Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 22 Jan 2004, 15:09 (Ref:846908)   #1
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
carrera should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thread split from http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=48143
Redshoes

Anyone got any news on 2004 regs and entry forms etc? March 13th is only 7 weeks away.
Old 22 Jan 2004, 15:23 (Ref:846921)   #2
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gosh you're keen - anyone would think your car was all ready and back together !
Old 22 Jan 2004, 15:24 (Ref:846923)   #3
Chris Griffin
Racer

England
Theale, Berkshire, UK
Chris Griffin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should be due imminently. I'm told the regs have been delayed because they have been lodged with the MSA for approval and theyre taking their time getting the green light.
Old 22 Jan 2004, 15:35 (Ref:846936)   #4
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
Quote:
Originally posted by josvandeperre
Gosh you're keen - anyone would think your car was all ready and back together !

It is nearly ready - just needs an engine and gearbox.

And some electrics.

And brakes.

And safety equipment.

And a dash.

etc,

etc,

etc,
Old 22 Jan 2004, 21:19 (Ref:847442)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mine needs a chassis tweek removed, new bodywork and a gearbox rebuild.

I on the other hand need an eye test and glasses/lens', eyes etc. Bugger this getting old thing!
Old 23 Jan 2004, 08:11 (Ref:847889)   #6
Chris Griffin
Racer

England
Theale, Berkshire, UK
Chris Griffin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have the Regs!! Will put them on the site today.
Old 23 Jan 2004, 09:11 (Ref:847929)   #7
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
My mailed CT set arrived this am too
Old 23 Jan 2004, 10:40 (Ref:848037)   #8
apguy
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Suffolk
apguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chris,

Got my Grp1 stuff today as well...

Just for the old/senile or plain lazy folks (like me) are there any changes in the Grp1 regs from last year or the year before? I seem to have spotted a bit about TCA's may be modified which I think is new.

Cheers
Old 23 Jan 2004, 12:59 (Ref:848161)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by apguy
TCA's may be modified which I think is new.

Cheers
We've always been able to modify them but to what extent do the regs say? Previously you couldn't make them adjustable nor could you cut them and make them longer. You could put rose joints in the inner end though.
Old 23 Jan 2004, 13:43 (Ref:848207)   #10
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
Nothing in the post this morning but what can one expect when living so far away from the real life of the big smoke.
Old 23 Jan 2004, 14:16 (Ref:848254)   #11
apguy
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Suffolk
apguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peter,

5.8 Suspension
Suspension type must remain unaltered. The original type of suspension components must be employed in their original positions but may be stengthened except that Track Control Arms may be modified locally soley for the purpose of adjusting length and Macpherson Strut top mounts are free.

I think this is a change from prev years?

Andrew
Old 23 Jan 2004, 14:18 (Ref:848258)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Certainly is. What prompted that?
Old 23 Jan 2004, 14:38 (Ref:848283)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I have to say I am disappointed by this. I can see that by allowing adjustable TCA's it saves a lot of time, development and cash. However Those of us who've been racing for some time have gone through a lot of pain in order to stick with the regs as they were intended.
Old 24 Jan 2004, 20:11 (Ref:849543)   #14
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
OK. The regs for Classic Thunder have arrived, now for five points can anyone explain how one upgrades an alloy fuel tank to FT3 spec?
Old 24 Jan 2004, 22:18 (Ref:849643)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Shove
loads of fome in it.
Old 25 Jan 2004, 09:24 (Ref:849870)   #16
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
Is it really that simple Peter?

Blue book states a requirement of certification and are only manufactured by authorised companies.

FIA appendix J article 253.14.2 states "full specification can be obtained on request from FIA Secreteriat".

Classic Thunder regs require use of standard fuel tank or tank to FT3 spec for this season. Does this rule apply to other championships?
Old 25 Jan 2004, 09:48 (Ref:849881)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I had a new one built last year and we put foam in it. I carry photo's for any scrutineering questions but you can see the foam if you look down the filler tube.
Old 26 Jan 2004, 09:26 (Ref:850735)   #18
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
The G1 regs are different - inevitably - fuel tanks are free subject to MSA requirements - does this mean a G1 car with a replacement tank can no longer race in CT ?
Old 26 Jan 2004, 09:58 (Ref:850761)   #19
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
Morning Jos, your car is only one of a few that runs in CT with an alloy tank sitting inside the car. My feeling is that G1 racers such as yourself are not going to want to spend out on "upgrading" a fuel tank for the want of an occasional second race.
If the G1 regs call for tanks to MSA requirements it could be that yours will require changing.
Old 26 Jan 2004, 11:45 (Ref:850906)   #20
SNH
Racer

England
Staffordshire, England
SNH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pete - the regs on the TCA mod was voted in at the AGM
Old 26 Jan 2004, 12:34 (Ref:850958)   #21
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Steve,

Iknow.
Old 29 Jan 2004, 20:00 (Ref:855580)   #22
big andy
Veteran

United Kingdom
doncaster
big andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbig andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
whats this about fuel tanks .mines a alloy one in the boot with a fire wall between me and it would this b ok?
Old 29 Jan 2004, 20:17 (Ref:855597)   #23
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
2004 regs for Classic Thunder state that the fuel tank must be to FT3 spec if it is not the original tank. Still trying to find out what the FT3 spec involves.
Old 30 Jan 2004, 06:49 (Ref:856005)   #24
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally posted by carrera
2004 regs for Classic Thunder state that the fuel tank must be to FT3 spec if it is not the original tank. Still trying to find out what the FT3 spec involves.

There y'go.

http://www.tecno2.co.uk/tank.htm
Old 30 Jan 2004, 09:49 (Ref:856154)   #25
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
In other words alloy tanks only work in G1 - full monty for CT - how very sensible - keeps the G1 riffraff out of CT......