Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Nov 2018, 21:22 (Ref:3861462)   #271
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Foul in Game
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm not entirely convinced though that all of the errors were down to trying to outperform the car. Take Germany for instance. Desperation to keep the title alive had a smidge to do with it as well....
Old 7 Nov 2018, 00:03 (Ref:3861497)   #272
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'm not entirely convinced though that all of the errors were down to trying to outperform the car. Take Germany for instance. Desperation to keep the title alive had a smidge to do with it as well....
Sticking it in the wall is never going to be good, but he was caught out in mixed conditions as were a bunch of other cars, also Kimi who was directly behind Vettel did not manage to hold position against the Mercs, so Vettel would have been under a lot of pressure to keep his lap times very low, and that was why he was probably pressured into a mistake.
Hamilton was also granted a free pass by the stewards for his pit entrance change, and Bottas on full wets was prevented from winning by Mercedes.
Old 7 Nov 2018, 08:09 (Ref:3861563)   #273
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Germany was completely Vettel's error. But I am still thinking would it have happened had Ferrari called Kimi back 10 laps earlier. It was clear that Vettel was faster. He would have had a bigger lead meaning he would have been under less pressure.

Yes, the driver should not throw it away under any circumstances. But that might have contributed.
Old 7 Nov 2018, 08:49 (Ref:3861576)   #274
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!
I think he could have bridged the gap without the mistakes, as sometimes the Ferrari has outperformed the Merc.
Old 3 Dec 2018, 04:22 (Ref:3867562)   #275
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!
The problem with Ferrari for 2019.

Vettel v Leclerc

and

Arrivabene v Binotto the Ferrari Technical Director who was apparently going to be promoted to team Principle at the end of 2018 before the death of Sergio Marchionne.

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/n...power-struggle

Last edited by wnut; 3 Dec 2018 at 04:29.
Old 3 Dec 2018, 17:26 (Ref:3867681)   #276
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
Hughes has a tendency to overinflate the drama when it comes to Ferrari. I don't believe a word he says about it anymore.
Old 3 Dec 2018, 17:57 (Ref:3867685)   #277
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post

Vettel v Leclerc

and

Arrivabene v Binotto the Ferrari Technical Director who was apparently going to be promoted to team Principle at the end of 2018 before the death of Sergio Marchionne.

Leclerc’s fastest time in the test shows he can take on the challenge. Gonna be interesting between them 2
Old 3 Dec 2018, 18:09 (Ref:3867687)   #278
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
Also in my opinion Leclerc will be better than Raikkonen and will be able to beat Bottas right from the start.
Old 4 Dec 2018, 10:01 (Ref:3867804)   #279
Cinghio44
Racer

Italy
Abruzzo
Cinghio44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post

Vettel v Leclerc

and

I really think is true. The only doubt of this story is over the figure of Binotto as head of the team

But this scenario I think is true by judging also the way Arrivabene made comments after loosing the driver championship. And we know that Marchionne don't wanted to be a loseer. So...

With a new management I think that something has changed. But Ferrari should not, must not lose Binotto! And I think Arrivabene is definitely not the right person to lead the Ferrari to success
Old 4 Dec 2018, 16:49 (Ref:3867888)   #280
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
what, if anything, do we know about the new Ferrari CEO and their views on how the F1 team should be run?
Old 6 Dec 2018, 00:16 (Ref:3868172)   #281
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinghio44 View Post
I really think is true. The only doubt of this story is over the figure of Binotto as head of the team

But this scenario I think is true by judging also the way Arrivabene made comments after loosing the driver championship. And we know that Marchionne don't wanted to be a loseer. So...

With a new management I think that something has changed. But Ferrari should not, must not lose Binotto! And I think Arrivabene is definitely not the right person to lead the Ferrari to success
I agree with you, Binotto is the key to Ferrari's success, and anything that makes him unhappy should go, including, probably especially his boss Arrivabene if he is not smoothing Binotto's way.
Old 6 Dec 2018, 12:43 (Ref:3868255)   #282
greentrumpet
Rookie

greentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But hasn't Vettell been the main reason Ferrari haven't won at least 1 of the last 2 WDCs?
Old 6 Dec 2018, 13:18 (Ref:3868260)   #283
E.B
Veteran

Australia
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrumpet View Post
But hasn't Vettell been the main reason Ferrari haven't won at least 1 of the last 2 WDCs?
He has not helped his case with some silly errors, but win as a team lose as a team as they say.
Old 6 Dec 2018, 15:43 (Ref:3868299)   #284
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrumpet View Post
He's the main reason they've even gotten close.
Old 6 Dec 2018, 18:20 (Ref:3868341)   #285
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
He's the main reason they've even gotten close.
As if Ricciardo or Alonso wouldn't have done better.