Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22 Jun 2006, 14:05 (Ref:1639126)   #11
jonners
Racer

jonners should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Munich Legends sometimes have their Bastos car on display in their showroom - absolutely beautiful - alloy (bolted in) rollcage (fabricated by Matter, I think) with adjustable joints to take up the slack as the bodyshell 'relaxes'....

One point that people often forget about these cars is that they really didn't weigh as much as you'd think.

A few years ago I had to drive to Southampton and back to London on a daily basis so 'borrowed' my father's M6....I discovered a fantastic road between Winchester and Farnham and had a ball on the way home each evening...the right noise, the right power...felt like 20 laps of Spa...

Another highlight for me (this is a great thread) - anyone remember those classic Autosport covers when Schnitzer kept winning the Spa 24 hrs? Race patina has always looked good on a great saloon - I'm going to frame some of those covers one day....

Tags
atcc, bavaria automobiles, btcc, cc motorsport, dieter quester, dpm, dtm, eggenberger, frank gardner, garage du bac, group a, hans stuck, helmut kelleners, james weaver, jim richards, ravaglia, schnitzer, spa 24 hours, sytner, umberto grano