Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 10 Sep 2007, 14:18 (Ref:2008541)   #251
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
it seems that every year TVR/MArcos etc have built another pre66 car, for each of those another MGB gets built, and there are less and less saloons contesting . . .is this beacause saloons don't want to do it or are they being pushed out ?
Old 10 Sep 2007, 14:34 (Ref:2008552)   #252
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Roger Wills and Esper are also entered.

Really looking forward to it.

Terry's sharing the Capri in the Top Hat race and Ken Clarke is pedalling it with me in the Barry Race.
Old 10 Sep 2007, 14:56 (Ref:2008560)   #253
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Ah someone to race with .
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 10 Sep 2007, 15:10 (Ref:2008571)   #254
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER
Ah someone to LAP .
no need to be cheeky
Old 10 Sep 2007, 15:55 (Ref:2008615)   #255
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBRM
I'm expecting to hear that car number 7 is the first MGB home, well, at least the first 1853 engine home!
No pressure there then,its possibly the only one out there!
Old 10 Sep 2007, 15:59 (Ref:2008618)   #256
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Ah someone to race with .
Ah someone to LAP .

Joe - you altered Gordon's post - it is therefore ineligible and does not comply with the regulations! It's not even a replica or continuation post!
Old 10 Sep 2007, 16:02 (Ref:2008621)   #257
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Zef, I dont think the Saloon,s are being pushed out,but there does seem to be more TVR,s creeping out now,plus of course the "B"s.There always seem,s to be 12/13 "B"s every year.Whizzo,s looking forward to it though!

Just as well you spotted that John,he might have gotten away with it!
Now the secret is out ,you know ,I,m really looking forward to the Capri drive.Thank,s Simon and everyone else.This should be a brilliant weekend,there,l be a lot of us there so there should be no excuse for us not to meet up.Pete and myself should be next door to Esper,could be a party coming off I think!

Last edited by terence; 10 Sep 2007 at 16:08.
Old 10 Sep 2007, 16:10 (Ref:2008625)   #258
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
go tententhers ! If you need assistance my rates are very reasonable, and I know how to lever Peter in and out of a car

Some people can be so rude,Can,t they Pete.
Old 10 Sep 2007, 16:55 (Ref:2008656)   #259
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Are there any videos of the track since it was altered or do I need to watch the GP next week?
Old 10 Sep 2007, 17:07 (Ref:2008663)   #260
Jeremy Hall
Racer

Jeremy Hall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Can anyone tell me where I can find the FIA App J regs concerning rollcages for 1993? I've downloaded the competitor info from the website but for the life of me I can't find any reference to 1993, even using the FIA search engine!
Peter What is your query-PM me, call me or post here
Old 10 Sep 2007, 17:48 (Ref:2008685)   #261
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
Are there any videos of the track since it was altered or do I need to watch the GP next week?

Eddy posted some footage in Trackside a couple of months ago.
Old 10 Sep 2007, 19:52 (Ref:2008791)   #262
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I did??

Watch the GP, maybe they will change the track again!
Old 10 Sep 2007, 20:27 (Ref:2008812)   #263
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On special demand:
have a look here.

Isn't that service?

It is not the fastest lap, but picture quality is good.
Old 11 Sep 2007, 05:25 (Ref:2009030)   #264
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hi Jeremy.

My cage is a six point MSA cage dating from 1994 (Safety Devices). It's the only thing on the list that I can't verify. I've added bars to the doors and across the main hoop. None of it is attached to the suspension points.
Old 11 Sep 2007, 07:20 (Ref:2009068)   #265
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
In that case Peter,it,s 100% legal[It has to be cos I,m going to drive it]
Old 11 Sep 2007, 07:43 (Ref:2009084)   #266
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
what about 2" main hoop Pete?

getting excitied now, new blocks prepped and painted, will start bolting engine bling to it today, should have it finished by the end of the weekend

Forgive me Johngee, for I have sinned in the ways of righteous regulation abuse
Old 14 Sep 2007, 14:05 (Ref:2012748)   #267
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Noticed in another thread a comment about TVR Granturas,fuel capacity etc,one thing that has always puzzled me is,how on earth can such a car be in the same catagorie as an MGB? It,s plastic ,weighs in at about 700kg,runs a crossflow head etc.One of lifes little puzzles,or should I start complaining to get them moved out of GTS11?.Judging by recent events on British circuits,a "B" is now a lot quicker anyway.
Old 14 Sep 2007, 15:03 (Ref:2012802)   #268
Brendan Roberts
Rookie

Brendan Roberts should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A recurring theme - regs! If a TVR is GTS11 then surely thats fine provided its run correctl yto those regs, and if you dont like it you can always flog and MGB and buy a TVR! But who is actually independently policing that the car is correct to the regs and not 'tweaked' to each owner/preparers own interpretation. I recently noticed a Lotus Elite with a fuel tank that looked like two large suitcases stacked on top of one another - thought 'ah, thats what I need for my Elite for Spa 6 hr' and was subsequently told that the car was not homologated with such a large capacity tank. It was only running in a 40 min race at the time so didnt need the capacity there, but if it aint right how come it is on the car - simple folk like me are too easily led in the wrong direction! Often expensively............
Old 14 Sep 2007, 15:35 (Ref:2012846)   #269
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
theres an easy way round over sized tanks . . . all entrants have their homologated tank capacity on their cap/tank and the regulated refiller can only put X amount it, no more. SIMPLE !!!

capacity will also be on the entrants details as well
Old 14 Sep 2007, 18:07 (Ref:2013005)   #270
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Absolutly Zef,It should be on the HTP Forms as well,then there is no argument.
Brendan,Have you not been reading the previous post,s, I,m against Kit Cars
Old 14 Sep 2007, 20:07 (Ref:2013089)   #271
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
its on the homologation papers so the FIa need a red hot poker . . . . to make sure it is on the HTP !

DING DING DING DING . . . . . we have something here . . . . . a hard simple fact no one can argue with, by Jingo its rocket science !!!!

I will offer cable ties FOC, if required, at the 6 hour to seal tanks between official fills. . .

at the very least it will stop some of them popping to Malmedy for a swift half mid race !
Old 14 Sep 2007, 20:53 (Ref:2013121)   #272
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
its on the homologation papers so the FIa need a red hot poker . . . . to make sure it is on the HTP !

DING DING DING DING . . . . . we have something here . . . . . a hard simple fact no one can argue with, by Jingo its rocket science !!!!

I will offer cable ties FOC, if required, at the 6 hour to seal tanks between official fills. . .

at the very least it will stop some of them popping to Malmedy for a swift half mid race !

It only makes a difference at one or 2 events a year - primarily the 6 hour.

The key issues in my view are weights, engine capacity and brakes (to correct spec).
Old 14 Sep 2007, 21:24 (Ref:2013149)   #273
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
Noticed in another thread a comment about TVR Granturas,fuel capacity etc,one thing that has always puzzled me is,how on earth can such a car be in the same catagorie as an MGB? It,s plastic ,weighs in at about 700kg,runs a crossflow head etc.One of lifes little puzzles,or should I start complaining to get them moved out of GTS11?.Judging by recent events on British circuits,a "B" is now a lot quicker anyway.
probably big bores
Old 14 Sep 2007, 21:27 (Ref:2013156)   #274
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
big tanks in historic race cars is an apendix K item and not a HTP item or????
Old 15 Sep 2007, 04:53 (Ref:2013344)   #275
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
As there are several long distance events,i e,three or more hours,I think that fuel tank capacity SHOULD have been included on the HTP.It has never been
on the original form,s.Perhaps the cars with the big engines [bent] would find that to be a bit of a handy cap?.
There,s enough empty space on the HTP for the Homologated Tank Capacity to be entered onto the forms at the circuit,that would save having to re-send them to the MSA etc

Last edited by terence; 15 Sep 2007 at 04:57.