Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 17 Feb 2024, 18:26 (Ref:4197079)   #276
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
If you intend to begin at the very start, it was Grand Prix d'Endurance. I suggest you could begin withe the very first winning car: https://www.gts-series.com/fr/voitur...923-6682.xhtml
If the scale doesn't matter that much: https://ck-modelcars.de/fr/ixo-1-43-...-83368/?ref=gm May be for this part of your "rétrospective" you can go for 1/43?

Now, if you really "love to hear of any models that I have not seen so far" I suggest you make the list! Good luck (tis said friendly, poor french humor).
Old 18 Feb 2024, 10:20 (Ref:4197150)   #277
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Great, thank you, Gerard. I have just ordered that 1923 model

Only collect 1:18 models so I have my eyes open for any gaps. Other than 1950/1951 (unavailable as far as I am aware) and 2022/2023 (not ordered as yet) I am only looking for pre-war models now.
Old 18 Feb 2024, 10:35 (Ref:4197151)   #278
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Will keep an eye open in this field for you, Craig. Can't give much help personally because neither my late and much beloved Dad nor me could finish this race (Simca Gordini, valve train/ Lola 3L, head gasket). Which is a pure shame for me because I did finish all the endurance races, 12 and 24 h, I entered in! C'est la course as they say in Yorkshire.
Old 20 Feb 2024, 15:35 (Ref:4197465)   #279
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
1932 https://triplecrownmodelstore.com/fr...chinetti-spark
1937 https://www.miniatures-lyon.com/fr/p...1-18deg?page=3
The Delahaye 135 CS 1938 winner seems out of stock everywhere. If you don't mind the box, may be on ebay?

Do you have this pretty one already? https://boutique.lemans.org/fr/minia...ante-1959.html
Old 20 Feb 2024, 18:38 (Ref:4197484)   #280
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks for the input. I have all those which you linked (although you marked the 1939 model as 1932 above which threw me for a moment). I have never seen the 1938 model in 1:18? Have I missed that or is it 1:43 only currently?
Old 20 Feb 2024, 19:15 (Ref:4197486)   #281
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
You mean this one? https://www.ebay.fr/itm/285698130030...6&gad_source=1
Old 20 Feb 2024, 19:32 (Ref:4197488)   #282
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Lovely looking car that however it was the number 15 135S model which won that year.
Old 21 Feb 2024, 00:51 (Ref:4197535)   #283
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have several Bburago models and they are of similar quality to Maisto, if you're familiar with them. These are just street cars and are each at least a decade old, but they're fine. Nothing like Autoart or even higher end stuff. I think it would probably look fantastic in your cabinet while you save for something else or you might be happy with it. I am with mine.

Hey, he moved the Dodgers ball, what a guy!
Old 21 Feb 2024, 01:07 (Ref:4197539)   #284
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Hey, he moved the Dodgers ball, what a guy!
Legend. Although if it was me I would have moved it in front.
Old 28 Feb 2024, 21:43 (Ref:4198749)   #285
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
A new arrival

First of several new orders has arrived!

Love this one. Do not love the price. Nor the £52 VAT charge! It's only money though, hey, can't take it with you.
Attached Thumbnails
20240228_205618.jpg   20240228_205634.jpg   20240228_205659.jpg  

20240228_205714.jpg   20240228_213432.jpg  
Old 29 Feb 2024, 08:54 (Ref:4198793)   #286
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Very smart! £52 just on VAT...?
Old 29 Feb 2024, 09:33 (Ref:4198801)   #287
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Well I think it was £40 for VAT and £12 for Parcelfarce to handle the payment
Old 29 Feb 2024, 10:05 (Ref:4198807)   #288
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Very smart! £52 just on VAT...?
Pleasure lasts for ever while you forget about the price (french proverb). Access to the Panthéon is a privilege.
Old 29 Feb 2024, 13:03 (Ref:4198886)   #289
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Oooh this is going to be a popular addition to many collections:

https://www.diecastlegends.com/spark...-hours-21-1-18

I am lucky enough to have the CMC version but the pricing on that is insane so I know many people don't have that in their collection.
Old 29 Feb 2024, 21:21 (Ref:4198978)   #290
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh, Ok.

I see you are spending money you don't have just like the Dodgers.
Old 1 Mar 2024, 16:01 (Ref:4199149)   #291
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Another new arrival

1976 winner (by Werk83) just arrived. Quite a different experience opening this one with the very basic packaging however... 65 Euros compared to the almost 300 for yesterdays arrival. I think this is a bargain as, at the end of the day, the fancy box will be in the attic with the rest of them. I can see one or two very minor differences between this and the car shown in the photos from 1976 but a great effort for such a cheap price; a real step back to how collecting these things used to be. Didn't even get stung for VAT/customs this time.
Attached Thumbnails
20240301_154931.jpg   20240301_155024.jpg   20240301_155103.jpg  

20240301_155037.jpg  
Old 1 Mar 2024, 17:03 (Ref:4199163)   #292
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Do you already have the A 442 B #2 of '78?
Old 1 Mar 2024, 17:13 (Ref:4199167)   #293
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Yep Have everything from 1952 to 2022 currently with 2023 and 2024 on order.
Old 1 Mar 2024, 19:57 (Ref:4199214)   #294
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Now I'm livid. Clearly the Braves ball is a much better match for the Martini livery!

In all honesty, your post have reignited my interest in collecting. I've got over 70 diecast on display but have been searching for the AutoArt Lola Aston Martin for a reasonable price for the last few nights. I don't have a C6 or C7 and that needs to be fixed too.
Old 3 Mar 2024, 05:14 (Ref:4199661)   #295
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
And one thing I'm learning is that I should have bought these models when they were available direct from the manufacturer. A Hot Wheels branded 1:18 C6 diecast is going for $150 on ebay. Granted it's a Z06 in Velocity Yellow, but dang. The cheapest AutoArt is $325.

This raises a question... how much is my collection worth? I have the boxes for everything. Have I broken even or am I even in the green? Not that anything is for sale, but it might give me justification for my sickness.
Old 3 Mar 2024, 15:10 (Ref:4199733)   #296
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
This raises a question... how much is my collection worth? I have the boxes for everything.
Don't ask.
Old 3 Mar 2024, 19:35 (Ref:4199761)   #297
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Don't ask.
I was thinking of selling my collection sometime ago.
I have over 120 eighteenth scale cars, including some F1, some are over 20 years old. Also two complete collections of Atlas touring cars and formula one cars. Plus a few others of various scales and types. Also I was going to include the display cabinets in which they are showing. No idea of worth today, but quite a bit was spent in putting it together.
Old 4 Mar 2024, 14:50 (Ref:4199905)   #298
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
I think the answer to that very much depends on what they are, what condition they are in and whether the boxes are in good order. A case in point is the 1952 Mercedes which was previously a very rare model from CMC and which went for up to £1,000 for a good condition example. Spark have literally just released their version in the past week and that will sell at around £160 - £180 therefore, although the CMC version is far more interesting, the value imposed upon it by its rarity has gone.
Old 4 Mar 2024, 15:48 (Ref:4199914)   #299
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
I think the answer to that very much depends on what they are, what condition they are in and whether the boxes are in good order. A case in point is the 1952 Mercedes which was previously a very rare model from CMC and which went for up to £1,000 for a good condition example. Spark have literally just released their version in the past week and that will sell at around £160 - £180 therefore, although the CMC version is far more interesting, the value imposed upon it by its rarity has gone.
Cars are all in good condition, have boxes for all but two in reasonable condition. They vary between F1, touring/ GT/ Le Mans and general models. Makes are mixed, but not cheapest.
Old 6 Mar 2024, 19:36 (Ref:4200261)   #300
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Good idea to keep a watch on ebay then by the sound of it!