Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 30 Jul 2021, 10:37 (Ref:4063950)   #1351
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Have ordered two antigen test kits so have a backup on site. Will be taking mine at earliest opportunity.

The site AstonGeoff shared has a calculator for when you should take your test. But it literally is just 3 days before your departure time - https://www.c19testing.co.uk/rapidtravel/#antigencalc
Old 30 Jul 2021, 10:46 (Ref:4063954)   #1352
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
The example on the UK website suggests that a Friday test is valid for Saturday, Sunday and Monday departures.

The belt-n-braces solution might be to do the local test on Friday and the self test on Saturday with the expectation that the Friday test is good for Monday and the Saturday test covers you if there is some issue and you have to return on Tuesday.
the govt advises it’s 72 hours, not measured in days. of all the gambles i’d take that’s absolutely not one of them! i travelled on 70 hours the other week and it made my arse sweat. the lady checking my paperwork had a good hard look at it.

humble advice from someone who’s done a fair bit of faffing now. pick your battles and keep it simple. don’t lay traps for yourself. they’re expensive to get out of.

that said i think i’ll be using that service next time i’m travelling off my own back, particularly in france, and especially if astongeoff’s had good experiences with it.

Last edited by bella; 30 Jul 2021 at 10:53.
Old 30 Jul 2021, 11:46 (Ref:4063960)   #1353
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thank you very much everyone (AstonGeoff, Bella, Truck et al) for info, it's great, and very reassuring, to have access to such a font of knowledge from people willing to take the time to share their opinions with options/suggestions/solutions...Tenths is a truly amazing support network for those of us needing advice and reassurance about 'technicalities', however experienced/knowledgeable we may think we are ourselves!

I think I've concluded the same as Rich, that AstonGeoff's original suggestion of taking self test kits is probably the least disruptive option, in terms of potentially missing track action to get a test done. I'm going to order two different versions, to allow for my probable inability to understand the instructions of exactly what I need to do to self administer and post the result online (I prefer to underestimate my abilities in these things . I'll order further tests as necessary for once back in the UK, once I know what the government intends to do with France's listing (which will hopefully go to Amber from Amber Plus).
Old 30 Jul 2021, 11:55 (Ref:4063961)   #1354
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Actually on holiday out of Le Mans but I'll try to find a pharmacy maybe the one near home not so far from your accomodation that could make antigen tests without booking to get an immediate result.

Envoyé de mon SM-A600FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Eric, enjoy the rest of your holiday, mate, and don't worry about 'Les Rosbifs' in a pickle about their Covid tests!!!
Old 30 Jul 2021, 12:00 (Ref:4063962)   #1355
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michel Vaillant View Post
I feel it will be a big challenge to keep a negative test after a journey at 24 …
Indeed. All this talk of hour many hours a negative test is valid for, if it comes back Positive you're sunk (and stuck in France?).

I guess the silver lining is that if you catch something in the crowd it might not show up in the test before return travel.

As always, those endeavouring to attend have my admiration.
Old 30 Jul 2021, 12:06 (Ref:4063964)   #1356
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post

I guess the silver lining is that if you catch something in the crowd it might not show up in the test before return travel.

As always, those endeavouring to attend have my admiration.
This is (and has been for a long time now) the killer for me. It's just not a risk I'm able to take, double-vacced or not. It depresses me no end and I shall be like a bear with a sore head for the second year running, but I have become fairly risk-averse over the last year and a half and I just can't take the risk of bringing any unwelcome 'souvenir' back with me....
Old 30 Jul 2021, 14:40 (Ref:4063985)   #1357
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
SO. for “reasons” i just spoke to somebody on the 119 number. he’s just told me very confidently from guidance in front of him that france will be standard amber from monday…

i can’t find ANYTHING to support that at all, anything refers to a potential change later next week….

Last edited by bella; 30 Jul 2021 at 15:31.
Old 30 Jul 2021, 15:45 (Ref:4063994)   #1358
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Michel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMichel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
SO. for “reasons” i just spoke to somebody on the 119 number. he’s just told me very confidently from guidance in front of him that france will be standard amber from monday…
Standard amber = no quarantine ?
Old 30 Jul 2021, 15:50 (Ref:4063995)   #1359
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Must be true, she used capitals and punctuation. Either that or she's been abducted by aliens.
Old 30 Jul 2021, 15:58 (Ref:4063996)   #1360
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post

i can’t find ANYTHING to support that at all, anything refers to a potential change later next week….
He didn't say which Monday though

I doubt it's this Monday, could be the next one though as the decisions on traffic light changes are made mid next week. Allegedly.

As long as it's before Monday 23rd August we'll all be happy!
Old 30 Jul 2021, 15:59 (Ref:4063997)   #1361
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
he did but i’ve left out a lot of the conversation for risk of leaving myself in a pickle i can’t find anything at all to back it up, like not even a rumour. the only thing that does back it up is flight prices and availability to the warm bit…
Old 30 Jul 2021, 16:02 (Ref:4063999)   #1362
sunny_hi
Rookie

United States
sunny_hi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
In a predominantly online world, France in general and the ACO in particular are wonderful throwbacks to an age when people phoned each other to get things done. Call them! I know, charming right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Charming or not, middle age or modern world, go for any solution that would produce results, only the result matters if I'm right.
Carrier pigeon anyone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
It works for me, but then I've emailed them quite a bit over the last few years. Address your message to Hélène......

I guess they're pretty busy right now.

Appreciate the previous replies. Did finally call them and they were very helpful over the phone. All things got sorted.

This forum is amazing. Hope to meet most of you at the event. Can I score a decal as well? I think I saw someone posted here about it.
Old 30 Jul 2021, 16:06 (Ref:4064001)   #1363
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I feel it will be a big challenge to keep a negative test after a journey at 24
There will be 50 000 spectators, so a little crowd. And peoples who are not fully vaccinated can easily transmit the virus. With the Delta, even with masks and lotion for hand, it seems difficult to be spared. Don’t forget vaccines are effective to prevent serious cases and hospitalisations, but not really the infection…
How right you are.
My eldest daughter, who's in her late 40s was vaccinated twice back in the spring and recently had a bout of Covid which was not pleasant. Without the vaccine it would have been worse of course
Old 30 Jul 2021, 16:17 (Ref:4064003)   #1364
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Eric, enjoy the rest of your holiday, mate, and don't worry about 'Les Rosbifs' in a pickle about their Covid tests!!!
I was confirmed the pharmacy where I go will make antigen tests on August 23rd. I was invite to recall one week before to be sure. But normally it will work.

Old 30 Jul 2021, 19:04 (Ref:4064032)   #1365
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Hope all the Brits attending will be granted a specially stamped medal by ACO, what an obstacle course it is for you all. May be for all spectators would be great.
Old 31 Jul 2021, 05:21 (Ref:4064087)   #1366
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
I was confirmed the pharmacy where I go will make antigen tests on August 23rd. I was invite to recall one week before to be sure. But normally it will work.

Eric, thank you very much for your continued help, it's very much appreciated!

In the end, I think we might take self testing kits with us from the UK, it takes all the guesswork out of the situation, so we won't be worrying about it once we arrive (if we arrive ).
Old 31 Jul 2021, 05:44 (Ref:4064088)   #1367
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Hope all the Brits attending will be granted a specially stamped medal by ACO, what an obstacle course it is for you all. May be for all spectators would be great.
You know, Gerard, I think it's not quite as complicated as we're managing to make it seem (not everyone maybe, but me for sure ), we just need the rules and restrictions on travel between our countries pinned down for the duration of Le Mans week, and to understand the necessary actions and documentation to make the trip. It's the uncertainty, I believe, rather than obstacles.

And now this morning I'm reading about the next potential twist on the UK/France travel rollercoaster ride, with the UK government set to introduce YET ANOTHER category on their traffic light system, the 'Amber Watchlist' for countries which could be transferred to the Red List at short notice, with France, Spain and Italy the most likely countries to go on this new list. Yikes!!!

Everything will hinge on what the UK government announce at their next (and presumably last before Le Mans) travel update on the 4th or 5th August.

But we remain positive......for now.

Last edited by Bentley03; 31 Jul 2021 at 06:02. Reason: Can't spell ;)
Old 31 Jul 2021, 08:00 (Ref:4064095)   #1368
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Michel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMichel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
This is (and has been for a long time now) the killer for me. It's just not a risk I'm able to take, double-vacced or not. It depresses me no end and I shall be like a bear with a sore head for the second year running, but I have become fairly risk-averse over the last year and a half and I just can't take the risk of bringing any unwelcome 'souvenir' back with me....

All the more , in France, mask is no longer required in places when there is a "pass sanitaire" mandatory.

https://www.francebleu.fr/infos/sant...ire-1626775382

At Le Mans, "normal life" is almost income. Good for us, but for Brits, it could be a problem with your own rules about "contact cases" and self isolating after your journey in France...
Old 31 Jul 2021, 08:10 (Ref:4064096)   #1369
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
a lot of us are big on preparation, planning and sorting things out ahead of time so we don’t get into bother or have to stress about it on the day, so that makes it look a lot worse than it is!

this is the only part i’m angry with the uk government for messing up. lots of things that haven’t turned out to be correct have been situations we haven’t faced in living memory. this amber plus nonsense with reunion itself not even on the red list is an insult.

what i’d say about masks is that i’m really cautious now because i can’t afford to catch it (iykyk), and wear one whenever people are remotely close, inside or out. there’s lots of others who do the same in france and the uk, you don’t feel out of place, and i would say that this is the best way to keep yourself safe. find a good ffp3 mask that’s comfortable for you and bulk buy. they’re more resistant to sweat and rain, and more reusable than the surgical style.
Old 31 Jul 2021, 08:45 (Ref:4064099)   #1370
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Yes, i agree,
I think it will be a good idea to buy a good mask, and a little bottle of alcohol lotion always in the pocket

For my part, i decide to renounce this year. Ok, for me, it's not a logistical issue, i live at La Sarthe

But, i fear this year, the atmosphere will be disappointing and ponderous, cause sanitary rules.
I hope to see the "true" Le Mans next year. With huge crowd, full campsites, pesage in town, parade des pilotes, sun, fun-fair, concerts. And overall, without masks and social distanciations
Old 31 Jul 2021, 09:01 (Ref:4064102)   #1371
Samoan Attorney
Veteran

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And for those brave souls amongst you who are going, news just in. Always going to be a challenge to get the right people in France during August.

Sarthe. More than 400 positions still to be filled for the 24 Hours of Le Mans

https://www.ouest-france.fr/pays-de-...o_euid=3826049
Old 31 Jul 2021, 09:27 (Ref:4064108)   #1372
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I hope to see the "true" Le Mans next year. With huge crowd, full campsites, pesage in town, parade des pilotes, sun, fun-fair, concerts. And overall, without masks and social distanciations
Hallelujah to that, Michel. I have to be back next year.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoan Attorney View Post
And for those brave souls amongst you who are going, news just in. Always going to be a challenge to get the right people in France during August.

Sarthe. More than 400 positions still to be filled for the 24 Hours of Le Mans

https://www.ouest-france.fr/pays-de-...o_euid=3826049
That's a little worrying with so little time to go.....
Old 31 Jul 2021, 11:12 (Ref:4064122)   #1373
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
That's a little worrying with so little time to go.....
feels like a product of the french employment system to me, and not just the august factor!
Quote:
But, i fear this year, the atmosphere will be disappointing and ponderous, cause sanitary rules.
been thinking hard about this, and for me, being a part of these strange le mans events is just as important as the big pre-covid events. this is a part of history too. especially this one. i understand why people aren't interested and the ballache/gain balance is tipped towards pain for them, and i fully 100% respect that - it would have been my view too as a spectator. it's a lot of money, effort and organising to do for something that will be barely a quarter of the event we normally enjoy.
Old 31 Jul 2021, 11:23 (Ref:4064123)   #1374
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Not a lack of interest from me Bella, far from it.... Although I do wonder just how good the experience will be. It's simple risk as far as I'm concerned.
Old 31 Jul 2021, 15:21 (Ref:4064185)   #1375
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Yes, i agree,

I think it will be a good idea to buy a good mask, and a little bottle of alcohol lotion always in the pocket

For my part, i decide to renounce this year. Ok, for me, it's not a logistical issue, i live at La Sarthe

We always have little bottles of alcohol at the meeting when we are close to each others to chat. Well! I conceed not so little.