Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 15 Nov 2001, 01:53 (Ref:174767)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alec Pinsonault

I heard that Alec Pinsonault,from Windsor Ontario just bought the cars and garage from Ernie Irvin. I am not sure if his same ASA drivers, Tim Sauter & Johnny Sauter will be driving in NASCAR. Has anyone heard anything or is it true or just a rumor?
Old 15 Nov 2001, 03:42 (Ref:174773)   #2
Lee
Racer

Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've heard nothing about this. Usually, when something like this happens, or even if there is a rumor of something potentially happening like this, it is very quickly picked up, and published on Jayski's Silly Season, but there has been nothing about it there. As for Tim Sauter, he will be driving a Busch Grand National car for Richard Childress Racing next year. This is the same car that Harvick won the Busch Series Championship with this year. Originally Sauter was going to drive the cars when the Busch races were stand alone events, and Harvick was going to drive it at the races that were run in conjunction with the Winston Cup events, but Childress changed his mind, and Sauter will drive the cars in all of the Busch races. As for Johnny Sauter, have heard no plans as to what he will be doing next season, I assume (yeah, I know you shouldn't assume) that he will be, once again racing in the ASA, but don't know.
Old 15 Nov 2001, 10:14 (Ref:174817)   #3
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought they said that Johnny was going to get the #21 Childress BGN ride next year during the broacast of the Homestead race last week.
Old 15 Nov 2001, 12:57 (Ref:174880)   #4
Lee
Racer

Was it Johnny? I had thought I heard, or read that Tim was the one in the Childress car for next year, but I could very well be mistaken. :confused: Heck, there was three of four of them running in the Busch Race at Homestead last weekend. No wonder all the :confused: How many more Sauter's are there out there?
Old 15 Nov 2001, 13:45 (Ref:174892)   #5
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lee, maybe Tim gets the #3 and Johnny gets the #21.
Old 15 Nov 2001, 14:15 (Ref:174902)   #6
Lee
Racer

I don't know, could be. Guess we didn't go very far in helping Liz with the answer to her question, probally just confused her more. Sorry Liz
Old 15 Nov 2001, 14:24 (Ref:174904)   #7
Joe Fan
Veteran

Boris Said used to drive a Ernie Irvan Craftsman Truck. Wasn't Ernie's shop based out in California or it is in North Carolina somewhere? Do you think this guy is going to put something together for Randy McDonald or Ron Fellows?

Last edited by Joe Fan; 15 Nov 2001 at 14:25.
Old 15 Nov 2001, 15:32 (Ref:174917)   #8
Lee
Racer

Very difficult to say, McDonald, maybe, that would make sense, but as for Fellows, I don't think so. If Fellows ever gets a shot at a full time Busch, or Winston Cup ride, IMO, it will be with Joe Nemichek (Sp). First off, he's fairly old, in his 40s, if I'm not mistaken. Contraty to what the open-wheel crowd thinks, NASCAR is not a retirment series. While true that many Winston Cup, and Busch Series competitors race well up into their 50s, and in some cases, Hershel McGriff and Stubb Fadden, for example, well beyond, but these drivers have been racing in NASCAR either all, or the largest majority of their careers. That's quite a bit different from a driver jumping into an entirly different type of car, in an entirely dissimilar form of racing, in the twilite of his career, as the open-wheelers seem to think that they can do! Fellows is in this same boat. He has spent his career, for the most part, in sportscars, which by all accounts, he has been outstanding in. He has however, only made occasional forays into NASCAR, and with the exception of 1 attempt at an oval, New Hampshire, where he did terrible, spinning out on three seperate times, only on road-courses. The same problem, disimilar cars, disimilar tracks, completely different. I am not saying anything bad about Ron Fellows, only that he has waited until too late in the game, to make a series switch, and be anything more that an also-ran in the NASCAR, with the exception of when they go to road-courses, Humm, sounds alot like somebody else that I know of too, any guess as to who? As to Irvan, I believe his shop was in North Carolina.

Last edited by Lee; 16 Nov 2001 at 00:47.
Old 16 Nov 2001, 02:41 (Ref:175292)   #9
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks guys. Checked a couple other people I know and they had not heard anything either. Guess it was just a rumor.
Old 16 Nov 2001, 02:45 (Ref:175293)   #10
Lee
Racer

Your welcomed Liz.