Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 25 Jan 2004, 09:24 (Ref:849870)   #16
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
carrera should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it really that simple Peter?

Blue book states a requirement of certification and are only manufactured by authorised companies.

FIA appendix J article 253.14.2 states "full specification can be obtained on request from FIA Secreteriat".

Classic Thunder regs require use of standard fuel tank or tank to FT3 spec for this season. Does this rule apply to other championships?
Old 25 Jan 2004, 09:48 (Ref:849881)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I had a new one built last year and we put foam in it. I carry photo's for any scrutineering questions but you can see the foam if you look down the filler tube.
Old 26 Jan 2004, 09:26 (Ref:850735)   #18
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The G1 regs are different - inevitably - fuel tanks are free subject to MSA requirements - does this mean a G1 car with a replacement tank can no longer race in CT ?
Old 26 Jan 2004, 09:58 (Ref:850761)   #19
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
Morning Jos, your car is only one of a few that runs in CT with an alloy tank sitting inside the car. My feeling is that G1 racers such as yourself are not going to want to spend out on "upgrading" a fuel tank for the want of an occasional second race.
If the G1 regs call for tanks to MSA requirements it could be that yours will require changing.
Old 26 Jan 2004, 11:45 (Ref:850906)   #20
SNH
Racer

England
Staffordshire, England
SNH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pete - the regs on the TCA mod was voted in at the AGM
Old 26 Jan 2004, 12:34 (Ref:850958)   #21
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Steve,

Iknow.
Old 29 Jan 2004, 20:00 (Ref:855580)   #22
big andy
Veteran

United Kingdom
doncaster
big andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbig andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
whats this about fuel tanks .mines a alloy one in the boot with a fire wall between me and it would this b ok?
Old 29 Jan 2004, 20:17 (Ref:855597)   #23
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
2004 regs for Classic Thunder state that the fuel tank must be to FT3 spec if it is not the original tank. Still trying to find out what the FT3 spec involves.
Old 30 Jan 2004, 06:49 (Ref:856005)   #24
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally posted by carrera
2004 regs for Classic Thunder state that the fuel tank must be to FT3 spec if it is not the original tank. Still trying to find out what the FT3 spec involves.

There y'go.

http://www.tecno2.co.uk/tank.htm
Old 30 Jan 2004, 09:49 (Ref:856154)   #25
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In other words alloy tanks only work in G1 - full monty for CT - how very sensible - keeps the G1 riffraff out of CT......
Old 30 Jan 2004, 09:53 (Ref:856160)   #26
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I think your point is well made. But do Alloy tanks comply with the latest MSA rules?
Old 30 Jan 2004, 11:47 (Ref:856265)   #27
zefarelly
Veteran

England
zefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
why wouldnt they Pete? mines ally, baffled and foam filled, if fits exactly as the original, but its a bit bigger, the only difference is that the filler is from the top so the pipes run inside the car (copper) rather than underneath, and the addition of a vent in the top as well.
Old 30 Jan 2004, 11:55 (Ref:856269)   #28
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I haven't seen the new Blue Book so I'm asking the question. FT3 are foam filled "rubber" bag style tanks. And very expensive.

BTW. I run my fuel lines through the habitical but they are aeroquiop and the connectors are beyond the bulkheads. Not sure copper will suffice becuse in an accident they can split if flexed. You may want to check this.
Old 30 Jan 2004, 12:22 (Ref:856290)   #29
Slowcoach
Racer

Slowcoach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes - agree they do seem very expensive - won't this just encourage people to just leave the standard tank in place - which if I understand this thread properly is allowable ? Surely an alloy tank along the lines of that mentioned earlier is better ? Or am I missing something?
Old 30 Jan 2004, 12:25 (Ref:856291)   #30
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
The problem with a standard tank is venting a spillage. Plus you can't foam fill it. So even if you do leave the tank as standard I'm not sure you can comply with the Blue Book.

I stand to be corrected on this.