Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 16 Nov 2006, 18:19 (Ref:1767962)   #76
nyssa7
Racer

nyssa7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be out in the LMA Euro Saloons for 2007 trying to take advantage of the new proposed class structure which takes the Super Tourers out of my class

And I'll be hoping this year the Lancia kappa actually holds together long enough to finsih some races - haven't seen a chequered flag since May after a good start to 2006
Old 16 Nov 2006, 18:24 (Ref:1767968)   #77
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think Al was negative.
3600 is a lot of money. If you look at the whole picture, the price isn't bad at all for everything that is offered.
But if you have to cough it up in one go:
That is more than some people spend in a year.
Old 16 Nov 2006, 18:39 (Ref:1767977)   #78
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy V
I don't think Al was negative.
3600 is a lot of money.
No wonder the UK organising clubs think that we are price insensitive.
Old 16 Nov 2006, 19:32 (Ref:1768008)   #79
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Off topic comment alert
I have to type this or my brain will explode!

This trip is not bad value if it stays at that figure. However the price is NOT finalised and won't be until January at the earliest. So I hope it works out but be a bit more honest rushy

Thanks for reading, you've been a wonderful audience. Don't forget to try the veal and tip your waitress. We now return you to the topic
Old 16 Nov 2006, 19:57 (Ref:1768022)   #80
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I thought the TinTops was a budget sub 2 litre series like HotHatch may be I am getting my lines crossed, good luck to you if you can do it out of my league as that would be my budget for the year :-(
(sorry Peter)

Last edited by Al Weyman; 16 Nov 2006 at 20:00.
Old 16 Nov 2006, 21:16 (Ref:1768055)   #81
RushyRacer
Racer

RushyRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Daytona trip is for cars from both our Series, TinTops & Swinging Sixties plus ANY suitable cars that the Americans will accept, hence the reason they are coming over for both the Stoneleigh show & our March track day to talk to potential competitors including some of the V8's that run in our Sports vs Saloon races so Al, your car would comply . As far as Peter's "honesty" comment is concerned I am only stating the figures from our current marketing which if the numbers stay similar to the interest generated, then the costs will be as near as they can be to that.
Sorry if I have upset people by talking about it!!
Old 16 Nov 2006, 21:30 (Ref:1768060)   #82
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
It would be like taking coals to Newcastle and I think they would just kick my ass (the Yanks that is)! I only need to go as far as Brands for that and of course you have not upset anyone, nice to hear about it and good luck I would love to go if I had the funds and hope it comes off.
Old 17 Nov 2006, 05:13 (Ref:1768239)   #83
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RushyRacer
I am only stating the figures from our current marketing which if the numbers stay similar to the interest generated, then the costs will be as near as they can be to that.
That was my point. It could be as much as £1k more or it may even be less.

Al,

IIRC the package is for two return flights (Virgin?), seven nights hotel (room only), transportation (import/export) for car and spares etc. (including in country transport), three (?) races and local car hire.

In, all even if its £4.5k it sounds to me like a great package if you want to race at Daytona and as an invited club you can run on a Nat B licence too.

This is being discussed in a thread in Historics and it more appropriate there methinks.

BTW £4.5k will buy two of you 7 nights in a good hotel all inclusive on Barbados. But you don't get to race.
Old 17 Nov 2006, 08:02 (Ref:1768293)   #84
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Quote:
This is being discussed in a thread in Historics and it more appropriate there methinks
Is it? I can't find it!
Old 17 Nov 2006, 08:25 (Ref:1768310)   #85
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I'll post the link. I was working from my iPAQ this morning.

Here it is
Old 17 Nov 2006, 09:05 (Ref:1768345)   #86
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Its already gone up 300 quid since that newsletter!
Old 17 Nov 2006, 11:22 (Ref:1768448)   #87
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Al,

Can you be more curmudgeonly please? you're our only one and we need more cumodgeonness as its the winter.
Old 17 Nov 2006, 13:51 (Ref:1768604)   #88
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I going for your title Peter :-)
Old 17 Nov 2006, 13:57 (Ref:1768608)   #89
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I think you got it.
Old 17 Nov 2006, 19:02 (Ref:1768769)   #90
RushyRacer
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
I think you got it.
Seems to be a close run thing to me Gents !
Old 17 Nov 2006, 21:14 (Ref:1768828)   #91
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The lesser-spotted curmudgeon. Inhabits tarmac and gravel but not (Daytona) beaches.

Not curmudgeonly at all to point out that even though the trip is exceptionally good value it is still a h-u-g-e amount of money. More than I've ever paid for a car, the deposit on my first house, etc etc

So they're both right.

phew, normal service can now be resumed. for 2007 I'm racing the Legendary Circuits series (nee FISC Eurotour) taking in Nordchleife, Zandvoort and Monza with the MG Midget.
Old 17 Nov 2006, 21:23 (Ref:1768830)   #92
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Rushy.

This thread is "what are you racing" not "where" you have been pretty far off topic. I've tried to point out where your event is being discussed seems you missed it.

I hope its a success because you have some nice folks racing with you.

You've just made up my mind. Think I'll spend my money on Barbados.
Old 18 Nov 2006, 05:10 (Ref:1768969)   #93
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman
for 2007 I'm racing the Legendary Circuits series (nee FISC Eurotour) taking in Nordchleife, Zandvoort and Monza with the MG Midget.
Sounds like a good plan how many events?
Old 18 Nov 2006, 07:25 (Ref:1768996)   #94
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Three events with three half hour races (except Nordchleife). Have a look here.

Majors on sub-2litre saloon & road sports cars. Really good fun. Entry fee includes catering for 4 people for the duration. Free beer/wine! Last year the series won "Most Friendly Series" or some such pot at the Trophee de Bourgogne at Dijon, against such rivals as the Orewll Supersports.

HTH

Max
Old 18 Nov 2006, 10:00 (Ref:1769034)   #95
FrankB
Rookie

FrankB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You tell me

Don't run my own cars these days but with an International C and 30 years experience in everything from Formula Ford to 2CVs I'm looking for interesting drives, after a four year lay-off due to pressure of work. Not too many outings required, but well prepared cars (not necessarily front-runners) and ideally run at Brands, Lydden etc. Anyone got any ideas? All thoughts much appreciated
Old 18 Nov 2006, 11:16 (Ref:1769067)   #96
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Welcome Frank. Good luck in your quest.
Old 18 Nov 2006, 15:41 (Ref:1769154)   #97
RushyRacer
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Rushy.

This thread is "what are you racing" not "where" you have been pretty far off topic. I've tried to point out where your event is being discussed seems you missed it.

I hope its a success because you have some nice folks racing with you.

You've just made up my mind. Think I'll spend my money on Barbados.
I know but I'd got bored by p3 so I thought I'd spice it up a bit...............enjoy Barbados !!!
Old 18 Nov 2006, 23:32 (Ref:1769317)   #98
big andy
Veteran

United Kingdom
doncaster
big andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbig andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
change of plans for me bought a class A, MG midget SOLD METRO midget should be a good deal quicker though
Old 19 Nov 2006, 05:26 (Ref:1769411)   #99
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Andy,

Are you doing the MGCC Championship?
Old 19 Nov 2006, 08:15 (Ref:1769442)   #100
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Shame we wont see you out in CT again then Andy, I thought you would struggle getting in a Midget, I do!