
2. F1 ticket

To get #1 you only need a negative pcr test…..but you need to use a Belgian app to upload the thing, and that’s where everything breaks down. No idea if I can get the app or use the app
Old 28 Jul 2021, 05:12 (Ref:4063512)   #11
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawds21 View Post
The entry requirements are:
1. COVID safe ticket
2. F1 ticket

To get #1 you only need a negative pcr test…..but you need to use a Belgian app to upload the thing, and that’s where everything breaks down. No idea if I can get the app or use the app
Is there not a Belgian Consul in London you can 'have a chat' with?
Found something here which may help.

https://unitedkingdom.diplomatie.belgium.be/en

or even here on the gov.uk website guide to travelling to Belgium.
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...y-requirements

I imagine they (gov.uk) would probably take the 'jobsworth' approach and refer you to the Belgian authorities.
Good luck!
Old 28 Jul 2021, 05:36 (Ref:4063514)   #12
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
the embassy is a really good place to start - it’s exceptionally belgian of them to say that british people are able to use the covidsafe tickets and then for it to be impossible to do so! it may be a situation like the french pass sanitaire and it just needed a bit of time for them to integrate the uk certificates that were already accepted independantly.

i note the circuit website points out that the entry requirements for belgium and those for the circuit may differ, which is reference to the uk being a “red” country.

double check your testing obligations for belgium as a british visitor if you are allowed entry to belgium. the british gt event folk had a test when they left the uk, a test when they arrived, and then a test to reenter the uk. all but the one to reenter the uk needed to be pcr, all needed to be paid for.

can’t wait for all this to be at least streamlined
Old 28 Jul 2021, 21:56 (Ref:4063668)   #13
mawds21
Rookie

United Kingdom
London
Thanks, super useful. This past 12 months have been a disaster, so hope boris starts making some friends on the continent. So far had Monaco AND Bahrain cancelled. Thankfully the guys we booked through were v good at refunding us but figured this time I’d just buy tickets and sort the rest out myself….downside being that you’re on your own if logistics are painful
Old 29 Jul 2021, 15:49 (Ref:4063797)   #14
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
For the Spa 24 hours you no longer need to provide proof of a negative test or vaccination:

https://twitter.com/24HoursofSpa/sta...59477653962753

Presumably the same rules will be applied to the GP?