Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Which will be the first 2020 GP?
Australia 0 0%
Bahrain 0 0%
Vietnam 0 0%
China 0 0%
Netherlands 0 0%
Spain 0 0%
Monaco 0 0%
Azerbaijan 0 0%
Canada 2 5.13%
France 2 5.13%
Austria 1 2.56%
Britain 3 7.69%
Hungary 0 0%
Belgium 3 7.69%
Italy 0 0%
Singapore 2 5.13%
Russia 0 0%
Japan 2 5.13%
United States 1 2.56%
Mexico 0 0%
Brazil 0 0%
Abu Dhabi 2 5.13%
Somewhere else 0 0%
There will not be a 2020 GP 21 53.85%
There will never be another GP 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 7 Jul 2021, 23:08 (Ref:4060340)   #2076
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
F1 will definitely have a race in Australia in 'regular' circumstances.
Old 8 Jul 2021, 03:48 (Ref:4060356)   #2077
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
This Grand Prix fan had his second shot two weeks ago but was never under any illusion that the race would proceed.

A March date in 2022 is pure fantasy and and a November date unlikely in the extreme.
Absolutely spot on.
Old 8 Jul 2021, 13:24 (Ref:4060400)   #2078
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post

Hopefully things will ‘regular’ in good time
Old 8 Jul 2021, 14:37 (Ref:4060412)   #2079
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Nothing lasts forever, Adelaide is an example of that along with Malaysia and a whole lot of GP's that no longer exist.
Old 8 Jul 2021, 15:33 (Ref:4060417)   #2080
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I would be surprised if we don’t see Australia back on the calendar once everything is settled
Old 8 Jul 2021, 16:08 (Ref:4060420)   #2081
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i hope so but anytime something is this dependent on government support you just never know.

part of me thinks that funding anything post covid that can help revitalize the tourism industry is a for sure go but then one cant fund everything.
Old 8 Jul 2021, 21:24 (Ref:4060467)   #2082
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Victorian government emphasised this week they have a contract running until 2025 and are currently in negotiations to extend this probably until 2030.
Old 8 Jul 2021, 23:30 (Ref:4060469)   #2083
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Nothing lasts forever, Adelaide is an example of that along with Malaysia and a whole lot of GP's that no longer exist.
Adelaide is a city. In Australia.

An Australian GP, in non-COVID circumstances, has been uninterrupted since 1985.
Old 9 Jul 2021, 01:26 (Ref:4060473)   #2084
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

An Australian GP, in non-COVID circumstances, has been uninterrupted since 1985.
Since 1928 interrupted only by the Second World War and now COVID.
Old 9 Jul 2021, 02:09 (Ref:4060475)   #2085
Casper
Veteran

Quote:

Yep, I have been there many times. Nothing is forever and Adelaide no longer has a GP. Political announcements by Governments are just that and nothing more until the ink is on the paper. it is unlikely that there would be no AGP extension but then no one can forecast the future.

Last edited by Casper; 9 Jul 2021 at 02:14.
Old 9 Jul 2021, 02:43 (Ref:4060477)   #2086
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Since 1928 interrupted only by the Second World War and now COVID.
Old 15 Jul 2021, 13:19 (Ref:4061089)   #2087
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well it's cancelled for me now as can't go because of Covid. Unfortunately Silverstone won't roll one ticket from a booking of four over, so if anyone wants a three day e-ticket for Stowe drop me a PM, not free obviously.
Old 15 Jul 2021, 13:44 (Ref:4061093)   #2088
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Zak Brown and a number of the McLaren team have had positive tests for coronavirus. Also some friends of mine who were at FOS at Goodwood last weekend are having to self-isolate due to having been in proximity to someone who's subsequently had a positive test.

One of them was packing the car to go to Silverstone when the test & trace people contacted them...
Old 15 Jul 2021, 14:58 (Ref:4061097)   #2089
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hopefully those who mugged Lando didn't have Covid. Because I doubt they would tell the trace people who all they mugged that day.

Richard
Old 16 Jul 2021, 01:20 (Ref:4061138)   #2090
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Zak Brown and a number of the McLaren team have had positive tests for coronavirus. Also some friends of mine who were at FOS at Goodwood last weekend are having to self-isolate due to having been in proximity to someone who's subsequently had a positive test.

One of them was packing the car to go to Silverstone when the test & trace people contacted them...
The unclear part is that the McLaren pilots, and Mr Andretti, and Mr Norris and Mr Ricciardo were in proximity with Mr Brown across the Goodwood weekend... or so the pics showed...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 16 Jul 2021, 08:08 (Ref:4061169)   #2091
S griffin
Veteran

I'm sure they will be fine, but we'll see. I just hope Mr Ricciardo and Mr Norris aren't prevented from racing. Anyway get well soon Mr Brown, hope you can get through this alright
Old 23 Jul 2021, 14:07 (Ref:4062856)   #2092
Casper
Veteran

The latest news from Oz https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/...23-p58ccz.html

Next year? Who knows but if I was to put money on it I would say no for an opening race, later on it is an each way bet at this point in time.
Old 27 Jul 2021, 08:20 (Ref:4063358)   #2093
Casper
Veteran

It appears there are moves afoot to move the AGP back so that it is not the opening round in 2022. Given the domestic issues in Oz at the moment it would be a fair bet that the promoter thinks the opening round won't be possible in March but I doubt a month later is going to help matters.

https://www.autoweek.com/racing/form...-doubleheader/
Old 28 Jul 2021, 04:02 (Ref:4063508)   #2094
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
It appears there are moves afoot to move the AGP back so that it is not the opening round in 2022. Given the domestic issues in Oz at the moment it would be a fair bet that the promoter thinks the opening round won't be possible in March but I doubt a month later is going to help matters.

https://www.autoweek.com/racing/form...-doubleheader/
F1 won’t be back in Australia until the 14 day quarantine rule is lifted regardless of infection or vaccination rates.That won’t happen until after the federal election which will be sometime between March and May.
November 2022 has always been the earliest feasible date.
Old 30 Jul 2021, 08:06 (Ref:4063925)   #2095
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
F1 won’t be back in Australia until the 14 day quarantine rule is lifted regardless of infection or vaccination rates.That won’t happen until after the federal election which will be sometime between March and May.
November 2022 has always been the earliest feasible date.
The plan just announced by the PM might would support this.
Old 30 Jul 2021, 14:04 (Ref:4063980)   #2096
Casper
Veteran

I was thinking of the knock on effect earlier tonight.

The request for a later race in 2022 was brought on by what I had predicted in earlier posts and that was the short time between a November race and a March race and the time between them being too short. If the 2022 race was to happen in November as seems likely then the 2023 race would either have to be put back to November for the same reason or one of the races might not happen and I will await the outcome with interest. One thing is for sure, 80% of the population is not going to be vaccinated any time soon.
Old 17 Aug 2021, 02:03 (Ref:4067122)   #2097
Casper
Veteran

I am surprised this thread has not attracted comment with the doubts about the calendar for the rest of the year particularly those races in the Americas.
Old 17 Aug 2021, 12:33 (Ref:4067184)   #2098
S griffin
Veteran

We haven't had a race cancellation since Oz last month. I did here there were some doubts about the Dutch GP a while back, but that will go ahead with 2/3rds capacity
Old 17 Aug 2021, 12:43 (Ref:4067193)   #2099
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I am surprised this thread has not attracted comment with the doubts about the calendar for the rest of the year particularly those races in the Americas.
Canada is already gone right? I haven't been following what the Covid restrictions are for Mexico, so I have no real idea what might happen there. I think short of there being a federal level travel ban from overseas (I just don't see that happening), I expect the GP in Texas to continue. Texas (on the whole) seems to be very pro... "lets pretend nothing is happening". However the race is in Austin (is it in city limits?) and what Austin city gov does might be a wildcard. But even then, I don't see it being cancelled short of zombies walking the streets in Texas.

(Texas locals feel free to point out where I may be wrong)

Richard
Old 17 Aug 2021, 13:18 (Ref:4067207)   #2100
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Austin is in the middle of challenging the governor's "no you can't make local rules" executive order lawsuits. Yeah, the smaller government is best guy is not letting smaller government work, don't think about it too hard or your head will hurt.

Chances of Texas not letting the GP go on is less than zero, only chance would be if FOM cancels it but that's doubtful. Near zero restrictions on baseball, preseason football and no mention of college football restrictions so draw your own conclusions.