Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26 Apr 2010, 19:19 (Ref:2680112)   #22
phoenix
Veteran

European Union
phoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridphoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn Slater View Post
Also interested in the calcs to determine cam profile. Any suggestions where i can find info for further study?

Robyn
Hi Robyn

I have my own and very crude method of evaluating the duration required, based on cylinder capacity and revs required, which I have devised myself. Nominal lift I determine from valve diameter and the calculated gas speed through the curtain area. These are both very, very crude and I would never spec my own cam as I am certain I haven't mastered the finer details of cam design - I would always talk to an expert and get their advice.

If you are seriously developing an engine and they know you are going to give it the dyno time and all the other effort involved, there are cam manufacturers who will do their best to arrive at the correct cam profile even if it takes a couple of attempts. If you want to know who I would suggest you talk to, drop me a PM.

Bye the way, I thought you were a twincam man?