Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Dec 2020, 11:34 (Ref:4025008)   #26
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
V3, with different interpretation of the middle chicane and no more long straight. I tried to create a chicane which would be fast and challenge drivers (maybe like Eau Rouge - but without the greatness).
Attached Thumbnails
myv3Yas_Marina_Circuit,_October_12,_2018_SkySat_(cropped).jpg  
Old 24 Dec 2020, 11:54 (Ref:4025019)   #27
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I seem to remember they were originally going to use that Eau Rouge type corner just after the pit exit that you can see on the map. Still wouldn’t have done much for the rest of the circuit though
Old 24 Dec 2020, 15:56 (Ref:4025081)   #28
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Just how could they get a eau rouge type corner on Yas
It’s flat!
Need a new fleet of Al Jaber ships to move enough dirt
Be highest place in Abu Dhabi or build a new circuit out at Habshan using the high dunes?
Old 24 Dec 2020, 16:02 (Ref:4025082)   #29
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Just how could they get a eau rouge type corner on Yas
It’s flat!
Need a new fleet of Al Jaber ships to move enough dirt
Be highest place in Abu Dhabi or build a new circuit out at Habshan using the high dunes?
You can always dig down to create elevation changes.
Old 24 Dec 2020, 16:08 (Ref:4025083)   #30
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
The water table is about 3 cms!
It’s a man made island!
Hope they don’t have a major storm!
Old 24 Dec 2020, 16:36 (Ref:4025089)   #31
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
They could just move the GP to Ferrari World
Old 24 Dec 2020, 16:44 (Ref:4025092)   #32
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

That’s next door and very flat.
Only decent thing on island is best golf course in Middle East!
Old 24 Dec 2020, 16:48 (Ref:4025094)   #33
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Geography, always challenging.

I like Ferrari World but never been to the GP.

Is the Golf course better than Qatar's? Again, don't play but I'm told Doha is very good.
Old 24 Dec 2020, 16:54 (Ref:4025096)   #34
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Better than Doha.
That is probably in top three.
Old 24 Dec 2020, 17:57 (Ref:4025104)   #35
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
That’s next door and very flat.
Only decent thing on island is best golf course in Middle East!

I was thinking more of the rollercoaster ride
Old 24 Dec 2020, 18:01 (Ref:4025105)   #36
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Which one, there are two?
Old 24 Dec 2020, 18:10 (Ref:4025108)   #37
S griffin
Veteran

Whichever has the most elevation change
Old 21 Jun 2021, 13:26 (Ref:4057609)   #38
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/a...track/6593146/

"We want to create more overtaking opportunities and to overall create a faster flowing race track, given the current rules of the vehicles."

And:

"One potential area for a change is the hairpin section before the long back straight.

The chicane before the hairpin tends to spread the cars out and makes it hard for battles to take place in to or out of the hairpin."
Old 21 Jun 2021, 18:24 (Ref:4057667)   #39
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi645 View Post
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/a...track/6593146/

"We want to create more overtaking opportunities and to overall create a faster flowing race track, given the current rules of the vehicles."

And:

"One potential area for a change is the hairpin section before the long back straight.

The chicane before the hairpin tends to spread the cars out and makes it hard for battles to take place in to or out of the hairpin."
The proposed changes:
https://www.racefans.net/2021/06/21/...season-finale/

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 21 Jun 2021 at 23:54. Reason: Making URK into a working Link
Old 21 Jun 2021, 21:03 (Ref:4057687)   #40
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i know Yas Marina is not everyone's favorite for the season ender but i like that they take the position seriously enough to make changes when the situation requires it. getting rid of the chicane before the hairpin sounds like the right move.

obviously its nice that they have the money to do this.
Old 22 Jun 2021, 10:59 (Ref:4057733)   #41
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Whereas i'm not sure the Albert Park changes will provide much more action, the Yas Marina ones almost certainly will.

2-3 long straights preceded and followed by heavy braking areas, and removal of a couple of fiddly grip preventing sections will be significantly better.
Old 22 Jun 2021, 14:34 (Ref:4057756)   #42
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I think they stole my ideas from two pages back.

I want my half a million pound consulting fee!
Old 22 Jun 2021, 18:22 (Ref:4057783)   #43
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I think they stole my ideas from two pages back.

I want my half a million pound consulting fee!

Take it in Robin Hood fashion: Stealing is not bad when good is done...
Constructive discussion: A conversion where participants are maximally open to yet critical of each others (and their own) arguments, with the intend of enhancing the knowledge, understanding and/or handling of it's subject.
Old 24 Jun 2021, 17:03 (Ref:4058022)   #44
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi645 View Post
New banked corner part of Abu Dhabi F1 track changes

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/ne...anges/6602969/
Old 24 Jun 2021, 17:34 (Ref:4058027)   #45
S griffin
Veteran

Have to say I’m liking what I’m seeing so far. Whether it makes the circuit into a classic I’m not sure, but it should have more of a flow to it, rather than being stop start as it was before
Old 26 Jun 2021, 02:37 (Ref:4058232)   #46
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Whereas i'm not sure the Albert Park changes will provide much more action,
not if the race doesnt go ahead
Old 17 Jul 2021, 23:13 (Ref:4061509)   #47
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I took a drive of the Albert Park circuit on Thursday (before the latest covid lockdown kicked in that night) and the Turn 9/10 complex is going to be interesting as it is GONE.

Should make the old 11/12 turns interesting as they'll be arriving a lot faster.
Old 27 Dec 2021, 04:08 (Ref:4091411)   #48
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Spa changes underway - more gravel.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/other...edgdhp&pc=U531
Old 27 Dec 2021, 10:04 (Ref:4091422)   #49
S griffin
Veteran

Can't wait to see it finished. Hopefully it will see less track limit controversies there and the drivers are in favour of it too.
Old 27 Dec 2021, 16:19 (Ref:4091449)   #50
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
From the 2019 Monaco GP thread:

To improve overtaking in Monaco, sacrilege or possible improvement?

Idea being that it helps overtaking at the chicane at the end of the tunnel by:

1 Making it easier to drive an alternative line and stay closer to the front car accelerating towards the tunnel.

2 Slightly longer straight allowing the natural slip stream to have more time (marginal effect is suspect).

3 Slightly higher speed approaching the chicane, resulting in longer braking zones and more chance of an overtake. (again marginal effect I suspect).

Side effect would be to have a nice more fluid chicane added to the Monaco track at Mirabeau Bas.

Second nice side effect you get a very nice shot of the sea there with the correct camera position.

Constructive discussion: A conversion where participants are maximally open to yet critical of each others (and their own) arguments, with the intend of enhancing the knowledge, understanding and/or handling of it's subject.